Frightning T4 / 5

Ecthaelion

Well I suppose with the pylons , and ordnance  I made but couldn't use on the T5  I guess I'd better stick them on a F53 !

:focus_s:  D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, wingman5 said:

It's finalised as far as I'm concerned and now it is with the inner sanctum of Aerosoft being checked over , but Mathijs is away  on buisness and the upcoming symposium, so it will be another week or so ..... At least with all this spare time to myself ^_^ I have been able to create and  include the T4 external.

DR

Please login to display this image.

:wub: Beautiful. What a pleasant surprise. 

A few more screenshots of the T5 and T55 were uploaded to the preview page by Dave on Friday and they're very very VERY nice. Here's the link for those who haven't seen (they're at the bottom of the page).

This one is by far my favourite. Bloody brilliant.

C.

Some clever manipulation going on there :) Guessing one aircraft was on the picture and the others are copied in. It's not at all obvoius to me which ones. I'm guessing the biggest banked one. - Nice

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, WarHorse47 said:

Now, what were you saying...??.   :wacko:

--WH

:rolleyes: I know , that's why I will never give a fixed schedule, , and " not long "  is as accurate ( and meaningless) as I can be ... sorry.

Dave

"What goes on the internet, stays on the internet."  :lol:

No problem with the T4/5, but at least you know there are some of us anxious for its release.  I'm just curious as to why it's delayed.

These things happen, I just wonder why.

Cheers  :D

--WH

9 hours ago, WarHorse47 said:

I'm just curious as to why it's delayed.

These things just take time  !  Models are so complex now , and they need to be checked in three sims  , so when a glitch shows up or something needs to be double checked  , I have to be contacted then I look at it, fix it if necessary,( possibly on all four models)  check it out again and  send it back to Aerosoft who check it again... so  any query might take two or three days back and forth , but there have been no dramas or anything

D

14 minutes ago, WarHorse47 said:

@wingman5.  Thanks for all your work.  I picked it up as soon as it was released.  Just wanted you to know I appreciate all you've done.

--WH

And thank you for letting me know :)  , hope you like it .

Cheers

D

Yes.  I like it a lot.  Had several flights already to get familiar with the systems.

Been through the manual a couple of times.  Still looking for the Nav light switch.  Any hints??  :D

--WH

Can I just say thank you for completing my Lighting collection. I have just completed my first flight in the T5 and it's amazing!!!!

What a collection, thank you for all the hard work that must of gone in to this edition and the other 2 packs as well

I love it too. So much power and so many quirks to overcome to tame this beast. I actually prefer the new cockpit compared to the single seaters. There are simply more of it to look at and interact with, and since I'm not using a headtracker, I find it easier to see over the top on high angles of attack like for instance during slow flight and on the approach ofc  

It's most definitely worth the wait ;) 

quick question though, how do I get the aircraft to be configured in its parked state i.e. Engine blanks fitted in the intakes and the cockpit empty? I know the manual says shift-2 and "cold and dark state" but it only shows the aircraft in the same state that the F3 and F6 would appear, with the blanks leaning against the ground cart. Am I doing something wrong?

C.

9 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

quick question though, how do I get the aircraft to be configured in its parked state i.e. Engine blanks fitted in the intakes and the cockpit empty? I know the manual says shift-2 and "cold and dark state" but it only shows the aircraft in the same state that the F3 and F6 would appear, with the blanks leaning against the ground cart. Am I doing something wrong?

C.

The pilot never leaves the cockpit. He's too keen, you see.....

Dave

10 hours ago, TheCameronPerson said:

C.

If electrical power had been applied prior to selecting cold and dark you will need to press it again to remove the pilot .

D

The Royal Saudi Air Force version in P3D flying over a simulated Riyadh and a couple of the preserved Lightnings at the excellent Jazeera Aviation Museum in Riyadh. A seriously fun and challenging aircraft I am very pleased with it.

I have not got a clue how many time I have been up in the Lightning but it's one of those aircraft that always challenges you.

I am loving the 74SQN T4

• 2 months later...

Wingman5 - As the original thread poster I would like to thank you personally and extend my gratitude not only for the previous Lightning models but for going the extra mile and giving us all this superb rendition of the T4 and 5.

Having enjoyed a past connection with the Lightning (Gutersloh, Binbrook and Bruntingthorpe) your hard work and those of the superb repainters have given me hours of pleasure, pure delight, headaches, confusion, frustration leading to tantrums & foul language, ultimately feelings of complete and utter self disgrace / embarrassment.:)  I have a new found respect for the Air and Ground crews associated with this superb aircraft.

Kind regards,

Ecthaelion. 

P.S. Dare I issue yet another challenge to you Sir?  In all seriousness I can quite imagine you have had quite enough of modelling the Lightning but just in case:

17 hours ago, Ecthaelion said:

Wingman5 - As the original thread poster I would like to thank you personally and extend my gratitude not only for the previous Lightning models but for going the extra mile and giving us all this superb rendition of the T4 and 5.

Having enjoyed a past connection with the Lightning (Gutersloh, Binbrook and Bruntingthorpe) your hard work and those of the superb repainters have given me hours of pleasure, pure delight, headaches, confusion, frustration leading to tantrums & foul language, ultimately feelings of complete and utter self disgrace / embarrassment.:)  I have a new found respect for the Air and Ground crews associated with this superb aircraft

Kind regards,

Ecthaelion. 

P.S. Dare I issue yet another challenge to you Sir?  In all seriousness I can quite imagine you have had quite enough of modelling the Lightning but just in case

Hi Ecthaelion

Glad I could get the blood racing:P , Had a lot of those symptoms myself during the making of it ( come to think of it when I worked on them as well !)

Trouble with the Navy version is .... it was never more than a proposal.

The whole concept of this Lightning project was to produce an accurate representation of the type , and I have measured and photographed every inch to get it as accurate as I can. To create the swing wing means delving into the realms of fantasy which is not what this project was about . Still you never know , I did say I wouldn't do the T5!

Anyway the journey might not yet be over..........................

D

Archived