Cant get Airbus to work

rsvette12

Hi Guys having serious issues here and need some help please - nothing is working correctly except for it follows a flight plan and the throttle detent positions work - installed 4 times the proper way 318 - 319 -320 - 321- now I have just the 320 - 321 installed no sense in loading the smaller ones until I get this sorted out

Altitude & Speed & MCDU are useless thinking its all of these distributes loaded from the posting to load all of these if your using windows 64bit - I am using windows 10 pro 64bit - PREPAR3D 3.3.5 -   Bus version:  AS_AIRBUS-A320-A321_FSX-P3DV2-P3DV3-FSXSTEAM_V131 & AS_AIRBUS-A318-A319_FSX-P3DV2-P3DV3-FSXSTEAM_V131

Saitek Cessna pro yoke and a Saitek throttle quadrant (1) windows driver not using FSUIPC but payware version loaded  

What I did notice if I dont touch the MCDU to put in a plan just take off it works manually spot on - thinking its all of theses files I loaded as stated in this posting

Also noticed I cant over write the altitudes and speeds - they just pop back to what you see in screenshot

Here is a screenshot of a plan made in MCDU KPVD DEP 05 to KBOS ils 4R

This plan is way out of wack for such a short flight - thank you any help would be appreciated - thinking some of the files need to be uninstalled as stated by the link above - and Yes all controller stuff - admin - AV install process the hole nine yards was followed to a T

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you worked yourself through the included step by step guide?

If not, please do so. If yes,  please describe in detail from point on in flight preparation and/or execution the bus is not behaving like it should (according to the description in the step by step guide). 

9 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Have you worked yourself through the included step by step guide?

If not, please do so. If yes,  please describe in detail from point on in flight preparation and/or execution the bus is not behaving like it should (according to the description in the step by step guide). 

Tom going thru tons of documentation doesnt explain a simple airbus generated plan it should not look like this - you show me what you get - take you 2 mins to do - something is very wrong here and you have a avoided my request for help - I tried the font fix for windows 10 and that didnt help

As a matter of fact I go to the trouble to post a picture of all of those redistributes and you didnt answer that question ? same old answer

" the step by step guide" thats not the problem - need someones help willing to help - not happy

Posting only the C++ updates doesn't answer Tom's question.  Did you perform all the steps requested, such as uninstalling the Airbus, downloading the most recent update, and re-installing - all per the Guide?

If you have done all the steps, then it's possible your aircraft is overweight, at least for the air temp you're taking off at.  I recommend loading 5.0kg of fuel, zero passengers and cargo, taking off and climbing to FL360 to see how the Airbus/Autopilot works.

Let me note for those new to this, that our customer contacted me via PM and he reported other issues which seem to have been resolved by the C++ installations.

• Deputy Sheriffs

How have I avoided your request for help?

You say you experience a very odd behavior of your bus, which could simply be caused by wrong handling.

From your screenshot I only see a very simple flight plan (direct between two airports including a selected star). With no word you have mentioned how you entered the flight plan (manually or via company route, i.e. flight plan file). And you also haven't said what in your opinion is wrong with it? Did you expected the bus to build the entire route for you after you entered departure and arrival airport?

With my question I wanted to know if you have worked yourself through the step by step guide I wanted to check how likely wrong handling is. And from your post I still don't know the answer.

So I repeat my question: have you worked yourself through the step by step guide, followed the steps in the given order and did it worked out or not? And if not, at what precise point in the flow it starts misbehaving?

You ask for help and you are getting help. But instead of complaining you should simply answer given questions. Because they are not asked just to keep you busy and away from the forum but to find the solution for your problem in a structured manner, even if for you the structure isn't visible yet.

