Simmarket account blacklisted, what to do?

LN-TBP

Last Saturday I purchased the Miami scenery from LatinVFR and the new first officer expansion pack for the FS2Crew version for your Airbus from Simmarket. Paid with Paypal (used the One Touch option), only to find the amount to be paid charged to my card three times.

When I notified them of this they blacklisted my account which I have used for the last eight years, with over 1000 euros worth of addons and games associated with it. I then got hold of Paypal earlier today after tweeting and emailing them over the weekend, and they told me that one of the transactions was completed presumably in a successful way, one got reversed by Paypal, and one got stopped presumably by either my bank or by Visa. The money that was charged to my card in error would be back in my account within three to five business days.  Case closed. Or so I thought.

After emailing Simmarket I got a reply saying that the reason for my account being blacklisted was because of nonpayment of the order from last Saturday, which I find very odd, especially considering the fact that I have a completed transaction in my Paypal history for that amount to be paid.

Anyone else with similar experiences who can shed some light on what to do next? Also, is the info in my Simmarket account "in a safe place", or do I have to bite the bullet and realize that the time and effort spent on my simming hobby is lost forever?

• Deputy Sheriffs

One should not assume, that the technology (transaction protocol) PayPal or other online payment services are using is fail safe. You just see it yourself: the payment was triggered three times, PayPal them self stopped already the second one and the third one was stopped by Visa or your bank. And the shop didn't even received any confirmation at all.

I don't think that SimMarket is to blame for this. It was bad luck that it happened at the weekend where you were not able to get it sorted out immediately. I think this is just one of the (technological) draw backs or hicc ups one can encounter when paying on the web.

Just provide SimMarket with the details you got from PayPal and they will be able to sort it out. 

I've tried, by giving them the transaction IDs for not just the transaction that seemingly went through, but also the one that got reversed by Paypal.

Then Simmarket tries to fend me off by saying that I never paid for that order, when my Paypal transaction history shows that I must have, since there is a payment for the amount to be paid listed as "Completed" in my transaction history.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, then pass this information to PayPal to get all your money refunded. Once you have it, get in touch with SimMarket again and ask for pointers on how to get their open bill payed.

And yes, your are right, this should actually all be solved for you by the merchant (that's at least what I would understand customer service is).

After rereading the last email from Simmarket I decided to check the resolution center to see if there was anything there, although I believe that they are referring to the transactions that were held and reversed, as Simmarket claimed that I had an  open case dispute with Paypal. Lo and behold, the list was completely empty, and I cannot recall ever starting a dispute with Paypal over this. I did have a look at the Dispute a transaction page, but decided not to file a dispute as the only transaction that I could open a dispute on was the one that was "successfully" completed.

And surely any dispute claims would not be registered until you've filled out the form and pressed the "file dispute" button or whatever that button is labeled.

Archived