Climbing for FL380

climb 380.JPG

As we cruise at 38000 feet I notice once again there's no snow on the mountains

cruise no snow.JPG

Making our approach into Delhi

Approach Delhi.JPG

A very foggy final approach for runway 20

final foggy.JPG

On landing we notice we have another issue with Orbx Global Vector, where the runway lights are hovering above the runway. We make a mental to fix this in the configuration tool.

landing scenery issue lights.JPG

We get parked at gate 83

parked 83.JPG

pasterke    27

Leg 91  VIDP  OPRN  Boeing 737/800

VIDP gates misty

vidp.jpg

taxi to rwy

taxi.jpg

very foggy conditions round OPRN

apr.jpg

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

to the gates at OPRN

to gates.jpg

to gates 2.jpg

oprn.jpg

OPRN at the gate

gazoeller    130

Thank you Toby for your continuos support and the new batch of flights after our long lasting evaluation phase. :grouprespect_s:

Appreciate your ongoing contribution to this tour!

Hi pasterke, hi nealmac,

are you two taking bets, who of you will be first at Kilimanjaro?:lolsign_s:

Gernot

• Upvote 1

pasterke    27
9 minutes ago, gazoeller said:

Thank you Toby for your continuos support and the new batch of flights after our long lasting evaluation phase. :grouprespect_s:

yes, thanks Toby :cheers_s:

10 minutes ago, gazoeller said:

Hi pasterke, hi nealmac,

Maybe who knows :hahaha_s:

• Upvote 1

nealmac    244

Leg 91 : VIDP - OPRN
Date : 10/11/16
Departure Time : 08:41 Zulu
Arrival Time : 10:51 Zulu
Aircraft : Ryanair PMDG BOEING 737-800 CFM
Planned Route : BIPAN BUTOP A589 ASARI A466 SAMAR CRP18 INDEK INDE1A
Cruise level : FL360

We depart a very fogged up Delhi Airport from runway 28

takeoff 28 foggy delhi.JPG

Climbing through 25000 feet for FL360

climb 250 for 360.JPG

As we cruise toward the India/Pakistan border, we get a very strange terrain reading on the ND. I have no idea what the problem is.

cruise 360 terrain radar issue.JPG

Shortly after crossing into Pakistan airspace we beging our descent. Orbx has yet again decided to annoy me with their repeating textures

descending into pakistan repeat textures.JPG

On short final for the ILS approach for runway 30, we break out through a thick mist

short final fog ILS 30.JPG

Safe landing

landing.JPG

Parked at gate 22 I believe

parked 22.JPG

5 hours ago, gazoeller said:

Hi pasterke, hi nealmac,

Gernot

I'm going to be away with work in the forthcoming weeks, so I want to try and get a head start. But I'll accept any challenge thrown at me :lol:

nealmac    244

Leg 92 : OPRN - UTTT
Date : 12/11/16
Departure Time : 09:48 Zulu
Arrival Time : 11:25 Zulu
Aircraft : British Airways iFly BOEING 747-400
Planned Route : FATE1B FATEH J183 KALNA J161 PS P500 FIRUZ G500 POMIR G91 MIRVI A237 DILRO B370 CV CV1Z
Cruise level : FL390

Departing Islamabad from runway 12

take off 12.JPG

Climbing for FL390

climb 390.JPG

About 100 miles from our ToD

cruise 390.JPG

Descending through 18000 feet

descent 20000.JPG

Landing on runway 08R

landing ils 08r.JPG

Parked at gate 5, in a very quiet airport.

parked gate 5.JPG

tod coming up to.JPG

• Upvote 1

Philouplaine    96
18 hours ago, nealmac said:

Landing on runway 08R

landing ils 08r.JPG

That's a superb pic, nealmac. Superb!!

Apparently, you transfer yourself on a speedbird 747-400 ! t certainly change from the Aer Lingus A320, fight?

Philippe

• Upvote 1

nealmac    244
18 hours ago, nealmac said: Landing on runway 08R

landing ils 08r.JPG

That's a superb pic, nealmac. Superb!!

Apparently, you transfer yourself on a speedbird 747-400 ! t certainly change from the Aer Lingus A320, fight?

Philippe

Haha, thanks Philippe. Yes I like to mix it up a bit. I've spent a lot of money on payware aircraft and but I rarely fly them. So I might as well get my money's worth.

