PFPX 1.28 hanging loading AS16 weather

Tonight I had an issue with PFPX I haven't seen before. It started just fine but all of a sudden enroute ESSA-EKCH I noticed how PFPX was hanging with the spinning circle cursor and only option left was to close it by right-clicking the PFPX on the Taskbar and choose close from the menu. First I tried to exit out of PFPX by clicking the X in the upper right corner of PFPX but that didn't work and probably because the cursor was in the shape of the spinning circle rather than the normal arrow.

I tried restarting PFPX after I closed it but the problem pretty much immediately returned.

I'm using the latest version of AS16 and as said in the topic version 1.28 of PFPX.

Hopefully this was a one-time issue but just wanted to ask if someone else has seen this?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Richard,

if this problem still exists for you, or if it happens again, can you please post the AS16 weather file here?

• c:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS16P3D\Weather\current_wx_snapshot.txt

So here we go, same thing happened again and attached is a zip file containing the wx file when this happened.

Another thing I noticed yesterday was how the traffic tab where you can choose to display online traffic was very sluggish when I had Vatsim selected. No idea if this is related in any way or if it's a totally separate issue.

At this point I'm considering going back to 1.26 where I never had any of these issues. Not sure though if I still have that setup file laying around.

current_wx_snapshot.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say I keep having this problem with PFPX not behaving.

I'm not sure but it seems to be when being on the traffic tab showing online Vatsim traffic when this happens. Right now for instance I'm on my way to Nice from Malaga and when I bring up PFPX I have the spinning circle cursor when PFPX is in focus and the only way to get out of this is to close PFPX using Task Manager to end the process. Trying to end PFPX by clicking the X in the upper right corner or even right-clicking PFPX in the Task bar and choose the End option from the menu won't work.

I think unless there is some kind of solution to this around the corner I'll have to revert back to 1.26 because I heavily depend on PFPX when doing my flights and right now it can't be trusted.

Too bad because there were some things in this new version which was really nice such as the much improved startup time.

• 4 months later...

Archived