Tobus

The final legs back to Paderborn

+1 just the opposite :lol:

as an "overager flihgtsimmer" I've had too many run ins with "teenager online controllers" telling me what I can and can not do in MY flight simming experience. :(

On 23.1.2017 at 4:28 PM, Tobus said:

Like I said, I've had too many run ins with overeager online controllers telling me what I can and can not do in MY flight simming experience.

I completely agree. The are some ATC taking it quite seriously.

On 23.1.2017 at 6:49 PM, pasterke said:

+1 just the opposite :lol:

as an "overager flihgtsimmer" I've had too many run ins with "teenager online controllers" telling me what I can and can not do in MY flight simming experience. :(

Well, it seems to me that both of you guys are telling the same. The difference is just one additional 'e'.

BTW, I don't think that too many people acting today  in flight simming are in teenagers. I've learned about four years ago while visiting the Frankfurt control centre that there quite a bunch of real world controllers busy in the same function in our game (oh, what did I say - the no-no-word? :ph34r:  :banghead1_s:) .

On 23.1.2017 at 16:28, Tobus sagte:

Like I said, I've had too many run ins with overeager online controllers telling me what I can and can not do in MY flight simming experience.

Oh, please don't missunderstand me! I'm just giving information and it is not my intention to tell you what to do in YOUR flightsim... Of course you may do what you want!

Guys i've been at home ill for a week now and by the looks of it at least another week will be added. Just to explain my chronic uninvolvement at the moment.

Take your time Toby, we are riding here now for quite a time and one or two weeks earlier or later doesn't matter. All the best for you...

Thanks for the notice, Toby.  Of course, there is no rush.  Better that you should rest and recuperate.  Anyway, another week gives Axel and I a little leeway in our wanderings, and not forgetting Dave ( @Smegtastic) who is back in Indonesia or Australia. Wishing you an easy recovery.

Toby,

wish you all the best for a quick recovery. Don't panic, don't push yourself, just relax.

We are in good shape at Mount Kilimanjaro, perhaps we find together in a group to climb up this pretty mountain.:)

Get well soon.

Gernot

Well due to personal reasons (marriage breakup 4 months ago), I've decided the best option for me and the kids, is that I move out of the house back into my parents (until I got my finances in order) over the next week or 2, so I think internet access from a flight simming point of view will be extremely limited. I don't expect to finish at the same time as everyone else. I'm looking at moving into a new apartment in about 6 months so I will definitely finish the tour at some point. And maybe I'll still be able to finish it sooner. Who knows.

Regrets for the loss, Neal.  Looking into the unknown can certainly be disheartening, but all possibilities are there.  Seems good that you're taking action to keep walking.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, dcda said:

Regrets for the loss, Neal.  Looking into the unknown can certainly be disheartening, but all possibilities are there.  Seems good that you're taking action to keep walking.

Thanks Dale. We are currently living seperate lives under the same roof. And while we can manage to get along for the kids sakes, there is still an athmosphere so the time has come to move on.

vor 7 Stunden , nealmac sagte:

Thanks Dale. We are currently living seperate lives under the same roof. And while we can manage to get along for the kids sakes, there is still an athmosphere so the time has come to move on.

I'm sorry Neal.

I'm just going through something similar, although not a marriage and no children involved.

She moved out February 1st. And I will move next Tuesday.

Hard times, at least for me. I really can't quite fathom that we really messed it up and will be living seperate lives again. And yet I couldn't prevent it from happening. Giving up was not on my agenda.

Today was especially hard. I got the keys to my new place. But instead of being able to look forward it just reminded me of what I lost.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Farlis said:

I'm sorry Neal.

I'm just going through something similar, although not a marriage and no children involved.

She moved out February 1st. And I will move next Tuesday.

Hard times, at least for me. I really can't quite fathom that we really messed it up and will be living seperate lives again. And yet I couldn't prevent it from happening. Giving up was not on my agenda.

Yeah it's not easy. We have 2 kids. Basically we haven't been getting on for the past few years. In September she told me she wanted to split up. She wouldn't consider counselling either. A few days later she informed me that she was now seeing someone else. It's a bitter pill to take. People are telling me that she should be the one to have to leave etc, but it's not that simple. If it were to go to court, she would more than likely be named as the primary carer of the kids, and she'd be be given the house until the kids come of age. Then we would sell up and split the proceeds. So rather than waste money on legal fees and fighting through the courts, (a judge won't see unfaithfulness as a factor) I think me moving out is the best option. I'll always be entitled to half the value of the house when it's eventually sold, as it's a marital asset. We will both have as much time with the kids as we want. I'll move into my parents for a few months, and then I'll look for a small 2 bed apartment I can rent until the house is eventually sold. Once it's sold and we divide the profits, we can both buy our own small place without needing a mortgage. I'm 39 at the moment, so I'm not in a bad situation. The house will be sold long before I retire, so I shouldn't have any major financial problems. We intend to keep things as amicable as possible. Life is hard enough without making things worse.

Sorry to hear about your situation Farlis. I hope everything works out for you. Not having kids is a huge plus on your side. Assuming you both own your own house everything can be split down the middle and you can have a clean start.

How awful Neal. You have my sympathies!

I will never understand people who can only muster up the courage to split, if they already have a new "backup" partner waiting on the sideline. That's really low.

At least that was not the case with us. Our relationship just slowly died over time. We both knew it and have spoken about it many times. But we were both incapable of stopping the decay. 

But it was she who finally made the decision of moving apart. I would have tried to get through the rough times in the hope that it will get better eventually. I still think that is key to many failed relationships: Not bringing up the patience to endure rough spots.

They are inevitable. But they might go away and one can get out of it stronger as a couple. I believed that, despite the fact that I was not happy with the state of our relationship. But it takes two with that mindset for that to work. And she prefers to live alone again.

I don't.

The only plus is that the breakup has no other ramifications other than emotional ones. No financial situations to clear, apart from the fact that sharing household is always cheaper, than living alone.

Keep your chin up, Neal. It will get better, I'm sure. 

If I weren't, I'd be dead. ;)

• Upvote 1

Hi Neal, hi Farlis,

I'm so sorry to read your stories. You both have my deepest sympathies.

From own experience I can imagine what you are going through right now. It's like falling into a deep hole with little hope for the future. But believe me, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Don't argue too much about the past, what went wrong. For the kid's sake try to avoid any revenge feelings. Look forward and keep your chin up.

Gernot

• Upvote 1

Hi nealmac,

Well, if I may say so: Welcome to the club ... a similar story for me, as for many others here it seems, Well, twice in my case, in fact!

In each case, there were kids and ... (worry toopen a widely opened door) kids'are the true wealth in this world :)))

But, living such a situation is always harsh so, neal and Farlis and gernot,it seems we all lived and are living that.

A love that slowly dies is not fun at all and a hard time to go thru.

Dear neal, you have all my sympathies (hope it will give you some relief)

By the way, I met some years ago my first wife and we are now very good friends ... Life is very very surprising, no?

So, kids and the surprises of life is the real relief.

neal "hauts les coeurs!" as we say in french.

Philippe ;)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I know it might sound harsh but there's always something comforting knowing other people are going through the same thing and I'm not the only one on the Aerosoft forums going through it. I hope things are working out for all you guys.

Sorry everyone for derailing such a good thread lol.

began to fear that I was the only one here on the forum who was happily married for 45 years  :lol: 

Best of luck guys and good luck

• Upvote 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.