I'll be spoilt for choice when the A330 and the CRJ are released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirk-NL    22

Here we go for a new bunch of legs:

Leg 90: VNKT to VIDP, 564 Nm, at FL240

Route: VNKT SMR G590 BODOG Q18 LKN R594 SSB VIDP

Block-off: 11:17z   Takeoff: 11:29z   Touchdown: 13:53z   Block-on: 14:00z

Metar departure: VNKT 141120Z 28004KT 230V310 9999 FEW020 19/09 Q1019 NOSIG

Metar destination: VIDP 141330Z 05004KT 2500 FU NSC 23/11 Q1015 NOSIG

Aircraft: Carenado Beechcraft B350i King Air

After takeoff from RWY 20 I followed the DARK1A SID (SMR transition) to SMR, the first waypoint of this flight. I was cleared to FL160 and later my requested cruise on FL240. That was not a good idea: a 43 kts. headwind. But I decided to stay that high:

2016-11-14_12-52-10-842.jpeg

Leaving the high mountains behind.

After the BODOG WPT I asked for FL200 and got it: now 35 kts. headwind. Beautiful weather, no clouds, only a bit haze. The scenery below was 'repeating itself'. Not so interesting. At approx. 130 Nm from destination ATC stepped me down to FL110 (a bit weird because it should be 100 or 120 going west). But I don't argue with a controller. She must have had her reason. With the wind at VIDP 360 at 6 it surprised me a bit that RWY 09 was the active. Not very efficient when you come from the east. So from SSB I followed the SIBA1A STAR (JAL transition) for an ILS approach. On final my FPS dropped dramaticly and the autopilot of the B350i told me to do it myself. No way it could intercept the localizer and glideslope. Visually it was a 'shocking' experience, but I managed to make a nice landing. I think I better wait for the moment my budget allows me to buy a new PC and for the time being, I'll go back to RealAir's Turbine Duke again. Apparently the B350 is a bit too much for my present PC. 

Cheers.  :cheers_s:

Dirk

FlyingAxx    129

After spending almost two weeks around Kathmandu with trekking in order to gain a bit of fitness it’s time to leave this area again. It took some days adapting to the elevation. I hired a guide (and his car) and we drove to Bahundanda, a village having about 2500 inhabitants, south of the Manaslu, a mountain raising up to 8,163 m and framed by two “smaller hills” just missing the magic 8,000 m by only a couple of meters. The tour started in the dark and took about 11 hours. After our arrival we found ourselves in the middle of Japanese climbers preparing their organised adventure tours to the Annapurna Massive and, like them, we had to use tented camps as the village itself had no space for tourists at all. Actually, it’s not my way spending holidays usually even if I wouldn’t like to miss the experience at all.

Back at Kathmandu I strolled through nice parks and visited all kind of temples. Nonetheless I’d been happy preparing the next leg to New Delhi as I would fly a pretty new bird for a while.

Leg #90 VNKT-VIDP (New Delhi), 456nm, B772, 1:18 hrs ,DARK1A NARAN L626 HW SIBA1A.RW28, IFR-conditions

Here she is, waiting for the pusher.

2016_11_13_VNKT_VIDP_01_AB.jpg

The weather was a bit foggy with no wind and we took off southbound.

2016_11_13_VNKT_VIDP_02_AB.jpg

The surrounding mountains had been shrouded in a mixture of clouds and fog. Far away the well known Annapurna Massive and right of it the Himalchuli, a peak just close to the famous eight-thousander border.

2016_11_13_VNKT_VIDP_03_AB.jpg

After about 20 minutes we reached the only saw the shade of high rising mountains far away to our right and the white peaks where now nearly indistinguishable from the higher rising clouds. Instead of spectacular mountains we had beneath us a featureless landscape with small fields and hardly visible towns covered by a haze layer becoming more and more dense. The weather forecast for Delhi predicted low visibility and IFR conditions. We used the RW28 ILS approach and found our stand at the far left end of the airport. The picture below might give you only an insufficient impression about the visibility.

2016_11_13_VNKT_VIDP_04_AB.jpg

It took a while until the last passenger had left the plane as nearly all of them had a lot of little stuff being bundled somehow in voluminous, but squeezable jute sacks and it seems half of those had scattered parts of their content somewhere in the lockers. While standing besides the door I wished sometimes to get back the freighter.

