Jeroen Doorman

Manchester X

57 posts in this topic

One issue left, but indeed very close to release. It's a pretty heavy scenery due to the very very high number of 3d objects but the manager makes it 'tunable' for each system. 

2017-1-10_13-28-0-765.png

settoinsg.jpg

10 minutes ago, nealmac said:

That's just a placeholder. It doesn't mean anything regarding how long the release will be. If you read Mathijs' post, just a few posts up you will see that he says he's not expecting a release any time soon.

But I was wrong.

Hope that VAS and FPS will be ok. Otherwise... no go for me.

11 minutes ago, Scriptless said:

Hope that VAS and FPS will be ok. Otherwise... no go for me.

That's what the above shown manager is there for ;) 

No go for me.. What a strange thing to say?! 

Well done Aerosoft and IDS, this looks outstanding, can't wait to see it in my FSX.

Excellent, thanks Mathijs.

this certainty looks better than the UK2000 'refresh' so I'll be keeping my wallet shut until this is released!

I work at EGCC so looking forward to partnering this scenery with the A330 later this year.

vor 3 Stunden , Tom A320 sagte:

That's what the above shown manager is there for ;) 

Well, for performance maybe, but I assume that VAS is for every system the same

Looking at the old multistorey carpark gives me nightmares. The car rental area is right at the top of it. About 15 floors up. It used to take nearly an hour on busy mornings to get a car out of there. They actually moved the car rental area about a year ago. It's further away from the terminal buildings and you now have to get a shuttle bus. The truth be known, I actually hate Manchester airport, at least from a passenger point of view. Looking forward to flying into it on P3D though.

1 hour ago, Scriptless said:

Well, for performance maybe, but I assume that VAS is for every system the same

If you use the manager to disable objects then you most definitely end up in a lower VAS usage.

39 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Superb.  Looking forward to release.

+1

(I got up an hour early to be on European Time, and have been refreshing since! (actually thinking now about writing a script to run on a Pi so I can go flying on my Windows machine) :wacko::D)

Release will not be today, we found one last issue.

Oh well; these things happen. Thanks for the update, Mathijs.

Would you say I should be alright to restore my 'clean' P3D image in the morning to prepare; or might we be looking at a bit longer to resolve it?

Thanks,

Rob.

We hope to have new files tomorrow.

Not something that would delay a release but something that might be important to know. When I tested our Manchester installer, one of my virus scanners (it is a bitch to have to run more than one, but needed for what we do) Avast complained about the scenery manager. It quarantined the file. I contacted them and just got this back:

machester.jpg

So when you see a warning when installing you know what is happening. Silly enough Avast did not release the file from quarantine. These protection products are almost all total and utter rubbish, but we can't do without. I have to say Avast is one of the very few companies who is actually willing to reply to mails and who seem to understand their false positives are costing us thousand of Euros a year. 

Before installing update your virus definitions.  

I understand your frustration about the false alarms, I know it from my development of a simple program you might remember.. If you did the same command in the EXE file more then once it was tricked as virus automatic due to how the program analyse the file as if only done once no problem.. So it is those automatic things programed in the virusprograms that can be a pain I the back, even it just try to protect you..

Refreshing the download page here several times now :) In the mean time making a list of airlines into the different terminals so I can directly modify the AFCAD:

T1
AEE AUA AUR BEL BGH BMR BRU CFG DLH EIN ETD EWG EXS EZY FCB FIN GWI IAW IBK ICE NAX OAW PGA PGT SAS STK SWR SWU TAP TCX THY TSC UAE WBA
T2
AMC AWC CAI CHH CPA DAL ENT EVE FHY LLC MON OMA PIA QTR RAM ROU SAI SIA SVA TOM UAL VIR
T3
AAL ADR AFR BAW BEE IBS KLM LOG RYR SUS VLG

10 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Refreshing the download page here several times now :) In the mean time making a list of airlines into the different terminals so I can directly modify the AFCAD:

T1
AEE AUA AUR BEL BGH BMR BRU CFG DLH EIN ETD EWG EXS EZY FCB FIN GWI IAW IBK ICE NAX OAW PGA PGT SAS STK SWR SWU TAP TCX THY TSC UAE WBA
T2
AMC AWC CAI CHH CPA DAL ENT EVE FHY LLC MON OMA PIA QTR RAM ROU SAI SIA SVA TOM UAL VIR
T3

Looks good!

10 minutes ago, Er!k said:

T1
T2
T3

And have you ordered it yet, only it doesn't say add to cart anywhere on the page?

2nd to last picture has David Beckham on the billboard. Cool.

3 minutes ago, onlyplanes88 said:

Looks good!

And have you ordered it yet, only it doesn't say add to cart anywhere on the page?

No, not possible yet...

18 minutes ago, olschelsea8 said:

2nd to last picture has David Beckham on the billboard. Cool.

You've just put me off buying it :lol: