Livery Manager problems

GoneMissed

Greetings,

I've just purchased the A320/21 and tried to use the Livery Manager to add some new textures. All appears fine, says it has been added succesfully, my P3D directory is correct. When I go into the sim, the livery is not there, and checking the aircraft.cfg file - the livery is not there.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Joe,

there are a few possible reasons for this.

To start with the easiest one to check: have you started the Livery Manager as Administrator? And are you running P3D as Administrator?

G'day Tom. Thanks for your response mate.

Running the Livery Manager as Administrator seemed to mostly fix the problem. I was able to add two liveries but am having issues with others. For example with the Tiger Australia livery, when I add it, there are no errors, but the livery doesn't appear in the list. When I add it again, it says it is already installed, even though it isn't in the aircraft.cfg or Livery Manager.

Further investigation showed the folders have been placed at C:\ with a new aircraft.cfg file, even though the directory in the Livery Manager is C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

• Deputy Sheriffs

The livery manager copied the files into the root folder of your hard drive?

What happens, if you copy them manually over?

Further more I would like to ask you to read through this topic, especially the first post, last paragraph.

Hi Tom,

I've just tried again, I deleted the folder and cfg file from C:\ and ran the livery manager again. Same result, it generates the file and folder in the incorrect location and doesn't appear in the livery manager. If I add again, it says the livery has already been added. The cfg file in the root C: is correct though. The P3D directory in the LM is definitely correct.

The file I have downloaded is this one.

I am using Windows 10.

I will Google how to add these manually, I'm just returning to the world of flight sim after 10 years away so I will have to relearn this process :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Livery Manager gives the same result to me. Obviously this livery package is not compatible to the Livery Manager.

Just refer to this pinned topic in the forum section to install it manually:

Archived