Berlin Tegel v2 - no runway lights

monokuro

Helle fellow pilots,

As the title says I don't seem to have any runway lights. Not only the lights are out but the actual lamps (i.e. the objects) are not there. I do believe it has something to do with the Airport Controller, but can't figure it out what exactly.

Using P3D v3.3.5 / Win 10 / Tegel 1.01 / Prague 1.05

Here is what I have done so far in an attempt to solve it:

- uninstalled Prague, Zurich, Split and Tegel

- installed Prague first knowing it has the latest APC

- installed Tegel

simobjects.cfg has the correct links to Prague's simobjects, Tegel doesn't seem to have its own simobjects.

There is a folder for simobjects under the APC folder (E:\Prepar3D Add-Ons\Aerosoft\Airport Controller\CommonResources\simobjects). For test reasons I inserted that one as well into the simobjects.cfg -> to no avail.

apc.cfg seems to have the correct Tegel data (attached to this thread).

My suspicion is that the APC is looking in the wrong place for any objects it may need for the runway lights. My P3D main folder is F:\Lockheed-Martin\Prepar3D v3; APC and the add on airports are in E:\Prepar3D Add-Ons\Aerosoft

I do have runway lights in Prague. 

Any help is appreciated :).

Thanks,

Jan

apc.cfg

Yes Sir :). And I should add that I now also have re-installed Zurich and Split, and everything is working perfectly there. So the only issue seem to be the missing RWY lights in Tegel. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good evening!
I had the same problem. At Tegel but as well at Zurich. The solution was (in my case) simple:

Open "APController.exe" located in your P3D folder at \aerosoft\AirportController as admin. (While the simulator is running)

It is normally already running, but for some reason you have to start it a second time.

Hope I could help you,
Jean-Luc

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 7.12.2016 at 2:44 PM, monokuro said:

Bringing this up again, because I can't find a solution, and I still don't have any runway lights.

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay will talk to the developers.

Hi, most likely it is an installer issue. There are 4 airports using APC. Some installers check if there is already APC installed, if yes, they skip it. Unfortunately, they also skip adding airport specific files and entries to the APC folder.

Check if you have the ResourcesEDDT.dll in your AirportController Folder.  If this is your problem, best solution is to install an APC airport, make an backup  of it's AirportController Folder, uninstall and go ahead to the next. When you have all backups, install all airports and copy back the missing files and edit the apc.cfg. Be aware there are different APC Versions:

LKPR 1.05: 1.0.23.60715

LSZH 1.04: 1.0.23.60715

LDSP 1.43: 1.0.19.60602

EDDT ????

jetwaypatch: 1.0.26.60731    -> used during testing

Attached my apc.cfg and a screenshot the APC folder.

apc.cfg

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hello Masterhawk,

I've seen in the apc.cfg you attached you are using P3Dv4.
For P3Dv4 you should use 'Berlin-Tegel Professional', which don't need the airport controller.

(it's the same for Zurich).

The FSX versions of Tegel and Zurich will not work correctly in P3Dv4.

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 hours ago, Guenter Zehnel said:

Hello Masterhawk,

I've seen in the apc.cfg you attached you are using P3Dv4.
For P3Dv4 you should use 'Berlin-Tegel Professional', which don't need the airport controller.

(it's the same for Zurich).

The FSX versions of Tegel and Zurich will not work correctly in P3Dv4.

No problem, that was my old setup before the Pro versions where released. I'm on Pro from day one. But from the logic it shold work for FSX and P3Dv1-3, it's just a matter of paths.

Archived