A replacement crew will fly the plane in a sort of triangle flight via Seychelles Intl and Cape Town to Abu Dhabi before returning. I'm going to take some days of luxury in a nice hotel without moving around too much. Swimming in a pool is something I missed for the last weeks. New Delhi is an interesting city but quite chaotic, too. You need to know where to go and there is hardly a way doing this without local guidance. Furthermore there are some things to know about communication habits, for instance people shaking their heads instead of nodding, something leading easily to misunderstandings. However, there are some places I want to visit.

As usual a word about the scenery: the AFCAD of VIDP (indira_gandhi_intl_fsx.zip) is available at AVSIM and nicely done by Craig Scott.

See you...

FlyingAxx    129
5 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Loving the new bird Axel. I really miss mine since I moved to P3D :( 

I can truly understand this. BTW, if changing the sim I would likely choose X-Plane on a Linux platform. It's not that memory limited and the upcoming next version seems to ease the settings dramatically. Even the standard features are looking great. There are two videos showing a presentation of X-Plane 11 at YouTube - nice stuff.

WFX478    32

LEG 90 : VNKT-VIDP
  ONLINE : IVAO
    DATE : 15.11.2016
TAKE OFF : 18:41z
 LANDING : 20:32z
CALLSIGN : DLH478
AIRCRAFT : Lockheed Constellation
   ROUTE : KTM B345 NARAN L626 SSB DPN
DISTANCE : 460 NM
      FL : 200
 REMARKS : SIMULATING DAYLIGHT

leg90.JPG

Dirk-NL    22

It’s been a challenge the past few days. First, my rudder pedals stopped working. To be more precise, they were dead after 11 months usage. Good to know that the aviationmegastore is just 10 minutes away. So I got myself a new set for guarantee. Zero euro. Just the ride back and forth. Sad to hear that Saitek was taken over by Logitech and that it’s uncertain what the new owner is going to do.

Back home I plugged in the new set and after 30 minutes or so I hear a loud…. Buzzzzzz. Oops. What’s going on?

To cut a long story short,… one hour later I had everything working again. Then I started the hunt for more FPS. At the aviationmegastore they suggested me to hit the Default button and see what happens. Indeed, even with the B350i I had the 20 FPS limit again. With a few benchmark tests and little changes, I found myself at reasonable FPS between 15 and 20. I can live with that.

So off we go for leg 91 of this epic journey: VIDP to OPRN, 444 Nm, on FL260.
Route: VIDP BUTOP A589 ASARI A466 SAMAR L509 INDEK J121 POMAR OPRN
Block-off: 10:06z   Takeoff: 10:33z   Touchdown: 12:08z   Block-on: 12:13z
Metar departure: VIDP 141400Z 05004KT 2500 FU NSC 23/11 Q1015 NOSIG
Metar destination: OPRN 141533Z 36006KT 4000 16/09 Q1017
Aircraft: Carenado Beechcraft B350i King Air

2016-11-17_10-46-30-285.jpeg
With visibility only 1 mile and further clear, it was a long way taxiing from parking 49 to the holding point of RWY09. After takeoff I followed the PAGBU SID, BUTOP transition to reach FL260 long before. During my benchmark flight I had set AS16 to historical weather of last Monday. Just to have the same weather on every flight. But I forgot to set it back to Live mode for this flight. When I did, I found out that it did not change a thing. So the flight was in clear skies with a little haze that became more densed on approach for the ILS of RWY30. Even during the approach the FPS was not below 15. Acceptable! Just as the way I parked (according to GSX).

2016-11-17_13-13-44-557.jpeg

I think I'll have a beer (or two).

Happy landings,

Dirk

Ruud    22

Leg 90 VNKT-VIDP finished, very foggy approach at VIDP.

-2016-nov-18-002.jpg

Leaving VNKT

-2016-nov-18-007.jpg

Some mountains obscured by the clouds

-2016-nov-18-009.jpg

Really nice view with the cloud layers

-2016-nov-18-018.jpg

As you can see low visibility at our destination airport

Cheers,

Ruud 

FlyingAxx    129

Hello guys, spending a week in the Imperial Hotel had been wonderful, even if a kind of splendid isolation, as it has nothing to do with anything happening in most other parts of New Delhi. However, I enjoyed the stay, visited the hotel's internal museum of colonial artefacts, being part of those itself as it was built in the 30th and is not at all confusable like most modern and high-rising hotel towers. When leaving the entrance area with its old and high palm trees, you’ll find only a few steps away the Janjar Mantar, a park consisting 13 architectural astronomy instruments being built in the early 18th century. It was reconstructed after being destroyed during the Indian Rebellion of 1857, but it looks a quite weathered again.