Guys I manually went into MCDU - put in KPVD DEP Runway 05 to KBOS  arrival ils04fr simple as that - very basic

Used the AS fuel configurator - passenger random - put dep airport and arrival airport in -  sent it to airbus -  then put in flaps 1 perf page - vspeeds entered themselves

As you can see by my picture above the MDCU should not look like that 340mph - you take off and it drops to the ground - should not do this 

First things first that basic plan put in the airbus no planners at all should not look like this - something is wrong software wise some confliction 

AGAIN my list of dists. in screenshot number 1 above do they look right is there to many there looks to be to many to me - that

Can anyone put this most basic of plans into the MCDU and show me what you get - no external planner just inside the airbus

Here you go a video of the same plan I do this and I get the above screenshot number 2

How is that his works and mine doesnt - did exactly what this guy did yet I dont get the correct plan as seen in screenshot number 2

Can you please load the fuel/pass/cargo I suggested?

EDIT:  I'm with Tom, you've told us that you "know what you're doing", which translates to you saying you are very familiar with how to operate the Airbus and systems, and that you understand how things like weight distribution, outside air temp, and similar things affect operations.

I suggest you slown down just a little, and start doing things step by step so that we can help you.

I'd also like to get back to ground zero, rather than starting off in the middle of things.

Do you know how to load the fuel, passengers and cargo manually?

Thanks.

Dave I am at work I did exactly what this guy did no more no less and his works mine does not - lets start thinking about what I have been asking software wise again and again those dists dont look right to many of them something is @#@@!#@ up please look at them and tell me what you think if you dont know thats fine - I am at work for the next 8 hours so I can do what you ask - thanks Dave

Key here is a brand new install AGAIN of the 320 -321 and followed this guys instruction to the letter in video - and his plan looks correct yet mine is launching me into outer space 

Is this a WINDOWS 10 issue maybe ? just throwing that out there - not rocket science - should work per video 

yes, but it doesn't look like he covered loading fuel, passengers and cargo.  I'm guessing you are WAY overloaded.

I suggest you take a step back from this, wait until you get home, and try what I suggested. If you don't know how to load the fuel, passengers and cargo, just let me know and I'll you sorted in about 2 seconds.

Just to be certain you know what we're asking:

1. Please confirm you completed all of the steps that Tom and I asked about.  They have to be completed Verbatim.

2. After doing Step 1, please load the fuel, pass, cargo I suggested, depart and climb to FL360 and let us know how it worked.

Thanks.

I still don't really understand what is wrong. What, precisely, is the aeroplane not doing that you think it should be doing? You say it does follow the flight plan and the thrust lever detents do work, but you haven't actually stated what it isn't doing.

Apart from NABBO, the other waypoints are "pseudo-waypoints" that are automatically calculated by the FMGC, so I wouldn't expect to be able to modify speed and altitude constraints in there.

Are you in managed or selected speed, nav and climb? What does the FMA say before you depart? Do you have CLB | NAV blue displayed on the FMA before takeoff (you should)? The FCU should, essentially, show dash, ball, dash, ball, ball, dash -- managed speed, managed nav, managed climb with the first altitude you want to level off at set.

From looking at the speeds displayed in the FMGC it looks to me as though you are in selected modes.

Please tell me why I cant get the MCDU to look like the one in the video if I do exactly what he did - i cant change the MCDU speeds and altitudes it wont let me nor should I have to should have looked like the ones in the video and I if I do try to change them they revert back to the original entry's it created 

Selected mode - take off when it doesnt drop to the ground it fly's right by 250mph - nothing you can do about it - take off procedure is secondary right now if the MDCU isnt working and it should be nothing else will work correctly lets solve the MDCU issue the rest will probably be ok - so again there is something a miss with the install or a confliction 

Again SCREENSHOT 1 all of those installs dont look right we need to start there and probably things will be sorted out

59 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

Please tell me why I cant get the MCDU to look like the one in the video if I do exactly what he did -

Because the video, as far as I can tell, doesn't even look at the FCU and therefore assumes that you have set it up correctly. To be honest, even in the video he is in a very weird mode -- VS 0 (CLB blue) | NAV blue which is a weird enough mode to be in in the air, let alone on the ground, so frankly that's not quite right either.

