Still freezing

Dear all,

I've been searching the forum and did everything that was recommended. But I still have freezing problems. During flight, the sim just freezes for 8 minutes and then continues. 

I have reinstalled A318/9 1.31 version from download page taking care of the procedure as advised by Mathijs, I have also reinstalled FSX, updated my graphic card setting, but nothing has solved this. It only happens with this add on.

I have Windows Vista 32, Nvidia 9800GT, my PC isn't new, but it used to work a few years ago (when I had the Extended version).

I really look forward to hear from you.

47 minutes ago, nealmac said:

What CPU are you using? Laptop or Desktop? What other addons do you use? Are you using FSUIPC?

Hi,

Intel Core(TM)2 Quad at 2.66 GHz and 4Gb of RAM. Ive tried to limit FPS to 30 using Nvidia inspector but does not solve aything.

My addons are Opus FSI, FsScene X and Ezdok. I had them when it used to work.

Thanks

47 minutes ago, nealmac said: What CPU are you using? Laptop or Desktop? What other addons do you use? Are you using FSUIPC?

Hi,

Intel Core™2 Quad at 2.66 GHz and 4Gb of RAM. Ive tried to limit FPS to 30 using Nvidia inspector but does not solve aything.

My addons are Opus FSI, FsScene X and Ezdok. I had them when it used to work.

Thanks

2.66 GHz sounds very like you're on a laptop. would this be correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Deputy Sheriffs

I suggest that your PC comes with a 2.66GHz CPU and a 32bit OS simply to its limits and can not make calculations fast enough. That's why the system specs expect at least 3.0GHZ. Disable OPus FSI, FScene and EzDok, as they all need CPU and Memroy, of which you have only 4GB for eveything: OS, FSX and its addons, which menas that maybe only 2GB are left for all of FSX and this is definitely not enough.

Hello,

Maybe it´s worth to check following.

A remark in the manual of Active Sky was the solution for my freezes:

If using FSX or FSX:SE, with modern quad-core (or more) processors, it is very important to use the correct AFFINITYMASK setting. This does not apply to Prepar3D.
FS was originally designed around a single processor and multi-threading optimization was something added late in the game for FSX. There are some inherent problems with this multi-threading optimization within FSX that can result in intermittent temporary freezes.
Also known as the "8-minute freeze", this can occur intermittently during a longer flight. When the freeze occurs, all motion on the simulator stops. Sound may be observed still playing, but the FS program stops responding. Approximately 8 minutes later, the simulator "comes back" and operates normally.

Check your fsx.cfg for entry "Affinitymask". In Internet you will find more information about the right setting for your CPU.

Regards, Wolfgang

3 hours ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Hello,

Maybe it´s worth to check following.

A remark in the manual of Active Sky was the solution for my freezes:

If using FSX or FSX:SE, with modern quad-core (or more) processors, it is very important to use the correct AFFINITYMASK setting. This does not apply to Prepar3D.
FS was originally designed around a single processor and multi-threading optimization was something added late in the game for FSX. There are some inherent problems with this multi-threading optimization within FSX that can result in intermittent temporary freezes.
Also known as the "8-minute freeze", this can occur intermittently during a longer flight. When the freeze occurs, all motion on the simulator stops. Sound may be observed still playing, but the FS program stops responding. Approximately 8 minutes later, the simulator "comes back" and operates normally.

Check your fsx.cfg for entry "Affinitymask". In Internet you will find more information about the right setting for your CPU.

Regards, Wolfgang

It is exactly what you describe when it freezes.

So do you confirm that I have to enter this new line in the fsx.cfg file? From what I found a good setting would be 14 for a Quad core.

I tried without my weather add on, and with the Affinitymask set to 14. It did not change anything ! It froze at gear retraction...

I had a look at the FPS and it's not great. Always below 20. Sometimes it goes as low as 5 FPS, or maybe even lower.

I've deleted fsx.cfg, so that FS can recreate it. I've set AffinityMask=14 and Highmemfix=1. I've downloaded new Realtek Codecs.I have also set admin rights and run as XP SP2 on fsx.exe.

I've done a flight and it seems that the freezes have disappeared. FPS between 12 and 35.

Archived