Adding a new Aircraft to the export list.

I added a new aircraft, created a new template, and it shows up in the list of aircraft. The aircraft loads into the flight plan OK.  When I try export the flight plan to FSX, however, the new aircraft doesn't show up in the route export tab list. What do I need to do to add it to the export list? It's a 747-400.

Thanks.

Pete Locascio

• Deputy Sheriffs

The aircraft templates have nothing to do with the flight plan exports, as they do not define the format of the export data. This is vendor specific. 

I suggest you pick an aircraft from the same vendor as your 747.

I'm really not sure what you mean. The specific aircraft is in the aircraft editor tab. I filled in all the spaces and it shows up in the drop down list when creating a flight. I appreciate your response, but really don't know what you mean.

Could you be a little more specific. Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

The aircraft you create from a template are used by PFPX to generate your OFP, with all it's performance values taken from the template.

The flight plan export is not related to this aircraft. 

Here it depends what aircraft add-on you are using in your FSX, as every add-on has it's own flight plan file format. So from the export flight plan window you select the aircraft add-on you have installed in your FSX.

I assume you are using the PMDG 747-400. I do not own that add-on, so I can only guess that you have to select 

• PMDG Simulations RTE (FSX) 

from the export list. If that doesn't work try the 

• PMDG Simulations RT2 (FSX) 

item.

Please make sure to have your FSX program folder properly configured in that window.

OK, I tried what you said. The route was saved in the PMDG flight plan folder, and I copied it into the PMDG 747 specific folder. I guess what I'm asking is on the addon list it specifically shows the PMDG 777, but not the 747. How do I create a route directly to the PMDG 747 flight plan folder? Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't know if the flight plan format differs between all the different PMDG products.

So first you should find an export item that works for your 747. Copy the exported flight plan into the correct 747 flight plan folder and give it a try.

Afterwards select that item (to have it highlighted) and click the "Browse" button in the button bar on top of the export windows. Now select your 747 flight plan folder.

Archived