Immediate CTD with A320 in P3D v3.3.5

Rob Ainscough

Hey all,

Thought I'd try out a fresh install of the A320 v1.31 with hotfix (has been a while since I've installed/used this aircraft - new PC, etc.) ... verified all VC++ versions 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015.

Load P3D V3.3.5 at default airport (not 3rd party) and I get a CTD about 5 seconds after I see the Airbus VC.  So I go thru my standard diagnostics, disable my DLL.XML entries (both locations) same with EXE.XML (both locations), still same issue.  Verified my other fleet of aircraft are working -- PMDG, CS, Milviz, Carenado, Alabeo, A2A, etc. etc. ... all working well same location. 

Not much to go on in event viewer, the standard CTD type message:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.3.5.17625, time stamp: 0x5758bb31
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.103, time stamp: 0x57b7e09e
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000d9841

and

Fault bucket 108376710039, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Prepar3D.exe
P2: 3.3.5.17625
P3: 5758bb31
P4: StackHash_c17c
P5: 10.0.14393.103
P6: 57b7e09e
P7: c0000374
P8: PCH_F9_FROM_ntdll+0x0006E1BC

This is Windows 10 anniversary 1607.  I assume others have the Airbus working fine under Win10 1607 in P3D V3.3.5?

This one has me stumped, any hints?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I am not sure whether this is related to your problem, but you could try a hotfix that deals with a CTD if you put a "Direct to" into the FMC. It could be that for some reason it also helps in your situation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml0y51xgfvtgu26/FMGS_Release1_31_Hotfix1.zip?dl=0

It comes into: Your sim\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321(Oder 318-319) Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Yeah, already done that per my comment "...install of the A320 v1.31 with hotfix".  I'll keep digging but so far nothing has worked with the Airbus A320 ... wondering if it's some sort of "font" registration issue?  I seem to recall the A320 required some font be installed??  Given I'm on Win10 anniversary 1607, perhaps there is something the OS doesn't like about A320 font install?  Pulling at straws...

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I don't understand all the requirements for various VC++ re-distributables (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, etc.) ... although I have verified and re-installed just in case, P3D SDK only supports VC++ 2013 runtimes "officially" ... but has me confused over why the need for so many VC++ versions?  I'm assuming the aircraft was built with just a single VC++ version (DLL side)?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The NTDLL.DLL points more towards a problem in graphics system. Maybe there is a newer driver version for your graphics board available? 

8 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

The NTDLL.DLL points more towards a problem in graphics system. Maybe there is a newer driver version for your graphics board available? 

Seems Rob is correct both of Us are using window10 anniversary edition - have all updates installed was working but still speed and altitude did not work properly - reloaded P3D and now I have no system lights on - plane is dead first couple of times I loaded it all the systems were up and running now nothing all dead - setup controllers and panning views - cant pan around so those dont work either now

To prove this out I just did a brand new install of Windows10 and P3D - fsuipc - nothing else so seems to me this aircraft is not usable anymore in current windows 10 OS 64BIT

May want to alert potential customers

Hi yah Dave - I did not update to anniversary edition I formatted my hard drive and loaded a fresh install from Microsoft - had these issues with my last win10 build but didnt have the dead panels - very strange

I tried this time around without and with patches by the way -  I think I am on install number 8 now - not fun - took me 8 hours to get a solid well performing windows and thought this should be it good to go but didnt work out that way

11 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Rob,

I run the Airbus under Windows 10 and P3D 3.3.5 without any issues.  Do you have the Win 10 Anniversary update installed?

Got it working finally - here is how - I dont give up that easily

===========================================================================

Had to go to Aerosoft Airbus installer EXE. and 

1. Right mouse click on it and go to properties
2. Compatibility tab - tick on run this program as administrator 
3. Security tab pick every group or users do each one - click edit and make sure allow is ticked on all of the radials for each group or user

It now it installs properly even all the controllers assignment area was different than ever before

YEAH hope this helps someone else may want to sticky this for Windows 10 users or any Windows versions for that matter - works great now

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, rsvette12 said:

2. Compatibility tab - tick on run this program as administrator 

This is part of the instructions you yourself quoted in your very first post in your own topic. So no need to make that a sticky post. 

Enjoy the bus! 

7 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

This is part of the instructions you yourself quoted in your very first post in your own topic. So no need to make that a sticky post. 

Enjoy the bus! 

What post Tom I didnt post this nor figure out how to get it installed until an hour ago - where this quote ?

Simply right mouse clicking on the exe and running as admin doesnt cut it which is all I have seen posted here my method is way different if you read it carefully :) sticky for imo for sure

• Deputy Sheriffs

In your first post you quoted Daves topic

Step 1 contains your solution.  As you quoted this post I (and most likely Dave as well) assumed you had followed the instructions and thought of some other problem you might face. 

Anyway, case closed as you found it now. 

Still a no go for me, just CTD ... already do the "Run As Admin" and verified my account.

18 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Do you have the Win 10 Anniversary update installed?

Yes, see my initial post in this thread.

Sorry  folks, but I don't have time to try to diagnose this any further - just have to chalk this up with aircraft being incompatible with my setup.

Thanks for the responses.

Cheers, Rob.

Hating to be beaten ... I double checked my DLL.XML (the one in AppData\Roaming) and saw I had not disabled the following:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSLSpotLights</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Must have slipped the cracks or I'm just getting old ... anyway, if I disable FSLSpotLights no more CTD and the Airbus is working perfectly.  If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's finding the Aircraft identifier as "Airbus" and FSLSportlights thinks it's the FSLabs A320 and hence the CTD.

I'll pass this info along to Lefteris at FSLabs

So the temp fix is:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSLSpotLights</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>FSLabs\FSLSpotLights\DLL\FSLSpotLights.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

You'll need to re-enable this when using FSLabs Spotlight in any other aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: see this thread at FSLabs: http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7914-resolved-crashes-on-startup-with-aerosoft-airbus-in-prepar3d-v335/  as an alternative you can leave the FSLSpotlight entry enabled and make sure Airbus configuration for ECAM software render is checked.

Please login to display this image.

Archived