Black ECAM

Tim.S

Having just installed the A320/21 package into my FSX the ECAM screens are completely blank. PFD, ND and MCDU all work fine. Other topics on the issue seem to relate to P3d or have more dark screens than my issue. Aircraft is also uncontrollable, both in flight controls and throttle. 

Please login to display this image.

There are many reasons why this may be happening. First of all let's eliminate the most obvious ones. Have you turned up the brightness knobs on the pedestal? (Yes I know, I know, but I have to ask). Secondly, have you tried installing the 3 Simconnect msi files?

Haha yes, the brightness knobs was the first thing I tried. And I did run the installers of the 3 simconnect files as posted in the stickies thread on black screens. I will note however that my original post has a slight inaccuracy. The aircraft is controllable, I just happened to try controlling it with the wrong controller. The engines however produce no thrust but the throttles move in the VC.

What OS are you using and what version of FSX? You also mention P3D but from the way you worded your first post it seems like this problem is only related to FSX and P3D works fine. Would that be correct?

I've followed everything suggested here, and through a support ticket, and just can't get this to work. I'm going to upgrade my operating system from Windows vista 32bit to windows 10 64bit to see if that fixes the problem. I seem to be having some problems with windows update and am starting to think there may be some OS issues since I reinstalled it after a hardware failure that is causing the issue. Time I dumped the terrible vista operating system :P  I'm 99% certian I can use my windows 10 on a new system when I finally get the funds together to build that. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived