Shalom and greetings all my pals,

After few months of smooth flying,  FSX has now refuses to open by saying the error message as seen below:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    fsx.exe
  Application Version:    10.0.61472.0
  Application Timestamp:    475e17d3
  Fault Module Name:    d3d11.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.2.9200.16570
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5153774d
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00010860
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033

So I researched on the internet for solution to the d3dll.dll error problem. The common answer is to remove Windows Update KB2670838 but I do not have that in laptop and looking at past update history in windows 7 shows no evidence of installation of Windows Update KB2670838.

I used FSX's automatic repair method to repair FSX but that did not produce any positive results.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks,

Aharon

Hi Aharon,

Sometimes this d3d11.dll crash are related to that update that you are saying, but also can be related to ENB or SweetFX, have you installed this mods? If so, uninstall and check if the errors persist.

Regards,

Walter

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have you tried just replacing that file? Perhaps it is simply corrupted.

I did that too before and no luck.

Regards,

Aharon

54 minutes ago, DetCord said:

Have you recently installed any freeware addons?

Just new version 3.12 of Jahn C-47 but it is not cause of the problem. Have been using it for 2 weeks without problem.  Problem started yesterday.

I think my heavily used 4 year old laptop is dying. I am afraid I would need to buy new laptop but I do NOT NOT want Windows 10 because everybody say FSX never never works with Windows 10!!

Regards,

Aharon

That DLL is a RTM/RTE associated error. Are you running in DX10 or 9?

Open Control Panel, Uninstall a Program, View installed updates, and type the KB into the search bar just to make sure.

9 hours ago, DetCord said:

Are you running in DX10 or 9?

Honestly I have no idea but all I know is that I set my FSX to disable DX9 or DX10 preview 4 years ago

Regards,

Aharon

You have no idea? DX10 is either enabled in the graphics settings menu or it isn't. If it's not, then its running with the DX9 RTE and that update (KB2670838) isn't applicable. You might be better off simply uninstalling FSX completely and starting over. Before that however, I'd remove the last three addons you installed. 

There are too many issues with the vast majority of freeware out there. Primarily because a lot of them were developed for FS9 and ported over to FSX, hence the multitude of sim and system compatibility issues. I'm guessing one of these may have caused this problem. 

• Aerosoft
18 hours ago, Aharon said:

I think my heavily used 4 year old laptop is dying. I am afraid I would need to buy new laptop but I do NOT NOT want Windows 10 because everybody say FSX never never works with Windows 10!!

And yet tens of thousands of people use FSX on Win10. It is by far (with margin) the best of for your simulator. We keep statistics on how often the sim crashes and FSX on win10 is simply more stable. Probably due to the better memory management of win10 and the lower memory overhead of the win10/64 OS.

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Win10  is by far (with margin) the best of for your simulator. We keep statistics on how often the sim crashes and FSX on win10 is simply more stable. Probably due to the better memory management of win10 and the lower memory overhead of the win10/64 OS.

Mathijs,

Thanks for telling me GREAT news!!!  Glad to hear that!!!!  Whew!!!

Detcord,

I think it is that it is software or file problem or Windows problem meaning it is hard for me to fix.  Something in Windows 7 Pro is screwed up which prevents me from using FSX.

Problem is do not know how to fix hence my inclination to buy new laptop although I do not want to abandon my four year old laptop although old but STILL powerful and fast as you can see from my thousands of screenshots that I post on many aviation forums including Aerosoft forum!!

Hope my next plan is to uninstall SP1 and SP2. Then use FSX's automatic repair DVD to repair FSX. Then reinstall SP1 and SP2 but I have feeling it will not help.

Just saw a new Alienware laptop with 16GB, 1 TB 7,200 rpm, 550 GB SSD, and 2 GB dedicated video ram for 1,499 bucks but I do not think Aerosoft airport sceneries will be happy with 2 GB dedicated video ram and I want to use Anchorage X scenery that I bought 2 years ago but was afraid to install. Also I want to buy Fairbanks X scenery too!!! So I think I need 3 GB or 4 GB dedicated video ram for my next planned new laptop!

Regards,

Aharon

2 hours ago, Walter Almaraz said:

Buying a new laptop is not the solution, however install FSX and Windows 7 (all from scratch) could be the solution.

Yeah, I dumped 10 and went back to 7.

Archived