Update for Polish Airports 1 2017 P3D

GermanyGreece93

According to our information it is not a free update, but a new product which has to be bought again.

It should be available at an upgrade price though (10€+tax), we will add that to our shop soon.

Hi Emanuel,

I must on behalf of many, I'm sure, longstanding AS customers appeal this perverse decision. Simmarket and the Flightsim Store are both offering the discount for customers who previously bought the original product. I can see no reason why AS should not offer it also. Please let me know of the view of AS management. If the discount is still not offered I will raise the matter with the developers. The issue for me is if AS decline to offer the discount on this product, then there is potential to do likewise on future updates. Then I am obliged to purchase only from the other sellers in future rather that with AS. At present I would like the choice to purchase with AS.

Regards,

Keith

I'm sorry, guys, but now I feel a bit betrayed by Aerosoft. DD offers an upgrade discount, and you want to keep the price difference for yourself? I have bought all 3 Polish Airports packages in your shop, that's a lot of money for me! S..market has no problem with this discount. I really hope that you will find a solution for this issue, otherwise I will buy absolutely nothing from Aerosoft from now on.

Regards, HK

I am very irritated, too. Maybe the problem is the shop-software. For discounts on updated products Aerosoft needs the serial of the earlier version inserted while in the buying process. The products of DD don't require a serial, so the only possibility would be buying the new version for the full price and get the refund via email-correspondence. There should be a solution!

I deeply regret buying this title through Aerosoft - I expect the same disappointment with vols 2 and 3.  The lesson here is to never buy a non-Aerosoft product through Aerosoft again.  Have we made any inquiries to DD about this?  

Hi.

Just to be clear on this - we are developers, we do develop products but we don't sale them to you guys. We don't even have a store on our website. Our resellers do that and they have rights to do that in the way they want. We can obviously suggest at what price and with what discounts a product should be sold but we can't force our resellers to do anything. Aerosoft does not sell our New York City X because they have their own product - Manhattan X. And they have the right to do that. What I can tell is that all our resellers always get the same stuff from us - same products, same prices, same discount offers, same updates. But it is up to them what they publish or how they publish and on what conditions. I would appreciate you guys not contacting us regarding resellers-related issues as there is nothing we can do about that rather than to stop cooperating with a particular reseller, which is not an option is case of Aerosoft. If you have a bad experience with a particular reseller, you may always switch to another one - we have currently 10. http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/stores.htm

I understand DD's point, but I cannot understand AS' position. We are talking about a total discount of 50-60 Euro for the coming upgrades which I purchased through AS (Polish Airports 1-3, Bornholm). That's by far too much to simply ignore it.

I'm still hoping for a customer-friendly solution of this issue.

Regards, HK

I am in the same position, I bought Polish Airports Vol 1 and 3 from Aerosoft.  However I have been buying more and more form SimMarket.  This policy choice of Aerosoft not to sell the update for the suggested $10 is another push to not buy anything form Aerosoft.  I can not understand this choice by Aerosoft.

RJ

I welcome the comments by DD. Very sensible and accurate. We can rest assured they are aware of our disappointment. I am still awaiting response from a support ticket I submitted last Friday. I sent another chase yesterday. If AS position remains the same, I shall be siding with DD's comment that we should switch resellers if we have a bad experience. I will update when I hear more.

Keith

On 7.9.2016 at 6:26 PM, keithgiannni said:

Any update, please, on whether this decision is being reviewed?

Keith

Sorry for the late reply on this.

The decision has been reviewed carefully and I want to explain the situation to you:

At this moment our shopsystem is rather old and we are in the process of upgrading to a new system.
Presently our shop does not support discounts without entering a serialnumber of a previous pruchase. Since DD products do not use serialnumbers that makes our shopsystem incompatible to the kind of discount DD wishes to offer on this product - and therefore we can (technically) not offer the discount.
Reprogramming our old shopsystem to support this new type of discount would take a lot of work.

Our new shop, which is currently in the works, will likely support this kind of discount.

Once we reach a state where the new shop will go online (not too soon, sorry) we will of course reconsider adding the discount to this product.

Those of you who really have a problem with this please send us a mail to support@aerosoft.com and we will see what we can do for you.

Just sent such an e-mail to support@aerosoft com too. I have bought up to now in total 10 DD products from Aerosoft.

Why is it so complicated for Aerosoft to find here a practicable solution? In their Download-Shop database it is clearly visible who has bought what products - even when no serial number is involved.

Lets see, what will happen ...

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, seiermax said:

Why is it so complicated for Aerosoft to find here a practicable solution?

Please read Emi's answer (#22, two posts up) again. He actually explains the problem quite well.

Archived