Autopilot Repeatably Disconnects

Hello Guy's,

I have v1.31 of the A318/9 and A320/321 installed in P3Dv3.3.5 and I am constantly having problems with the autopilot disconnecting by its self. This happens normally in the cruise phase when flying a constant heading, speed and altitude, it also has a tendency to disconnect during the descent phase as well. The audible alarm goes off each time but only sometimes is the "auto flight off" announcement made. When the AP is manually disconnected the announcement is made every time. To recover the situation I simple press the AP button to re-engage the autopilot ("autopilot is going on" is always announced). This happens every time I fly any of the buses and does not occur on any other aircraft (PMDG 737ngx, 777 or iFly 747, Twin Otter etc). This has been occurring for some time now and was also happening when I used P3Dv3.1 and P3Dv3.2

I have recently uninstalled the aircraft and re-installed them as per Mathijs Kok "Do This" recommended procedure from the Update section of this forum but with no success. I have checked my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke inputs, calibrations, null zones etc (even the joy stick in the cockpit is not moving and is steady when the fault occurs).

I have approx. 31-35FPS when in the cruise and I have disabled AS16/ASCA (and ASN previously) but the autopilot still disconnects. I have over 850 on-line flying hours with BAV on the airbuses and consider myself to be a pretty competent bus pilot (I followed the tutorials from the outset). Please see the attached screenshot when the AP has dropped out.

My system specs are; W10, i7-5960X 3.00GHz, 32GB Ram, 2x Titan Blacks, 1TB SSD 840 EVO and 500G SSD 840 EVO drives.

Any assistance to resolve this very annoying problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gary

Please login to display this image.

You may have a noisy controller (joystick).  This can cause exactly what you're experiencing.

I recommend increasing the deadzone and decreasing the sensativity on your controller in P3D.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Hi Dave,

I adjusted the dead zones and sensitivity in P3D as suggested, I also (for good measures), re-assigned all of my Saitek Yoke, Throttles and Rudder pedal assignments in FUSIPC and re-calibrated them. After flying for over 2-hrs on full AP the problem has now been resolved.

Many thanks for your support Dave :D 

Regards

Gary

Archived