Cessna-like engine Sound in new Zurich V2.0 update

Meyerflyer

Hello,

a few days ago I installed the version before 1.04 of Zurich v2 and everything was okay. Today I deinstalled Zurich v2 and reinstalled it with the latest version, which was just published.

Now, there seems to be a Cessna-like Propeller-/Engine Sound all around the airport. I have read about a similiar issue in Split X and maybe it had been caused by the AirportController, but I'm not sure anymore. Does anyone have this issue, too? Any ideas what I can do now?

At that time I recognized the issue, I only had my AS Airbus loaded at the threshold of runway 28, no further add-ons except REX4 and FTX global were running. After repositioning to the terminal, the sound consisted and does not appear on any other airport. I did not test also Split X with Airport Controller. Sim is Prepar3D v3.4.

Regards Julian

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Julian,

what you hear is the fuel_pump.wav sound. 

I just backed the file up and deleted it. As I do not use any default planes it was the best solution for me. 

Unfortunately there is no "real" fix for this problem at the moment. 

Hi Frank,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that didn't work for me. The sound consists after deleting the wave file. I just found out, that this sound seems to be one of the ai_ ... soundfiles and further seems to be placed about 100m in front of the cockpit of the loaded aircraft in sim. Can you do a clean install of the new Zürich update? I presume it's an issue, that differs from the one you know.

Hi guys

I can confirm this issue was reported by Prague users too so I expect it's APC related.

Could anyone of you tell me which version the APControler.exe is please?

Thanks,

Premek

@Premek Hi, thank you for taking care of this. I'm running the latest Prepar3D v3.4 Hotfix, my AirportController has the version 1.0.23.60715 according to the details page of the APController.exe. Is this the number you are looking for?

On 21.11.2016 at 08:43, Premek sagte:

@Meyerflyer Yep, that's the number I was going after, thanks.

Updated Zurich and now also get the AI sounds in Zurich and in Prague (APC is 1.0.23.60175). The sounds that you hear are ai_singleprop.wav and xai_singleprop.wav that sit in the sim path/sound folder. I am on P3D v3.3.5.

If you follow the Split thread mentioned above, this bug has been identified more than one year ago, but sadly now solution has been provided. Clearly, it has something to do with the APControler.exe. If you stop the APC via task manager, also the sounds will stop.

As a workaround, you can deactivate the two sound files by changing .wav to .off, but then also your AI sounds will be affected.

Hope that Premek soon finds the bug. As far as I recall, previous versions of the APC did not have this problem.

It might also have something to do that APC is looking for sound files. A similar problem was identified some years ago with SODE:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/environmental-data-probe-engine-sound.432327/

Regards,

Chris

On 26.11.2016 at 12:15, masterhawk sagte:

Hm, strange. I'm running APC 1.0.26.60731 from the JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch for Prague and have NO problems with sound in LSZH.

I did not know that there is a more current (inofficial) version of APC (even the recently updated Zurich came with 1.0.23.60175). I will try this evening and report back whether it solves the problem.

On 19.11.2016 at 00:59, Meyerflyer sagte:

Hello,

a few days ago I installed the version before 1.04 of Zurich v2 and everything was okay. Today I deinstalled Zurich v2 and reinstalled it with the latest version, which was just published.

Now, there seems to be a Cessna-like Propeller-/Engine Sound all around the airport. I have read about a similiar issue in Split X and maybe it had been caused by the AirportController, but I'm not sure anymore. Does anyone have this issue, too? Any ideas what I can do now?

At that time I recognized the issue, I only had my AS Airbus loaded at the threshold of runway 28, no further add-ons except REX4 and FTX global were running. After repositioning to the terminal, the sound consisted and does not appear on any other airport. I did not test also Split X with Airport Controller. Sim is Prepar3D v3.4.

Regards Julian

Just to let you know guys, with APC 1.0.26.60731 from the JetwaysMissingOnArrivalPatch for Prague, the issue is NOT solved.

APC is still buggy in this regard. Only solution is to deactivate the above-mentioned sound files.

On 20.11.2016 at 16:24, Premek sagte:

Hi guys

I can confirm this issue was reported by Prague users too so I expect it's APC related.

Could anyone of you tell me which version the APControler.exe is please?

Thanks,

Premek

Hi Premek, the issue was identified in the Split thread more than one year ago. Have you had a chance to reproduce the issue? Why does an active APController.exe play the ai_singleprop.wav and xai_singleprop.wav ???

@Cargostorm Hi - unfortunately the issue synopsis are similar it is different problem. That was my first guess I somehow drought in the old issue but I didn't.
And you've hit it - I'm not able to reproduce it :-( But trying to analyze the code to be able to find what is causing this issue.

Archived