First steps to learn repainting for airbus [Request]

Malzabin

Hey guys,

Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm pretty excited for the upcoming A33X, so I want to get a headstart on repainting. Now obviously the repaint kit for the 33X isn't available yet, but I want to start on the 320 kit so I have some idea of what I am going to be doing.

I looked for some good tutorials on youtube and through the search here on the AS forums. But I didn't really find anything useful (there was one post with alot of pages and I went through a few and most people were posting requests there as opposed to learning how to repaint) -- So I guess I want to start self-learning.

I know I need Photoshop, which I already have.

And I've seen people talking about using DXT as a converter (I'm assuming as a last step to convert to a readable format) -- Do I understand this correctly?

I am also assuming, this is the DXT converter I need http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm -- Can someone confirm this?

Rest of the steps from the posts I read is just basically trial and error?

Also, does anyone know if I can use one of Holgi's liveries for the A320 as a template and play around with it? If so, do I just copy the folders and use the files? (For my own personal use only ofcourse)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

3 minutes ago, Davetunes said:

I think I'll make a video detailing how I do it sometime. Maybe today is the day I'll do it.

3 minutes ago, Davetunes said:

I think I'll make a video detailing how I do it sometime. Maybe today is the day I'll do it.

That would be awesome:D

47 minutes ago, Malzabin said:

That would be awesome:D

Just shot a quick video covering the basics. Should be live on youtube in the next few minutes. I'll link it once it's ready to be viewied in all of it's 1080p 60FPS glory

• 4 weeks later...

Dave, Fantastic video. I have often wondered about repaints and how difficult. You very easy to follow video will make me have a go at some mods. Be great if you could do a start from scratch video series...total repaint of a A320 to some thing you have found a JPEG picture of. I can then have a go at updating my aircraft where required.

• 3 months later...
On 1/10/2016 at 3:15 PM, Davetunes said:

Just shot a quick video covering the basics. Should be live on youtube in the next few minutes. I'll link it once it's ready to be viewied in all of it's 1080p 60FPS glory

Hi Dave, I saw your video and I have to say it helped me a lot. Thanks very much for that.

I just wanted to ask you, could you please make another one covering the end of the repaint? I'm still researching how to get that reflection effect every Aerosoft repaint has, lol.

Thanks, cheers!

Archived