F-14 & fsuipc

lipy

Hello, ^_^

I have the paid version of FSUIPC (never used, it's new to me) and I desired to use the profile .lua for the F-14 but the program does not find it.

Should I move it to a specific location?

For now,it's in FSX / modules.

My os computer is win 10.

Not sure I understand the question entirely.  But here are a few points:

1.  All the needed FSUIPC files should be in the FSX/Modules folder

2.  The two most important files for the F-14X would be the FSUIPC4.ini file for all the configuration settings and the Aerosoft_F14AB.lua file that has a lot of F-14X specific commands you can reference and use.

3.  "Profiles", when talking FSUIPC, usually refer to "Aircraft Specific Profiles" that is a capability of FSUIPC and can be created in the FSUIPC dialogs in the FSX Add-on menu, or by editing the FSUIPC4.ini file using a text editor.

I've used FSUIPC4 extensively and have set up my own aircraft specific profiles for the F-14X and other airplanes I fly regularly in FSX.  I'd be happy to help.  Pm me if you want more help than a quick question in the forum.

Thanks,

Bucks

Trying to help Lipy, but he uses HOTAS Warthog and TARGET software and I do not.  Does anyone here use those, and can you also assign buttons in FSUIPC using the Aerosoft_F14AB.lua at the same time TARGET is running?  Apparently the TARGET software doesn't provide for assignment of a lot of commands that can be accessed through the .lua file.

EDIT: from what I read, I assume you can use TARGET or program everything in FSUIPC but not both?  If that's true does anyone have a good FSUIPC4.ini with F14X specific profile for HOTAS WH?

Thanks,

Bucks

Hello Lipy,

I'd suggest you follow the example on page 23 of Vol.3 in the manuals. Post back, and let us know if you have any issues from there. You should not have to move any files to get it to work (they are installed in the appropriate directory), just use the FS-UIPC interface.

Best,

John

Hi jcagle,
I will study this part of the manual.^_^
For now, I have the main functions, Bucks Greatly helped me and was very patient with me, thank you to him !!!! :grouprespect_s:
We can say "problem solved.":D

Archived