Annual poll on platform

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

What is your standard simulator  

1727 members have voted

1. 1. What is the flight simulator you mainly use (multiple answers possible)

• FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • FS2004
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
  2. 2. Do you think you will be switching platforms in the next 6 months?

• Yes, to FSX
    • Yes, to P3D V3
    • Yes, to X-Plane 10
    • Yes to another Flight Simulator
    • Nope, happy as a clam with my current platform.
    • Yes to X-Plane 11

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using FSX Acceleration.  Currently I am trying FSX Steam as an alternative, but I am really not seeing any quantifiable improvement.  No plans to change to another simulator as the costs are too great.  The benefits of using an older platform is that I am not constantly staring at the horizon to see what is about to pop over and then feel I must upgrade.

FSX may not be perfect, but it is good enough for me, especially whilst excellent addons continue to be developed.

On 22.9.2016 at 12:45, Mathijs Kok sagte:

This time of year we like to ask people what kind of Flight Simulator they use or what they think they will be using soon. As always there are three downloads availble for lucky people who will be picked at random in 10 days time.

Oh and feel free to make a comment. I can only pick from the people who entered if I see a post, lol.

Voted! :-)

I will likely be "moving to another Flight Simulator" that wasn't available in the list: Dovetail Games Flight Simulator.

Whilst Aerosoft have very fair pricing policies as regards P3D other developers do not (or even don't support it at all) which means I will be sticking with FSX until DTG comes out, because if I stomached the costs of going to P3D I rekon I'd only get 12 months of usage. If DTG's sim is decent, and especially if it gets to 64 bit before P3D, expect to see P3D fizzle out of favour fairly quickly.

Moved from FSX Box to FSX:SE a while back and got a much more stable sim. All my addons make FSX:SE feel and look good enough for me on my old PC. Never tried P3D due to cost, and unlikely to in future so long as it's £200, and XPlane just didn't feel immersive enough for me when I trialled it. Never say never but FSX:SE works for me for now and I've not been persuaded that the costs of changing are justified. 

Now you have the answers Mr Aerosoft,what is your opinion of where flight simming is going,and if I may be so bold as to ask what will you do with this information,especially when DTG 64 bit and maybe a 64 bit vers of P3d is just around the corner,I am very disappointed with LM silence on whether a 64 bit vers of P3d will become available,especially when as far as I can see they have absolutely no competition in military training sims on the horizon!,so why the secrecy,after all they have used the flight simmers as unpaid beta testers for a long time,I suppose force of habit as they live in the world where every thing is secret  

Archived