12 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Have you installed the "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Update 3" according to this description?

i did again now...

uninstall, reboot

install both but one not install because i dont run 64

reboot and try again ...but not working

i start it but in task manager it close after 1 or 2 seconds 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

In this case there is nothing we can do here on the forum.

Please contact FlightSimSoft directly via their website and raise a ticket with them.

Hello to all,

I can confirm that this hotfix worked partially, but now everytime i go to the "browser" tab in PFPX v1.28.4, (this occurs with both v1.28 and v1.28.4) it crashes after a 5 second period load up.

I followed instructions according to the following links, to no avail:

Is somebody experiencing the same behaviour? PFPX crashes after 5 seconds upon clicking the Browser tab.

Cheers and Thanks, Diego

6 minutes ago, Captain-Diego said:

Is somebody experiencing the same behaviour? PFPX crashes after 5 seconds upon clicking the Browser tab.

Cheers and Thanks, Diego

I cannot reproduce that here Diego.

Had you set your own links in the PFPX browser tabs ?

Have you tried changing your default system browser.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks in advance for looking into this issue

No, i did not have any own links.

My default system browser is Mozilla Firefox. i will cross-check if i have the latest update (normally i do, but just to be sure.)

I'll report back.

Cheers and thanks, Diego

Hi Stephen,

Sadly, updating Firefox to the latest version (v49.0.1) did not resolve this issue.

I also tested with the previous version of PFPX (v1.27) and also there, as soon as you hit the Browser tab, it salutes with the same error as before.

Did not had this issue in v1.26, so i assume something has been altered or changed in the updates after...

EDIT: i went back to v1.26, and also here, this issue is present..... :huh: Weird...

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Cheers, Diego

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Diego,

the difference is as far as I know some changes in the linked libraries PFPX uses in it's newer versions. Have you really followed the instructions in my post to update the the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages to the point?

Hi Tom,

as a matter of fact, i followed them to the letter.

I went even further, and i might have overstepped a tiny thing, asked previously by Stephen. (Maybe answered it too quickly without proper testing)

I checked in Public\Documents\PFPX Data the files Browser.xml and DefaultBrowser.xml

I might have added after all some links (ex. http://blackswan.ch/wordpress/?page_id=73 for NAT Profiles etc) to it.

If i move both files out of the PFPX Data folder, no crash. (but then the browser is empty) If one of them both is moved back, then the crash occurs. I'm afraid of the only solution that can cure this problem...

Is there a way to "reset" to default these 2 files? I smell that this might cure my issue...

Thanks again so much for your support.

Cheers, Diego

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your help. I might have found out what the issue was here...

Hi all,

just a random suggestion: (it sounds weird, but just follow me here...)

Once PFPX is open, and as you click the Browser TAB, the browser first loads up the website http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pfpx/news

As verified in Mozilla, this website is either down or does not exist. Therefore, PFPX cannot load it and voila, CTD...

Therefore, if you take for homepage any other site, let's say http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pfpx it loads up fine and does not crash.

The solution for me here was the following:

Go to Public\Documents\PFPX Data, rightclick Browser.xml and DefaultBrowser.xml, modify the first link on top as described previously and all loads up fine and stays alive.

(in short: just erase the /news part from the flightsimsoft homepage, somehow this caused PFPX v1.28.4 in my case to crash) See Screenshot attached.

Be sure to have applied Update v 1.28 first and also the Hotfix available on this Forum. This worked for me, it MAY work for you.

Cheers, Diego

Please login to display this image.

10 hours ago, replica17 said:

Okay,, I tried everything.

Uninstalled all parts of PFPX, c++ 2015.

Reinstalled like in the instruction.. same problem.. cant click new aircraft...

Specifically c++ 2015 UPDATE 3 which has resolved the issue for most users ?

On 10/13/2016 at 3:36 AM, replica17 said:

I took it from the link here, so yes.

Depending on just when you downloaded the VC_REDIST the link had been updated.

Ensure you have uninstalled any C++ 2015 redistibutable and replaced it with:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3

I can confirm the XP issue.

