Annual poll on platform

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

What is your standard simulator  

1727 members have voted

1. 1. What is the flight simulator you mainly use (multiple answers possible)

• FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • FS2004
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
  2. 2. Do you think you will be switching platforms in the next 6 months?

• Yes, to FSX
    • Yes, to P3D V3
    • Yes, to X-Plane 10
    • Yes to another Flight Simulator
    • Nope, happy as a clam with my current platform.
    • Yes to X-Plane 11

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mis inicios fueron con el Flight Simulator 98, desde mediados de los 90, el Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 y el Microsoft Flight  Simulator X Profesional Edition junto con Microsoft Flight Simulator X ACCELERATION Expansión Pack, desde hace un año que adquirí el Prepar3D 2.x y mas recientemente lo he actualizado a la v3.3.5. No se lo que están esperando "El personal" para pasarse a P3D una maravilla.

I started the FSX a few years ago. I invested many hours (and money) in this programm and sometimes it makes me very sad. But currently the FSX works very fine and I´m happy with this. :D

In June I read a lot about P3D V3...it sounds very nice, but I´m very busy at the moment. :(

I hope I can start a new try next year. :) 

As a long time user of MFS (Microsoft Flight Sim) till FSX I was happy but, when P3D showed a vast eye candy and OOM improvement it was a no brainier to switch.

With that being said, a Rig of substantial capacity must be utilized to obtain optimum results.

I like many others in our hobby must continue to stress to the flying community (real and simulated) the need for a simulator of commensurate magnitude with the hardware available. 

I have a B737 home cockpit based on FSX accel.

No plans to move. 

So many sceneries and addons.

It's true that FSX will not update anymore but at least I have a stable system and a joy to fly with my home cockpit after years of 50% tweaking and 50% flying.

Now it's 100% flying and no more tweaking.

P3D is in continuos update as I see. Just curious you P3D users: How much of time you dedicate to updating, tweaking and solving issues vs flying?

vor 19 Minuten, garel75 sagte:

P3D is in continuos update as I see. Just curious you P3D users: How much of time you dedicate to updating, tweaking and solving issues vs flying?

Updating Prepar3d was a major pain during the 2-series indeed. However, this is history now, normally it's just uninstalling the client and installing the new one, occasionally the same for contents. 15 min every three months.  And perhaps a couple of hours following the fora if there are any issues in advance. For this effort I get a continually improved system which I appreciate very much.

Besides, if you want to do Prepar3d a favor, do NOT tweak it. There are a few minor tweaks you can try, but I got rid of nearly all tweaks over time. And if you are not into tweaking, just run it out of the (virtual) box - it does great.

To give you a definite answer: I think maintenance:flying is around 25:75 for me. Consider, I do some addon beta testing naturally contributing to the maintenance department, which is my own fault.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm using P3D V.3.4.
The results are very good and most importantly L. M. continues to evolve the simulator, something impossible with FSX.
It would be possible to know whether aerosoft is preparing an update to Barajas airport and Barcelona to P3D?
Thank you

FS9 user here

To be honest I only looked at the forum because I recently purchased Frankfurt V2.THANK YOU :-)

I know there are not many FS9 votes but I wonder if that many FS9 users hang around here anymore due to the fact there are virtually no Aerosoft releases for the platform now and I guess Frankfurt was probably the last.

1 hour ago, Fercas said:

I'm using P3D V.3.4.
The results are very good and most importantly L. M. continues to evolve the simulator, something impossible with FSX.
It would be possible to know whether aerosoft is preparing an update to Barajas airport and Barcelona to P3D?
Thank you

I think Latin VFR is making a new Barajas which probably will be compatible with P3D. Don't know about BCN.

I recently changed to FSX:SE because it was on sale...I bought it ages ago but only started using it when I rebuilt my pc. The main reason for the change was the improvments made to the memory usage, reducing OOM errors.

I haven't found an addon that doesn't work yet which is amazing, and love the Aerosoft products especially the Airbus range.

FSX is still brilliant. Tried Steam but insufficient advantage. Just purchased P3Dv3.4 after giving it time to develop and after watching Rob Ainsclough's videos on utube which show its potential.

Happy with FSX and FSX-SE, I have a lot of add-ons invested in it.

I have X-Plane but only default GA aircraft which, despite X-Plane claims, do not handle like the real thing IMO.

Although lots of simmers have moved to P3D there is no guarantee that LM (or MS) will not at some point enforce the EULA which prohibits its use as an "entertainment" sim.

Archived