Annual poll on platform

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

What is your standard simulator  

1727 members have voted

1. 1. What is the flight simulator you mainly use (multiple answers possible)

• FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • FS2004
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
  2. 2. Do you think you will be switching platforms in the next 6 months?

• Yes, to FSX
    • Yes, to P3D V3
    • Yes, to X-Plane 10
    • Yes to another Flight Simulator
    • Nope, happy as a clam with my current platform.
    • Yes to X-Plane 11

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To quote the old saying " if it ain't broke don't try to fix" I run FSX SP2 with Dx10 fixer. It runs smooth and rarely get an oom. No need to upgrade unless a 64 bit sim appears with a converter that will run all my add ons 

vor 12 Stunden , pmb sagte:

Just a funny observation: While fora are full of complaints about low fps, OOMs, stuttering, missing AI traffic and bad weather depiction (make a choice for the sim you use) we only meet happy users of their corresponding simulators here.

Indeed a very funny but true observation.

But this can't happen to me ;), I'm still one of these FS2004 dinosaurs. Why? Just one reason: SCS' Tu-134. And perhaps another: more than 3,200 EUR spent for add-ons until today; I still regularly buy new offers for FS2004.

However, I could imagine to change to either a 64bit version of P3D or a future X-Plane version with better ATC and AI aircraft if I can fly a decent Tu-134 with these simulators.

Regards,

Harald Geyer

Happy camper here with P3Dv3.4. However, I recently purchased X-Plane and the IXEG 737 and I must say I'm really impressed. X-Plane is much better than I thought. Looking forward to X-Plane 11.

I am a very happy FS2004 user. FS2004 has a lot of potential that can be exploitet (e.g. complex GA addons (Cessnas for examples) with really fluid VC gauges). The actual sceneries are astonishingly great.

I invested a lot in software and hardware addons for FS2004 - so i definitely stay with it and hope to see new payware for it.

4 hours ago, S_D said:

It seems that I'm now in the majority, with P3Dv3. I wonder when P3D overtook FSX as the most popular platform?

well, i don't really think it has done that yet. keep in mind that this is a self-selecting poll and is a snapshot of interested/motivated aerosoft customers more than the overall picture.

for example, the poll currently shows 112 fsx:steam users and 151 x-plane users. but if you look on the steam statistics page, steam version has 69,607 users in the last two weeks and x-plane has around 5,517. 

i would be extremely surprised if p3d has anything near those numbers yet in terms of user counts. i do think it is certainly becoming the favorite of 'serious' simmers though, which probably includes the type of folks who would be perusing the aerosoft forums :)  

personally i'm on fsx:steam version until i can afford a massive hardware upgrade then i will consider p3d or possibly whatever dtg is offering down the road.

cheers!

-andy crosby

Ok I guess I better specify my opinion on switching to a new simulator. I do not plan to change from FSX Steam to any other simulator unless it's 64 bit, which is what Dovetail is planning. Whether I actually plan on fully switching to that depends on how the community's response to it. If it's not the new Dovetail sim or P3D stays 32 bit, I might stay with FSX Steam for a long time

Archived