OK.  

After latest updated I am getting puzzled here. How can I add call-sign flight like UAL 987? whatever I enter it red out on me. This used to be so simple now it is not. In Flight box I had no option to type UAL, I have to find and then select UAL from the dropdown menu and then it shows as United Airlines. It takes times and very inconvenient !!! In the Callsign box I need to add flight number like 987 or whatever. It does not let me do that. If I force 987 it shows red and does not appear in OFP (flight plan). I tried skip Flight box and just type UAL 987 in callsign box and it still shown red and not shown in flight plan after calculation. 

Thx 

The callsign may be different from the flight number which uses IATA code where available.

In your example UA987 - UAL987

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

Personnally I ignore the Flight (IATA) and leave it blank. If you fill it you would, in lot of times, end up with something completely wrong in the Callsign box (ICAO) because carriers would use different companies than their own or decide to have the callsign different than the Flight N° for operational reasons.

If you take the flight AF7365, the callsign is AF365NV because it is the regional subsidiary HOP doing the flight and it is operated by BritAir.

Another one: The Fly Be BE6034 is STK624R as operated by Stobart and so on.

The flight N° is the N° on the PAX ticket and is no use to us as we use the callsign. I do not know why we should have it on the OFP as it could be confusing. ATC would have only the Callsign and if you call them saying this is Fly Be 6034 instead of Stobart 624 Romeo you are going to create a good bit of mess with the ATC.

Regards,

JP

46 minutes ago, jpgmultimodal said:

Personnally I ignore the Flight (IATA) and leave it blank. If you fill it you would, in lot of times, end up with something completely wrong in the Callsign box (ICAO) because carriers would use different companies than their own or decide to have the callsign different than the Flight N° for operational reasons.

If you take the flight AF7365, the callsign is AF365NV because it is the regional subsidiary HOP doing the flight and it is operated by BritAir.

Another one: The Fly Be BE6034 is STK624R as operated by Stobart and so on.

The flight N° is the N° on the PAX ticket and is no use to us as we use the callsign. I do not know why we should have it on the OFP as it could be confusing. ATC would have only the Callsign and if you call them saying this is Fly Be 6034 instead of Stobart 624 Romeo you are going to create a good bit of mess with the ATC.

Regards,

JP

Well, Air France ICAO code is AFR and FlyBe is BEE. Also FlyBe callsign is Jersey :D

6 hours ago, skysurfer said:

Thanks for the reply. I tried exactly as it shown above and both windows are still red, it is not accepting such entries. 

Thx 

Can you post a snapshot of the entries where they remain red.

49 minutes ago, jpgmultimodal said:

It should be but for domestic flights Air France uses AF and international AFR. I think this could be due to the maximum characters (7) on an ICAO FPL that they have to drop the "R"

Mmm, never seen that. Seem like they do that! Maybe some french rules allow that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2016 at 6:04 AM, srcooke said:

Can you post a snapshot of the entries where they remain red.

I finally was able to enter call sign but in OFP it appeared as a/c registration number. I had to reinstall PFPX twice to be able to enter the call sign. As suggested above I left Flight window blank otherwise it causes issues. 

Thx 

Archived