The FCU and the MCDU interact. If one is not right, the other will not be right, and if the FMA isn't right (ie the aeroplane isn't in the right mode) then it doesn't matter what you put in the MCDU it will not behave in the right way.

For a start, if you are in selected speed this will affect the values displayed in the MCDU. If you are not in CLB | NAV blue before takeoff, the A/THR will not engage correctly and the aircraft will accelerate.

That's why I'm asking!

1 minute ago, skelsey said:

Because the video, as far as I can tell, doesn't even look at the FCU and therefore assumes that you have set it up correctly. To be honest, even in the video he is in a very weird mode -- VS 0 (CLB blue) | NAV blue which is a weird enough mode to be in in the air, let alone on the ground, so frankly that's not quite right either.

The FCU and the MCDU interact. If one is not right, the other will not be right, and if the FMA isn't right (ie the aeroplane isn't in the right mode) then it doesn't matter what you put in the MCDU it will not behave in the right way.

For a start, if you are in selected speed this will affect the values displayed in the MCDU. If you are not in CLB | NAV blue before takeoff, the A/THR will not engage correctly and the aircraft will accelerate.

That's why I'm asking!

Hi Simon:

All of this aside I should be able to touch nothing - flaps 1 -    full throttle to/ga   -    take it up and bring it back to CLB at 1,700 ft should go to 250mph then I should be able take control manually and fly it like a Cessna if I want I cant nothing works either falls to the ground or in some cases blows by 250kts and aircraft freaks out then I need to shut down P3D as it was a futile attempt again - not the operator folks worked in windows 7 ok 

AGAIN - could it be all of those files I installed ?

Or does this not work in windows 10 ?

Thank you Simon

6 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

All of this aside I should be able to touch nothing - flaps 1 -    full throttle to/ga   -    take it up and bring it back to CLB at 1,700 ft should go to 250mph

Only if the aeroplane is in the correct modes (i.e. CLB | NAV blue) and managed speed before takeoff -- if not then it may not do that.

I am running the Airbus in P3D under W10 very satisfactorily. I would be very surprised if it was connected to any of those files -- generally speaking the VC redistributables are non-incremental, i.e. each version you see in your list is a slightly different build that may be used by one or many other different pieces of software you have installed (FS related or otherwise). I confess however that I am no software engineer and there are others here who will be much more capable of talking about that side of things!

When you say "falls to the ground" -- what happens? The aircraft gets to 1500ft and then just slams to the ground? The aircraft runs out of speed and stalls? I'm trying to visualise what's going on.

Hi Simon

Thanks for confirming win10 - thats good to know

When it falls I mean it slowly looses altitude (glides) down to the ground At about 2,000ft - no engines running no stalling which doesnt make sense either - programming is hosed somehow and no matter how many time I reinstall it with all the cleanings and all that  - same thing - takes off slowly goes back to earth or goes to 500mph - way wrong lol :) 

CLB is engaged at 1,700ft by me or when the message comes on

I cant get it to go up no matter what I try - I know this sounds crazy but it seems way worse after installing all of those C++ files - wish I knew the exact files I need to run Airbus not all of these Dist. installs

I would uninstall them all and only install the needed ones - but Aerosoft posting says load them all - seems like they just dont know so they cover all the bases I guess

Anyway I can put screenshots of each phase but if its not doing basic things I am wasting more time and yours  

Other than uninstalling my entire sim dont know what to do - done everything else  

Until I can get a basic manual flying bird all the other stuff doesnt matter - you know when its right and when its not :) its not stable - thought maybe I may have missed something but I cant think of anything been doing this for 20 years and I have never been blind sided like this before 

Hi there,

Thanks. I know it feels futile, but it would be very useful to see some screenshots/video etc of the whole procedure from programming the MCDU to takeoff and the problem actually occurring (ideally showing the FMA at various points) to try and pinpoint exactly where the issue is arising. It does seem strange -- just to confirm, you have no manual control at all? Moving the joystick makes no difference to the flight path?