Jantar_Mantar_Delhi_27-05-2005.jpg

CC BY-SA 3.0, source data

Another place not far away is Connaught Place, the Central Park of New Delhi (quite easy to survey) and in circles around it one of the most important business districts where almost all big Indian companies are running at least a branch office.

Well, when receiving the information about the arrival of the ROMEO ALPHA it only took me another hour for standing in front of the agent’s desk at Indira Gandhi International Airport in order to prepare the next flight. It was planned with 1:15 hrs, quite short for a bird having long range capabilities. However the control mechanisms where tremendous, not only for our PAX, but as well for the freight, the plane itself and its crew. The custom officers asked to open nearly each container in order to check again what they had done before the stuff had been loaded. The reserve to the neighbour Pakistan was obvious.

Leg #91 VIDP-OPRN (Islamabad), 400nm, B772,  1:06 hrs,  BIPAN BUTOP A589 ASARI A466 SAMAR CRL5 INDEK J121 POMUR POMU1F

At least in the morning it had been still foggy with just 1.2 nm visibility.

2016_11_18_VIDP_OPRN_01_AB.jpg

After taking off, we had to climb through a typical inversion haze cover.

2016_11_18_VIDP_OPRN_02_AB.jpg

After passing the border to Pakistan while already descending, we passed Jhelum River and left the Mangla Dam Lake at our starboard side behind us.

2016_11_18_VIDP_OPRN_03_AB.jpg

Even if we had been able recognising some higher rising mountains north of Islamabad, we did not get a chance seeing any of the really mighty ones being about 100 km away. En route it seemed to clear up a bit, but during the landing we almost had the same conditions as at Delhi about an hour before.

2016_11_18_VIDP_OPRN_04_AB.jpg

As taxiways parallel to the runway didn’t exist we had to turn and used Taxiway A in order to reach our stand #11 at the main apron. The Benazir Bhutto International Airport itself is far away from being a modern one. The civilian part appears rather to be an appendix to the huge military areal.

2016_11_18_VIDP_OPRN_05_AB.jpg

After we had left the plane it will be used for daily flights to Abu Dhabi in order to transport Pakistani workers to and from the Emirates before continuing our RTW tour.

The usual word about the used scenery: It is based on Junior Moult’s work “islamabad2012fsx.zip” available at flightsim.com. At least for me it had some flaws I’d been able to corrects easily as the author had included the ADE source file. So I removed static airplanes being placed on parking spots (I saw AI aircraft standing inside a static one), connected isolated parking places to taxi paths and covert the elevation difference to the airport’s periphery by  adapting polygons. Due to the author’s terms and conditions I can’t publish those changes here. However, over all he did a really god job.

To be continued, likely next week.

WFX478    32

LEG 91 : VIDP-OPRN
  ONLINE : IVAO
    DATE : 20.11.2016
TAKE OFF : 16:57z
 LANDING : 18:54z
CALLSIGN : DLH478
AIRCRAFT : Lockheed Constellation
   ROUTE : BUTOP W31W ASARI L509 INDEK
DISTANCE : 437 NM
      FL : 180
 REMARKS : SIMULATING DAYLIGHT 

leg91.JPG

sideout    24

Leg 90, VNKT, Tribhuvan International to VIDP, Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi

Fitting the Round the World legs in between the almost daily Crete to Capetown rally legs, phew!

Clear skies on departure

2016-11-14_9-28-20-613.jpg

A very neatly kept default airfield

2016-11-14_9-31-31-800.jpg

Getting a bit cloudy and misty below

2016-11-14_9-47-16-36.jpg

Cleared for my landing

2016-11-14_11-14-20-466.jpg

Ooh, another King Air...

2016-11-14_11-25-54-752.jpg

Many thanks to Toby for your continued dedication in binding us all together! :)

Looking forward to the rest of the adventure.

Cheers,

Nigel

Wieland1138    10

my question here by the way:

what is the nearest and best origin airport (payware or freeware) to fly into kilimanjaro ? i mean closer as seychelles or saudi or egypt ?

i am looking for a short trip with the dash. any advice ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.