v2.02 Reloaded

jcagle

Hello All,

Our apologies, but there was a mix-up with the v2.02 installer and only about half of the new features made it into the build.

There is now a new (definitive) v2.02 install in the Aerosoft shop. One particular item of note a more authentic set of base textures and night lightning improvements by Patrick (KDFW).

Best,

John

• jcagle pinned this topic

I posted in another thread as well, but when I go there it says download "Current DVD Version 2.0" install in the Aerosoft shop. Is this the v2.02 installer or not? I am having trouble telling. Thanks.

Hi John/Mathijs,

Can anyone tell us how to definitively determine what version of F-14 Extended we have downloaded/are downloading/are using? John stated above that a new installer is in the Aerosoft Shop, but I have re-downloaded several times, and it appears that either:
A ) that information is accurate,  or
B ) the information is accurate, but the installer version does not reflect same.

From my latest download attempt from the Aerosoft Shop and installation:

Download links (Fullversion):
Aerosoft - F-14 X (2.02) 
(AS_F-14-EXTENDED_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM.zip - 02.09.2016 08:09:00 | 1,014 MB)

Expanded executable:
AS_F-14-EXTENDED_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V202.exe

Product.cfg:
Version=0201

Readme.txt:
HISTORY
1.00     Download release
2.01    Extended  Version

So again, this may be a gigantic misunderstanding and we are all just confused. :-) But can someone tell us 'if you have this file', or 'if this file is dated such', then you have the latest version (regardless of what the product.cfg or readme.txt says)'.

Thanks! And we do appreciate everything all of you do for the community!

~Matt

On 16/9/2016 at 1:54 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will check on this.

Hi,

Thank you. At this time this new updated version is not yet updated at the Fspilotshop...Please, could you have a look to that too (if it is up to you of course) ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richard Portier

I own the box version. If I go to support, and select the product and enter serial number, it lets me download but says "current version 2.0"... has it not been updated there?

Hmm cannot edit. I downloaded anyway, and file inside says: AS_F-14-EXTENDED_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V201.exe

Does that mean it-s in fact not updated, or is the 2.02 a patch/hotfix?

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We have send the files to them, but I will try to contact them. It's often a problem with external shops unfortunate.

Hi Mathjis, I have boxed version. Downloading from support.aersofot.com give me 2.01 but not 2.02? Where can I get the latest?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

We have send the files to them, but I will try to contact them. It's often a problem with external shops unfortunate.

Hi Mathijs, sorry but asking again as waitged without reply.

Thanks!

Hi John/Mathijs,

Asking this question again, because I've never seen an definitive answer (it's been over 3 months), and others are still asking the same question.

Can anyone tell us how to definitively determine what version of F-14 Extended we have downloaded/are downloading/are using? John stated above that a new installer is in the Aerosoft Shop, but I have re-downloaded several times, and it appears that either:
A ) that information is inaccurate,  or
B ) the information is accurate, but the installer version does not reflect same.

From my latest download attempt from the Aerosoft Shop and installation:

Download links (Fullversion):
Aerosoft - F-14 X (2.02) 
(AS_F-14-EXTENDED_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM.zip - 02.09.2016 08:09:00 | 1,014 MB)

Expanded executable:
AS_F-14-EXTENDED_FSX-P3D-FSXSTEAM_V202.exe

Product.cfg:
Version=0201

Readme.txt:
HISTORY
1.00     Download release
2.01    Extended  Version

So again, this may be a gigantic misunderstanding and we are all just confused. But can someone tell us 'if you have this file', or 'if this file is dated such', then you have the latest version (regardless of what the product.cfg or readme.txt says)'.

Thanks,

~Matt

On 9/16/2016 at 4:54 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I will check on this.

On 9/21/2016 at 6:44 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

I am losing faith in the Customer Service of this company which I had previously help in high regard. I honestly do not see what could possibly take so long in checking to ensure customers who have paid their hard earned money can not receive an affirmative answer to whether they will ever get a chance to have the current update to make your product improved. I understand that some, maybe most, of the external shops have the correct software, but at least for myself, who purchased a disc copy from your company can not get a straight forward answer whether the files downloaded on this companies website are mislabeled on incorrect. Come on guys, we are not asking all that much, but a simple answer which has gone unanswered for far too long. I lose faith everyday with regards to customer service, ethics, and plain old reliability. I do not mean to sound jaded or disgruntled, but no one is that busy they could not have had someone, - an intern or "Joe" the janitor - check this out and provide an answer in a reasonable time. I would be especially happy if someone loaded the needed, correct files to disc and snail mailed them to me since I thought buying the disc a much better backup and safe feature of your project. Now, I just feel foolish.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • jcagle unpinned this topic

Archived