Aircraft Enters Holding Pattern Upon Takeoff

ev.ace

I program everything into the Left MCDU correctly and it works exactly fine. I set the speed hold, etc. However when I activate the NAV hold my aircraft stays in a steep bank over the airport and does not follow the programmed flight path, can somebody please help me?

Hi,

an picture is helpful  (FCU,  PDF,  ND, F/PLN  Page). At  me,  the NAV mode is armed  at  takeoff,  when  i  fly with corresponding  SID. The Flightdirector show after takeoff the lateral and vertical flight path. At Autopilot on, the FD bars should be centered. Youv' e Check,  that  the next waypoint  is the active waypoint on your F/PLN  page?

• 1 month later...

I am not sure if this is the correct reason since we don't have an exact idea of what your MCDU F-Pln looks like, or what your PFD is stating, but sometimes, if the MCDU inputs a waypoint named ''MANUAL'' I delete that as that causes a Discontinuity. Also, try activatin the AP later after Rotate.

On 14.11.2016 at 22:38, ev.ace sagte:

I program everything into the Left MCDU correctly and it works exactly fine. I set the speed hold, etc. However when I activate the NAV hold my aircraft stays in a steep bank over the airport and does not follow the programmed flight path, can somebody please help me?

Hi,

I am pretty shure, that your MCDU isn't set correct. Your "when I activate the NAV hold..." shows it's time to work thru the Step-by-Step Guide. There is no NAV hold, the Airbus offers a "Managed" or "Selected" mode.

Do this Step-by-Step Guide and everything will be sunny for you :)

Archived