The screenshots in question (as I say, including the FMA, particularly just before takeoff, after takeoff power is applied and at the start of the issues arising) should be able to absolutely eliminate any sort of operator error -- I'm sure you know what you're doing but it would be good to eliminate any doubt and it should help pin down whether the aeroplane is doing something it thinks it should be doing (for whatever reason), or whether it is simply not following the flight guidance commands at all (which do have an impact on manual flight unless you have turned off the FDs and are in manual thrust, i.e. with the thrust levers out of the climb gate and a completely blank FMA).

Cheers,

Simon

4 hours ago, skelsey said:

Hi there,

Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon:

I think we can resolve a lot of this confusion heres how I think the install is still corrupt and something may be causing it that I cant figure out and may have to start fresh ground up

P3D new install dreaded FTX global migration etc.

Ok here goes just to prove this airbus is unusable in its current state answer yes or no - and if you answer yes then we are blowing smoke until the basics is working correctly

Here we go :) 

Start airbus in P3D touch nothing at the runway ready to take off - (well flaps 1 is a good idea)  - take off 

Speed is only working with the AP OFF  ----------------  with the AP ON it does not work

Altitude is working with the AP ON  ----------------------  with the AP OFF it does not work

I cant get both to work at the same time with AP ON - one or the other

So in my mind they both should work with AP on yet they are not

So shouldn't they both work with AP on ?  YES or No Simon :) 

These two functions should work together - they are not without a doubt - Friend of mine works on aircraft electronics in IRL and has Airbus and his works 

Thank you Simon - eagerly awaiting your answer 

That's crazy man. I don't know where to start with that. 

Before you burn out and format your current sim install, have you tried uninstalling the Bus itself and removing the CFG and associated DLL entries? Might wanna give that a go before you start from the ground up. I know what a absolute pain that is.

58 minutes ago, DetCord said:

Before you burn out and format your current sim install, have you tried uninstalling the Bus itself and removing the CFG and associated DLL entries? Might wanna give that a go before you start from the ground up. I know what a absolute pain that is.

Hi Buddy missed yah - you feeling ok now - had me scared 

Yes its silly uninstalled it 5 times now and cleaned it out completely - I did not check dll's thanks for that  - was about to reinstall the 320-321 again and see if it will work - hope its not windows10 causing this - thank you my friend :) 

You have some serious talent :) I know how much work it is to do what you do

1 hour ago, rsvette12 said:

Hi Buddy missed yah - you feeling ok now - had me scared 

Yes its silly uninstalled it 5 times now and cleaned it out completely - I did not check dll's thanks for that  - was about to reinstall the 320-321 again and see if it will work - hope its not windows10 causing this - thank you my friend :) 

You have some serious talent :) I know how much work it is to do what you do

It is what is as they say. 

I don't have P3D installed anymore, went back to FSX. Still, P3D uses the same APP Data/Roaming/whatever hidden folder sets that FSX does, so if you are going to do a complete uninstall, you should follow this. Else you're just keeping all of the old addon related files and entries regardless if its a new install, and the errors will still appear. There is also a sim folder in Program Data that has a bunch of scenery related files (SceneryCache, SceneryIndexs, etc) in it that you should delete as well. Should resemble the screenshot.

People have reported issues with Win10, but it varies with every user. Thanks for the compliment matey.

Hi Det

Not sure what you mean by it is what it is are you ok ? as for this issue I ama going all out updated my windows 10 to new windows 10 anniversary - format start over - will load fresh P3D - the basics then the airbus I would assume it should work - just not sure on all of those c++ files really not sure about loading all of those versions - anyway thanks - report back - lots to do now 

23 hours ago, DetCord said:

FYI Det - not usable in Win10 see here 

34 minutes ago, rsvette12 said:

FYI Det - not usable in Win10 see here 

Which is one of the many reasons I dumped Win10 and all its intrusive monitoring software MS tossed in. The Anniversary Update is by far the worse though, at least going by recent news. And Cortana? Forget that noise.

Everything about that OS is awful, not to mention Orwellian.

Archived