PFPX Hotfix 1.28.4.zipHello,

The hotfix solves the following issues:

- fixed Windows XP issues

- fixed issues adding new aircraft types

Note: this is not a full installer, but a replacement of the original PFPX.exe file. Unzip the file and place it into the following directory:

c:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\

Best regards,

PFPX Hotfix 1.28.4.zip

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, FlightSimSoft.com said:

PFPX Hotfix 1.28.4.zipHello,

The hotfix solves the following issues:

- fixed Windows XP issues

- fixed issues adding new aircraft types

Note: this is not a full installer, but a replacement of the original PFPX.exe file. Unzip the file and place it into the following directory:

c:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\

Best regards,

PFPX Hotfix 1.28.4.zip

For your info, here is my answer to PFPX development team so all concerned members are kept aware:

I am afraid that this new version doesn’t solve any problem.

I have replaced the current V1.260 (running OK) with V 1.284 and program just doesn’t start.

Moreover, there is no error message present neither in the Windows XP Application log nor in the System log.

New version 1.284 is maybe aimed to replace the “non working” version 1.280 (which I didn’t install, of course, because announced as not compatible with XP OS).

Could you clarify? Is it necessary to first install version 1.280 before replacing the main program?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

George.

• Deputy Sheriffs
7 hours ago, Dogedy said:

Could you clarify? Is it necessary to first install version 1.280 before replacing the main program?

Yes of course. This is a hotfix for version 1.28 and not for 1.26.

same here, problem still persisting after hotfix is applied. I'm considering demanding a refund on my server subscription. This problem has been ongoing for 2 months now with no solution in sight...

vor 5 Stunden , sidstar sagte:

Deinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and install the newest version here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840.

It works fine!

Finally!

One can only wonder why it took a user to find the solution and why this problem hadn't been solved this easy way by the developers 2 months ago.. much easier than these hotfixes which didn't work anyway...

Customer support would now call on them to make it public somewhere!

The following actions have helped:
1. Removal of PFPX.
2. Important. Removal of all "tails" of PFPX.
3. Removal "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015".
4. Restart PC.
5. Installation "Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Update 3"
6. Restart PC.
7. Installation "PFPX 1.28". Important. Not to start PFPX.
8. Installation "Hotfix 1.28.4".

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, tupues said:

One can only wonder why it took a user to find the solution and why this problem hadn't been solved this easy way by the developers 2 months ago.. much easier than these hotfixes which didn't work anyway...

The problem obviously resided in some external components being provided by Microsoft. 

I for myself am not on the latest version of that external component and never had this problem! 

So the problem is not only in an external component but also obviously depends on other side effects depending on the current machine. 

So it is even further outside of PFPX. The fact that the fix comes from Microsoft and not from FlightSimSoft says it all, doesn't it? 

I didn't had the impression that FlightSimSoft was able to reproduce the problem. And even if, they wouldn't have been able to fix it. 

Complaining afterwards that a complex problem needed 2 month to be fixed and that in the end it was just a simple hotfix totally ignores the complexity of nowadays world. And of course it is a simple hotfix at the end, what else should it be? 

I am always sort of impressed by people who claim to have a complex hobby which resides in a complex environment but refuse to accept that a complex environment might also host complex problems. 

For the 2 month of not being able to use PFPX fully you should get in touch with FlightSimSoft via their website. I am sure they will find a solution for this. 

Since I installed 1.28 and 1.28.4 I can no longer use the Route Editor to create new routes for my flightplans.

I input the FROM and TO and when I press the "FIND" or the Little Down Arrow button PFPX crash with the 1 of the 2 following errors.

Using Windows 10 1607 Build 14393.222

NVidia GTX 1080, Dirvers 372.90

Most often:

Description
Faulting Application Path:    E:\Aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    PFPX.exe
Application Version:    1.2.8.4
Application Timestamp:    57ea9a39
Fault Module Name:    PFPX.exe
Fault Module Version:    1.2.8.4
Fault Module Timestamp:    57ea9a39
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0026f018
OS Version:    10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    7177
Additional Information 1:    2beb
Additional Information 2:    2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3:    ce1b
Additional Information 4:    ce1be3e9c1d9f22c886a685e740f3632

Occasionally:

Description
Faulting Application Path:    E:\Aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    PFPX.exe
Application Version:    1.2.8.4
Application Timestamp:    57ea9a39
Fault Module Name:    nvoglv32.DLL
Fault Module Version:    21.21.13.7290
Fault Module Timestamp:    57dc6faa
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    00a94106
OS Version:    10.0.14393.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:    7177
Additional Information 1:    2beb
Additional Information 2:    2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3:    55d9
Additional Information 4:    55d99967bb17a659275eb2be623dc2da

• Deputy Sheriffs

In your shop account you will find two different installers, a full installer and an update installer.

If you have PFPX already installed you can use the update installer. If you don't have PFPX installed you need to use the full installer.

I am always using the update installer which until now never failed to me. Others are uninstalling PFPX first and use the full installer then. It's something like a personal taste if you will.

The update does not fix the Windows XP issue either.  I did a full install of 1.28 and copied over the patch but now PFPX does not start, same problem as before.  I also updated the C++ 2015 as suggested. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, blackbeast said:

but doesn't work...doesn't start on xp

Can you please check your Windows Event Log for any entries written by PFPX (eventvwr.exe, Windows Logs, Application) ?

i do just now after cleaning error to be sure, and i start again, nothing appears on event viewer :

Application, security system

my last version was 1.23 if i remember and it works fine until update to 1.28 after that i uninstall it completly and i do a full install

but same problem i also install you hot fix, thaht the last thing i do, but always same prob, doesn't start

Archived