Wilco Falcon 7X V1.4 Review

crash

I'm extremely interested in purchasing this aircraft.  I have read about a lot of issues with this aircraft and was hoping someone could do a complete test flight for FSX/Accel since the new 1.4 version was just released.   Thanks for your time, Crash.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, searching the web you'll find a lot of comments/reviews/videos about this addon.

Personally this "feature": FMC (Flight Management Computer) based on FS flight planner and GPS IMHO doesn't fit to the pricing. ;)

My honest advice would be not to buy it, it's not worth it. There were days when Wilco/Feelthere stood for quality, but those days have long passed. Today they only make crap.

I really hate to hear that.  Since Gulfstream does not allow anyone to use their aircraft for FS these kind of planes are very limited.  I have the Carenado Phenom 300 which is brilliant, but was hoping for something with more range.  The Falcon 7X looked to be the next best thing.  Really disappointed the reviews are so bad on the Wilco version. 

It's just the exterior model that's old and outdated, but the cockpit has been completely redone for this version. A lot more advanced. I guess they didn't upgrade the exterior model to keep compatibility with existing liveries.

• Aerosoft
On 9/9/2016 at 9:39 AM, mopperle said:

Well, searching the web you'll find a lot of comments/reviews/videos about this addon.

Personally this "feature": FMC (Flight Management Computer) based on FS flight planner and GPS IMHO doesn't fit to the pricing. ;)

We also surprised by the pricing because of this. You can fly this aircraft realistically manually, but automated flight is seriously restricted. 

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell Aerosoft what to sell but why throwing your good name away by selling this incomplete plane (Not tested buy real life pilots and young programmers with no flight experience)

Yes advanced gauges are simulated but simple things are not working or are incorrect
1. VOR2 incorrect indication to beacon with no DME
2. True North and Mag North are the same value when airborne. Due to this the Course of the ILS
shows incorrect about 30 degrees out.
3. No GS holding on ILS with autopilot on APP
4. Landing lights are not working and the Pulse of the landing lights are not simulated.
5. ADF direction incorrect showing not to the beacon.
6. No callouts of altitude on finals.
7. Not following the waypoints in the flightplan and AIRAC data incorrect or incomplete.
8. No option to adjust the brightness of the HUD in day time makes it unusable.

9. The sound recorder was not near a Falcon 7x (A default mixed awful unrealistic sound)

These above points were send to support more than 4 times with an answer that the things are working on their side or they don't understand what I am saying.

Read this "http://www.avsim.com/topic/488788-wilco-falcon-7x/" before you buy.

Version 1.5 more bugs than V1.4 (How is this possible?)

1. Frame rates down from version 1.4
2. VOR2 still indicating the wrong direction with no DME
3. ADF still incorrect direction indicating.
4. Pulse landing lights not working.
5. When changing the course the course indicator keeps on changing course by it self continuously to different values. (In a loop changing the course value)
6. Landing lights working at night but not at day, In day time there are holes for the lights that one can see through see the clouds through the light holes.
7. GS holding incorrect no descend on the GS but aircraft is climbing.
8. The PDU gauge's info on the top are cut off.
9. Strange 2 x white lights on the tail.
10. The True North and the Mag North indicate the same value when airborne making the indicated Mag North value out with about 30 degrees.

11. No callouts of altitude on finals.

12. Not following the waypoints in the flightplan and AIRAC data incorrect or incomplete.
13. No option to adjust the brightness of the HUD in day time makes it unusable.

14. The sound recorder was not near a Falcon 7x (A default mixed awful unrealistic sound)

A pilot friend visited and here are his comments:

"My comments are based as a real time pilot for 40 years and a Flight Simmer since it’s inception more than 25 years ago.

After flying the Falcon launched by Wilco my observations are as follows:

·       Of all the aircraft I fly (more than 150) the Falcon’s frame rate is the slowest/extremely intensive and takes up a lot of memory and performance.

·       Not able to fly aircraft i t o IFR as the NAV system is not working properly. VOR instrument indication erratic and is sometimes totally displaced in relation to the ground beacon. Tested it at different airports.

·       ILS glide slope active during approach but no localiser indication on the same instrument visible.

·       Aircraft acceleration on full power is totally wrong as it is to slow. You will run out of runway on most density altitudes of above 5000’.

·       N1 and N2 power on engine rotations do not develop full power. Cannot really fly like this.

·       Engine spool up is far to slow and will cause a crash on go around at 200’ with full load.

·       No reverse thrust indication ligths on engine instrument panel.

·       Cockpit to dark and panel and overhead panel lights do not work during day light.

·       Cockpit/instrumentation graphics unrealistic. Some of Wilco’s 2004 aircraft’s instrumentation design’s are far more photo realistic than this product. Can take some tips from PMDG, Alabeo and others.

·       Landing lights incorrectly placed on tail plane instead of leading edge of main wing.

·       Rotating beacon displaced on top engine intake of no 2 engine instead of on fuselage.

·       Engine sound is a computerised version and does not resemble the real engine sounds.

It is clear that this aircraft should not have been launched yet and that the designers shows a lack of pilot background and experience.

What a shame."

Wilco confirms an unrealistic airplane

Support answers:

"As already said, confirmed bugs will be fixed. But the fact that this product has been done under an official Dassault Aviation license, it doesn't mean that we are trying to make a high-end simulation of the Falcon 7X"

Why are you selling this piece of crap?

I made the purchase for FSX and though it is priced a little high for its current state imo, I'm really enjoying this plane and have no problem going from/to any airport.  I would like to see some fixes but it appears as they went from v1.0 to v1.5, It does show they are at least working to try to improve it.  As is of now if they never put out another update, I can live with the current state.  crash

• Deputy Sheriffs

I see you made your decision. Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived