I have problems with my PFPX: It doesn't care about NATs at all and moreover I can't even see westbound NATs on the map. An eastbound route doesn't work either. I'm attaching a screen depicting the problem. I am doing it the same way I did before, and it did work before. Now, after the update to the latest version it doesn't. Re-installing the PFPX didn't help at all.

EDIT: Now I've noticed that I can't add another aircraft to the aircraft database either. Option to do so is black (meaning you can click it), but when I click it turns grey.

Please login to display this image.

I have a similar problem, using v1.28. Planning a flight from KMIA-EGLL using the Optimized Route, Minimum Fuel Track option to determine a routing. The result is a crazy path which cuts across all the E/B NAT tracks- see screenshot!

If I manually build a route via Track Y, I a get a better result (less time, less fuel) than the result given by PFPX so-called Optimized planner. Something with the route selection/optimization algorithm seems to have gone a bit haywire with this version of PFPX as I didn't have these issues with the prior version.  

Please login to display this image.

11 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I have problems with my PFPX: It doesn't care about NATs at all and moreover I can't even see westbound NATs on the map. An eastbound route doesn't work either. I'm attaching a screen depicting the problem. I am doing it the same way I did before, and it did work before. Now, after the update to the latest version it doesn't. Re-installing the PFPX didn't help at all.

EDIT: Now I've noticed that I can't add another aircraft to the aircraft database either. Option to do so is black (meaning you can click it), but when I click it turns grey.

Regarding the aircraft database some users have found a requirement to install the "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Update 3"

Your east-bound route depicted is unlikely to route via NATS which are much further south, there is no requirement to actually fly NAT routes.

@Dr.Strangelove

I should have added tracks are only available at certain times of the day, westbound 130Z TO 1900Z, eastbound 0100Z TO 0800Z  crossing 30 West.

Westbound tracks were not available at the time of your planning.

17 hours ago, Mklemme said:

I have a similar problem, using v1.28. Planning a flight from KMIA-EGLL using the Optimized Route, Minimum Fuel Track option to determine a routing. The result is a crazy path which cuts across all the E/B NAT tracks- see screenshot!

If I manually build a route via Track Y, I a get a better result (less time, less fuel) than the result given by PFPX so-called Optimized planner. Something with the route selection/optimization algorithm seems to have gone a bit haywire with this version of PFPX as I didn't have these issues with the prior version.  

Looks to be a similar issue with a resolution as posted here although there is one airway linking to SOORY for tonight's track

The lack of suitable directs currently provided may be as a result of changes to NAT route entry/exit points.

7 hours ago, srcooke said:

@Dr.Strangelove

I should have added tracks are only available at certain times of the day, westbound 130Z TO 1900Z, eastbound 0100Z TO 0800Z  crossing 30 West.

Westbound tracks were not available at the time of your planning.

I know that they are only available at certain times, I planned to fly at a different time so I thought that I can set it up for the future, but it doesn't matter still even during proper hours they still don't work.

Also - why can't I add a new plane to the database? How can I fix that?

@Dr.Strangelove

Regarding the aircraft database some users have found a requirement to install the "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Update 3"

Your east-bound route depicted is unlikely to route via NATS which are much further south, there is no requirement to actually fly NAT routes.

I have it installed already.

8 hours ago, srcooke said:

Looks to be a similar issue with a resolution as posted here although there is one airway linking to SOORY for tonight's track

The lack of suitable directs currently provided may be as a result of changes to NAT route entry/exit points.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks, but I don't understand the point about lack of 'suitable directs'. It seems PFPX is generating direct routings (without airways), for example between the various Lat/Lon waypoints in my example (ie CASPR-3570N-4160N-4650N-5240N, etc), so I don't see why it can't generate a direct routing (in the absence of airways) to the entry point for the most optimum NAT and then follow that track. Instead it has created a routing which cuts across all the NATs and which isn't even an optimal routing (I thought maybe I had ticked 'Ignore Tracks' in the route finder but this wasn't the case).

If I understand the resolution in the link you posted, this requires first selecting a NAT and then manually routing between the beginning/end of that NAT and your origin/destination. This seems like a tedious solution, especially as there can be many tracks on a given day (last night there were 8 E/B ones) and to find the optimum one would require a trial and error process on each one to see which is best. I thought this was what PFPX was for! :)

Again, this feature (auto route optimization) seemed to be working fine for me prior to changing to V1.28 so maybe something was changed in that version which is giving these results. I have also noticed on random track routings that PFPX will now more or less generate a route close to the great circle track (eg EDDF-KSFO) even if it is smack into a 100kt headwind rather than deviate from the GC to obtain a more (wind) optimised solution.

Michael.        

10 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I thought that I can set it up for the future, but it doesn't matter still even during proper hours they still don't work.

The tracks are published twice per day, one set for each direction. When at the expiry time the corresponding tracks are removed from the server and hence not available in PFPX either.

8 hours ago, Mklemme said:

Thanks, but I don't understand the point about lack of 'suitable directs'

If you turn the map DCTS on you'll see the directs provided with PFPX, or for Europe added to by myself and David, FRA is 'tedious' but will not work without the direct links.

It may be that with changes to NAT entry/exit, removal of airways etc direct links do not exist.

These are easily created using the airway/waypoint editor and will allow automatic route generation in future planning. As suggested add your own USER database.

Archived