Simstarter NG + P3d v3.4.9 with fsx compatibility mode wont launch saved flight plan

theskyisthelimit99

I'm trying to configure simstarter NG to launch into compatibility mode (using fsx.exe) for tileproxy.. so i've set it to launch proxyuser.exe and then fsx.exe..

In the profile i've selected an fsxml saved flight (which works fine in other profiles with normal prepar3d.exe launching)..

When you click launch, it opens proxyuser.exe then fsx launches, but it only goes to the default startup area in VA with the jet.. not the saved flight..

Is there some workaround to this to make it work.

If i manually right click, open with, fsx.exe on the saved flight, it naturally works, just not via simstarter..

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance

for now I ran a batch file as below... basically adding it as the exe to launch.. manual process but seems to work:

The key was setting the working directory with /d (if you run simstarter as admin to avoid uac prompts), otherwise things got mixed up.

start ""  /d "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Tileproxy" "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Tileproxy\proxyuser.exe" 
start "" /d "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\" "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsx.exe" "d:\data\my documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\TEST.fxml"

• Developer
On 14.10.2016 at 20:52, theskyisthelimit99 sagte:

[...]

start ""  /d "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Tileproxy" "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Tileproxy\proxyuser.exe" 
start "" /d "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\" "V:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsx.exe" "d:\data\my documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\TEST.fxml"

Why are you using FSX inside P3D? I never saw it before.

On 10/18/2016 at 1:14 PM, Capt. PERO said:

Why are you using FSX inside P3D? I never saw it before.

Its required to run p3d in compatibility mode for tileproxy to work.. so it runs the fsx.exe instance, not the prepar3d.exe instance.. by file system you can right click a saved flight and open with fsx.exe and it launches (or using my batch file).. but with simstarter ng, if i associate on launch fsx.exe to launch instead of prepar3d.exe it just goes to the default flight instead.

• Developer
On 16.10.2016 at 07:22, Capt. PERO sagte:

I am pretty unsure if I got your problem already. Please send me a DebugPack and tell me the profile name that you've used for testing.

This issue is most likely not the same as the one about flyinsidefsx.. which you closed.. 

The issue with flyinsidefsx is different because i believe simstarter NG creates its own cfg/settings file which sets the flight chosen as the "default" on the fly.. the issue is, with flyinsidefsx.. it uses its own version of the cfg file.. in the case of flyinsidefsx its in the %appdata%\roaming\lockheed martin\prepar3d v3 folder called prepar3d_flyinside.cfg

So its my guess, that unless simstarter NG somehow encorporates that file as the config file (a future option maybe), then saved flights wont launch from simstarter when using goggles + flyinsidefsx

• Developer

Okay. NG operates with default files only. Sorry. But you can use a "Fileoperation" to rename the prepar3d.cfg to prepar3d_flyinside.cfg that should work:

1. Use your Simulator ConfigSet as usual
  2. Open RunManager and add a file operation to rename the prepar3d.cfg to prepar3d_flyinside.cfg

But: Things like "Diff Manager" would'nt work any more.

Give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 1:41 AM, Capt. PERO said:

Would I be renaming the prepar3d.cfg in the simstarter area or the one from the roaming folder.. or maybe a copy from one to the other to the other somehow?

I'm assuming the one from the simstarter area, since its modified to include the startup saved flight on the fly.

18 hours ago, theskyisthelimit99 said:

Would I be renaming the prepar3d.cfg in the simstarter area or the one from the roaming folder.. or maybe a copy from one to the other to the other somehow?

I'm assuming the one from the simstarter area, since its modified to include the startup saved flight on the fly.

I made some progress.. the issue i'm running into at least with fsx.exe being launched and compatibility/legacy mode.. is if i select the saved flight fxml file.. it tries to open it in fsx.exe and then it reports the saved flight could not be found.. unsure how to work around this one.. if there was a way to pass in the saved flight full path with extension and use it in the batch file, this would be helpful i think.

• Developer

Better take a copy of the prepar3d.cfg file to the filename that is needed for your simulator.

1) Go to "Run Manager" > Select your RunSet

2) Add  a new Fileoperation > Select "<copy">

3) Set the details:

Source: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\prepar3d.cfg

Destination Path: C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\

Destination Filename:  prepar3d_flyinside.cfg

4) Take care that the file operation is sorted before you start the simulator.

Doublecheck the other files like dll.xml and exe.xml and proceed with them (if needed).

Let me know your progress.

Archived