Lights in Mega Airport Rome

Fardel

Hello Gentlemen

Do you think it is normal that the cone lamplight is facing up? The effects are normally it is just so or am I having problems on my Prepar3Dv3.4?
Thanks for the answers

Paolo

Please login to display this image.

• 4 weeks later...

Mathijs, what do you exactly wanna know with your question? I think we all simply installed the scenery and do have lights in Rome, that are pointing towards the sky instead of the ground...

• 1 month later...

I am also experiencing this issue using P3D, I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as changing settings around without any success :( If you use the HD textures the lighting effect overall seems less noticeable however the upside down light cone issue still persists. Could we just remove the light cone effect by simply deleting/renaming the file and if so where is it located?

Same problem with Tromsoe/ENTC. In that case the culprit seems to be the file Aerosoft_ENTC_Flood_fx.dds in the \Effects\Texture Folder of P3D. Version 3.4. seems to handle some bitmaps different than 3.2 did. There are some hints in the forum to exchange the file with a texture from Oslo. As I do not own it, no solution for me. Seems to be not much of an effort though and would be nice if it would be fixed by the developers. Until then, search a file named similarly (Aerosoft_LIRF_Flood_fx.dds ???) in the mentioned Folder and rename it to .off to remove the awkward effect.

In case of Tromsoe airport I found out that certain changes to the Effect File itself solve the problem. If there is a file called "fx_Aerosoft_Rome_Flood.fx" or similar in your /Effects Folder, you might want to take a look at this thread: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/116170-aerosoft-tromso-entc-apron-lights/

Thanks Tom awesome work!! I found the .fx file for Rome it is called "fx_mkpole.fx" located in: "Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Effects" folder.

The original values I had in the [ParticleAttributes.0] section were: 

uv1=0.00, 0.00
uv2=1.00, 1.00

To flip them so the light effect is the right way I simply changed them to:

uv1=0.00, 0.00
uv2=-1.00, -1.00

I also tried what you detailed in the Tromsoe thread: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/116170-aerosoft-tromso-entc-apron-lights/ which also worked with the light effect positioned a little lower than what I tried.

Thanks again Tom!

Archived