PFPX updated from 1.2.3 to 1.2.8. Then 1.2.8.4 update applied.  Visual C++ Redistributable Update 3 installed => Result: PFPX will not launch.

EDIT: Is there any way to unlink my XP computer (without launching PFPX) so I could install PFPX on my Win10 computer?

I had the same issues, namely random crashing (especially when entering the route planning window) and I also was not able to add new aircraft to the database.

Then I had an idea. What if pfpx is installed on a machine without the necessary visual c++ redistributables? The pfpx-installer installs them for you. So if pfpx is installed with the c++ version it has been programmed on, everything should work fine.

And it does! :-)

So here's what I have done:

1. deinstall pfpx

2. deinstall microsoft visual c++ 2015 redistributable x86 and x64

3. restart

4. install pfpx

5. apply the hotfix 1.28.4

6. restart

7. enjoy a pfpx without crashes

I hope this might help others as well.

btw, this applys to windows10, I don't know, if it works with Win XP as well, but I do believe, it's worth a shot.

• Deputy Sheriffs
21 minutes ago, Feivel186 said:

I hope this might help others as well.

Thanks for your feedback.

By doing so, you will get the second latest version of the redistributables installed. 

The latest version (Update 3, which is not included in the PFPX installer at the moment) does fix most of the problems. For instructions how to get and install that version properly see posts #10, #25 or #28 of this topic.

It seems that there are still problems with Windows XP. They should be directly reported to FlightSimSoft as also stated already earlier in this topic (post #27).

I did all that.

Unfortunately the update 3 of the C++ 2015 redistributable (Version no. 14.0.24123) did NOT solve the crashes and aircraft database problems on my computer. Also all the other solutions from this thread didn't help.

That's why I came up with the idea to use the C++2015 version that comes with the pfpx-installer (14.0.23026), even if it is not the latest version. And it does work. The only downside with my solution is that maybe other programs depending on those libraries may have issues now. But so far everything works fine.

Hi gents,

I'm following this forum since I've updated from v1.23 to v1.28.4

My question is: "quick find route" option/button simply disappeared when planning a flight. I have to select "find" option from the dropdown menu in the route section of the planning.

Is that normal? I mean, cannot find any mention of this change in the change log (1.23 to 1.28).

Thanks in advance for replying.

Cheers,

Max

• Deputy Sheriffs

The order of the "quick" buttons has changed.

Before 1.28 it was "find route" and then "find alternates". Now it's the other way around. 

So just let PFPX search for alternates and then you will have the "quick find route" button.

29 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

The order of the "quick" buttons has changed.

Before 1.28 it was "find route" and then "find alternates". Now it's the other way around. 

So just let PFPX search for alternates and then you will have the "quick find route" button.

Thank you so much Tom. I really didn't notice that, go figure.

Cheers,

On 28/09/2016 at 2:54 PM, DayWalker said:

The following actions have helped:
1. Removal of PFPX.
2. Important. Removal of all "tails" of PFPX.
3. Removal "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015".
4. Restart PC.
5. Installation "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Update 3"
6. Restart PC.
7. Installation "PFPX 1.28". Important. Not to start PFPX.
8. Installation "Hotfix 1.28.4".

Well I followed this 100% correctly and it did not work.  Program will still not start with XP.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This still might be connected with the vcredist package. Please repeat steps 1-4. Then install PFPX again and let it install the vcredit packages it comes with.

If this also doesn't help please head over to FlightStimSoft and open a support ticket with them directly:

Hello,

Appologies if this case is different, but my opinion is that it is related to v1.28 and the hotfix v1.28.4

I always export/"print" my flightplans to PDF, and never had an issue, untill after update to above mentioned versions. (from v1.26 to v1.27 to v1.28 + hotfix v1.28.4)

This is how the first page of the PDF (and only the first page) looks like. (See screenshot below this messagr) The rest of the document does not have this issue.

Somebody has the same issue? Did someone manage to fix this? It's annoying that the cover page now looks so ugly with these 2 thin stripes on it....

Cheers and Thanks in advance, Diego

Please login to display this image.

Archived