Tobus

Off to Nepal!

Have you arrived at Kathmandu?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Have you arrived at Kathmandu?

• Nah, the food there is iiieeeeuwwww.....
    • Yes, becoming quite the world traveller with this bunch

Tobus    113

A bit late, but here are the next legs ending the batch in Kathmandu.

#78 - August 19 - YAYE - YHLC

#79 - August 26 - YHLC - YPDN

#80 - September 2 - YPDN - WPDL

#81 - September 9 - WPDL - WADD

#82 - September 16 - WADD - WIII

#83 - September 23 - WIII - WSSS

#84 - September 30 - WSSS - VTSP

#85 - October 7 - VTSP - VTBS

#86 - October 14 - VTBS - VYYY

#87 - October 21 - VYYY - VGEG

#88 - October 28 - VGEG - VQPR

#89 - November 4 - VQPR - VNKT

#89a - November 4 - VQPR - VNLK

#89b - November 4 - VNLK - VNKT

Then 1 week rest, restarting November 18.

Google maps route chart will be updated today. 

Happy landings!

Tobus    113

Started!

A nice flight over endless but spectacular red and green central Australia. Didn't know YHLC was such a small and desolate field so I feel like I landed in nothingness.

HOYwC5B.jpg

The engine now has 110.4 hrs clocked and all running well. Just had to replace the air filter as a precaution before departing Ayers Rock. Must be dusty here...

gazoeller    130
On 16.8.2016 at 09:32, Tobus sagte:

Started!

A nice flight over endless but spectacular red and green central Australia. Didn't know YHLC was such a small and desolate field so I feel like I landed in nothingness.
<snip>

Hi Tobi,

you being first to submit the flight report looks to me like you want to be the winner of the Gold Medal on this batch of legs. Go for it!:clapping_s:

However, knowing your excellent aeronautical experience, it's a little bit hard to believe, that you didn't know about the small size of YHLC airport. One could get the impression, that you want to put a real high challenge on the guys in the big irons that you really make the Gold Medal.:lolsign_s:

Gernot

Tobus    113

Haha Gernot. For once I did NOT inspect the runways in this batch. Luckily my P51 can handle shorter runways than the heavies, if only a little. Take off can be short, but landing it has to have fairly long Landing Distance Available, as overbraking can lead to a nose dip and the end of my prop.

As far as the gold medal goes: I can do 1 long flight a week in my otherwise busy personal and work life. So as early as my start was, that will probably not be a guarantee for later flights ;-).

nealmac    244

Well the way people were talking, I thought I was heading for a remote airport with a grass runway. I don't have any payware VFR aircraft so I took out the default A36 Bonanza with P3D. But when I arrived, the runway was quite decent. I've landed the 777 on worse. The Bonanza is just goddamn awful. Like seriously awful. There's no GPS, and it just plain refused to follow the flightplan I had loaded into it, so I pretty much flew this one with heading select.

Leg 78 : YAYE - YHLC
Date : 19/8/16
Departure Time : 11:20 Zulu
Arrival Time : 01:25 Zulu
Aircraft : Beechcraft A36 Bonanza 
Planned Route : WINAL KEXIM IDULU
Cruise level : FL080

Climb from runway 13

climb.JPG

Visual approach for runway 04

app.JPG

Landing

land.JPG

Parked

parked.JPG

Dirk-NL    22
8 hours ago, nealmac said:

The Bonanza is just goddamn awful. Like seriously awful. There's no GPS, and it just plain refused to follow the flightplan I had loaded into it, so I pretty much flew this one with heading select.

That's a bit strange. I flew SEQU to MHTG in the default A36 Bonanza because I switched from FSX:SE to P3Dv3 on a new PC and had to buy new A/C. I had no problem at all loading a flightplan and use it. Might be because my AivlaSoft EFB loads the FPL directly into P3D upon pushing the 'Activate' button. And.... P3D's Flight planner has a Load button. Never used it, but it could be the way. Well... it's never wrong to hand fly a Bonanza. I did it in real life and liked it a lot. Better than C150's and C172's. :D  There is a GPS by the way. LOL

Dirk

Ruud    22

Hi guys,

I did a update in my cockpit replacing one off the Prodigy units with the FlightOne GTN 750 unit a great piece of software which I enjoy very much, after the mechanics have done this job I started up my engines at Ayers Rock for leg 78 YAYE to YHLC and off we go.

