Annual poll on platform

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

What is your standard simulator  

1727 members have voted

1. 1. What is the flight simulator you mainly use (multiple answers possible)

• FSX:SP2
    • FSX:STEAM
    • FS2004
    • P3D V2
    • P3D V3
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
  2. 2. Do you think you will be switching platforms in the next 6 months?

• Yes, to FSX
    • Yes, to P3D V3
    • Yes, to X-Plane 10
    • Yes to another Flight Simulator
    • Nope, happy as a clam with my current platform.
    • Yes to X-Plane 11

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use P3D v3.x and own X-Plane 10 but no longer use it. I will however be giving X-Plane 11 a try when it is released and hope that Laminar Research raise the bar with their scenery, as the flight dynamics still beats everything else IMO.

Dovetail Flight Simulator might be worth a consideration, but it depends on the add-ons. I will need the add-on developers to switch to it, before I can adopt the simulator. Without add-ons, that simulator is worthless for me.

20 minutes ago, thumbliner said:

Dovetail Flight Simulator might be worth a consideration, but it depends on the add-ons. I will need the add-on developers to switch to it, before I can adopt the simulator. Without add-ons, that simulator is worthless for me.

Considering that nobody barely talks about DFS... I suppose it's quite ignored by developers

I've stayed at FSX for a long time because of all the addons that wouldn't work with P3D, I feared. Then I've used FSX and P3D v2 alongside which was awful because none of them was satisfying anymore - FSX because of the bugs and lower graphics, and P3D v2 because of massive OOM problems (even a lot more than in FSX).

Then came P3D v3. And that sent all other sim platforms to the boneyard. I'm only using P3D v3 now and I'm very happy with it. I would even say it's the best FS platform I've ever had - even better than FS9 back then at its time. 

Cheers, Dominik

Still running FSX + Accel. I would consider changing to P3D, but I am not sure if all of my "fleet" is compatible, due to their many ongoing updates. Also, LM have not officially cleared this for entertainment use.

If they clarified this, I am sure there would be a massive change to P3D. At the moment, I'm OK with my old boxed FSX + Accel.

Regards to all.

Started Flightsimming in june by buying FSX SE which I will stay with until some real improvement arrives. Have filled Europé with payware Airports, scenery, texture, mesh addons  and highclass freeware Airports, must mention f.e Kassel here. Also a few freeware airplanes and liverys. Everything works fine (well almost) since I upgraded to a powerful gaming computer.

I switched from FSX SP2 to P3Dv3. That was the best thing I could do. P3D has a better RAM management and way better graphics. That unsupported and old FSX need to be retired I think.

Currently staying with FSX:SP2 and FSX:Steam.

Will keep an eye about P3D V3 and its updates, but not considering transition at this time.

27 minutes ago, FeAir01 said:

still on FSX acceleration, thinking about a move to P3D, but with a move I have to buy all my PMDG Products a second time... 

That's the issue! If I switched to P3D, I'll have to pay again for the PMDGs I have already bought for FSX.\

Archived