Landing in Iceland (BIKF)

mikeglaz

I'm trying to land in Keflavik Interntional Airport (BIKF).  In PFPX and in MCDU1 I noticed there are no STARs available.  I am coming in not aligned with the runway.  I'm including the chart for runway 11, my cockpit view, and MCDU I PERF page.  What am I doing wrong?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The most interesting part of your PFD, the lower left corner, is unfortunately not visible in your screenshot. It shows which ILS frequency the bus has tuned in. Therefore it's hard to tell where the problem is. 

As a start, you should check in the map tool of your P3D if the ILS frequency the simulator sends out, matches the one of the chart and the one the bus tuned in.

We can see enough to conclude that he has not set up the approach in the FMGS.

If no runway is selected the Airbus will for sure not autotune any frequency either.

Did you manually tune any frequency?

Ok, I pieced it together with the information from your responses.  I did not specify the arrival runway and also I found on the MCDU the RAD NAV button and there I entered the frequency and that worked.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived