AES P3D development

Qseries

Hello Oliver,

First, I'd like to thank you again for all your great work with AES, even in times where a lot of people prefer "alternative" products. For me, AES is and will stay one of the most important tools in FSX, and it has many advantages compared to competitors products. I also really want to thank you for developing a new AES for P3D. Like me, a lot of users who want to change to P3D these days aren't doing that only because of they don't want to miss AES. P3D is, as the development in the last years shows, the future of flight simulation, and dozens of users are switching these days. In the release notes of AES 2.43 you have announced that you are already working on AES for P3D and a new jetway animation and pushback system has already been developed. I'd like to ask you to think about releasing a Jetway-only AES even when the other parts of the program are not finished. The reason for that is, that a lot of people are missing animated jetways in P3D, because a huge amount of airports doesn't have any alternative next to AES to get animated jetways. Therefore I would really appreciate if you could consider releasing the jetway part of AES for P3D as soon as it works. This way you would allow the P3D users to get their animated jetways back, and allow users like me, who don't want to switch to P3D unless there are AES Jetways available to do the switch and enjoy the advantages of P3D. Of course that all is your decision. I'm sure many users would be happy to get AES Jetways in P3D. I'm really looking forward to this, and hope development goes well.
If I could, I would offer you my help, but I don't see anything in my possibilities which would help you at the moment.

Thanks for all your great work, and thanks for still thinking of all the loyal AES lovers out there,
best regards,
QSeries

• 1 month later...

Hello Oliver,

a happy new year to you, may it be successful, with a lot of joy, health and happyness!

As some months have passed I'd like to ask you whether you read my post above, and whethere there is a chance you comment on that idea. It would also be really great if you could give the community an update what the status of the development of AES for P3D is at the moment. I see that there are really lots of simmers changing to P3D now - in fact I feel really lonely as an FSX user today. I actually don't know anyone anymore who still uses FSX, all of my friends have already switched to P3D. While it was uncertain what will happen a year ago, now one can definitely say that P3D has become the future of flight simulation. There are already some companies who reduce there support for there FSX products, and if you experience some bugs they tell you "so why are you still using such an outdated platform - use P3D" instead of trying to offer you some help.

Since the latest build, P3D has become by far superior over FSX, as it has no VAS issues anymore - it really aggressively clears the VAS after data is not needed anymore now. This fact made me trying P3D these days, even though I refused to do that for the last two years because of I don't wanted to miss AES, or at least the moving Jetways. I'm really overwhelmed by the power of that sim, and it's really difficult stay with FSX if you have seen P3D one time. But there's still the jetway issue for me - nearly half of my addon airports offer only AES for jetways, and to make it even harder, these are the most important ones to me. Using such phantastic scenerys like FRA or DUS with static jetways is just not the same thing.

So why I'm telling you that all again. I for sure know that I've no right to claim animated jetways at all - I bought the scenerys and I'm was happy with them, and still am. But now the situation has changed - as the descision to stay with FSX comes with more and more disadvantages these days, and FSX will loose support of addon developers soon, as noone still buys FSX products, I really would like to use P3D, too. But to get the to me really important animated jetways I'm dependent on you, on aerosoft and the scenery developers. So I really want to beg you, please offer a solution soon, at least for major airports like FRA. I can't do anything else than saying please do it for all your long time loyal customers. I know AES is a complex addon, and it won't be redeveloped in a few month - but maybe think again about a interims solution, some kind of temporary fix. I know you are only responsible for AES, but you have the contact to the GA team and others so encourage them to consider SODE or IK-Jetways if you can't develop a solution with AES in reasonable time. SODE Jetways are so easy to generate these days, even medium-quality developers implement it these days. The inventor of SODE offers help for that.

I know AES for P3D will be a great product as it was everytime, and will still have all the advantages it has in FSX these days. It won't jeopardise the sales of AES if you offer an interims solution for the jetways with a fix or SODE - it would make a lot of customers really greatful to you, and this way it would make them supporting AES again.

best regards,
QSeries

• Developer

The AES Development for the new Plattforms is not in a State yet, where any statements can be done in which form it will be published and how the concept will be. Before I have no idea about all details, how to design the different needed parts, it make no sense to talk about the details for Productoptions and so on. This is more or less the last part, when I am at the State to have a clear view about all the possiblities we could include in this new Product.

When I start with AES 2006, I would not know anything about "how to release", just 4 week before the release in December 2006 this was defined.

Maybe we will release AES for P3D/FSX:SE in steps, as it was done 2006-2008 with the features of AES, but therefor I need all basics together, otherwise I and the users gets more chaos, that could not be the goal.

The minimum features needed to be done is Jetways and Safegates/Marshallers, otherwise at several Airport the Jetways could not be used, as they need to correct placement of the aircraft at the gate.

Btw: The CTRL+J Jetways  auf the newer products of Simwings have Jetways included, which I provide to the developers. The Update for EDDH of GAP in the pipeline have also Ctrl+J Jetways. Maybe EDDF V2 will get a update with Ctrl+J, but this is not discussed yet with the developers and a desition of the GAP Team.

Archived