No spectacular flight regarding the landscape and weather so without any problems we arrived safely at YHLC Halls creek.

-2016-aug-17-002.jpg

-2016-aug-17-004.jpg

-2016-aug-17-006.jpg

-2016-aug-17-007.jpg

-2016-aug-17-008.jpg

Cheers,

Ruud

nealmac    244
8 hours ago, nealmac said: The Bonanza is just goddamn awful. Like seriously awful. There's no GPS, and it just plain refused to follow the flightplan I had loaded into it, so I pretty much flew this one with heading select.

That's a bit strange. I flew SEQU to MHTG in the default A36 Bonanza because I switched from FSX:SE to P3Dv3 on a new PC and had to buy new A/C. I had no problem at all loading a flightplan and use it. Might be because my AivlaSoft EFB loads the FPL directly into P3D upon pushing the 'Activate' button. And.... P3D's Flight planner has a Load button. Never used it, but it could be the way. Well... it's never wrong to hand fly a Bonanza. I did it in real life and liked it a lot. Better than C150's and C172's.   There is a GPS by the way. LOL

Dirk

Haha by GPS I mean a map readout or the equivalent of a navigational display. At least not on the default. I had no problem loading the flightplan in using the default planner and all the waypoints showed up correctly in the aircraft. Put passing the way points didn't seem to activate the next one and engaging the AP in NAV mode did nothing for me. I think it was more a case of me not knowing what I was doing as it was the first time I flew it.

Dirk-NL    22

Here we go with the next batch.

Leg 78: YAYE to YHLC, 506 Nm on FL200

Route: YAYE DEENO A587 DOPUK YHLC

Block-off: 12:18z   Takeoff: 12:27z   Touchdown: 14:43z   Block-on: 14:46z

Weather: YAYE 201100Z AUTO 13006KT 9999 // SCT115 17/M01 Q1015

YHLC 201426Z 05206KT 9999 -RA BKN060 BKN108 25/13 Q1012

It took me all morning to finally get the Rex-Milviz WX Radar working in the Duke. What should have been a 5 minute job, kept me busy every now and then since May. The installation still gives wrong size and position of the gauge, but I can live with that. 

So I taxied out for RWY13's C intersection. The Duke does not need that much runway. This time without ATC because that program did not want to load my flightplan. I'll sort that out later. Both airports are uncontrolled so who needs ATC. The flight was not very interesting in terms of scenery. But I found Halls Creek's RWY 04 in the rain that was nicely echoed on my radar.

2016-8-20_16-42-31-556.jpg

That was it for this week folks.

Dirk

Ruud    22

Hi guys,

After the flight #78 from yesterday I did leg #79 YHLC - YPDN  today, a much more interesting flight then the flight from yesterday nice landscapes and the clouded sky created some very nice effects in the sim.

-2016-aug-20-002.jpg

Leaving Halls Creek

-2016-aug-20-006.jpg

Climbing above the overcast layer

-2016-aug-20-014.jpg

-2016-aug-20-019.jpg

-2016-aug-20-023.jpg

A beautiful landscape below me

-2016-aug-20-028.jpg

-2016-aug-20-034.jpg

-2016-aug-20-039.jpg

Cheers,

Ruud

nealmac    244

So I flew to the far side of the world (mostly) in the A320. I'm going to take the NGX back home. 

Leg 79 : YHLC - YPDN
Date : 20/8/16
Departure Time : 00:47 Zulu
Arrival Time : 02:01 Zulu
Aircraft : PMDG B737-8ERW CF
Planned Route : WINAL KEXIM IDULU
Cruise level : FL230

Takeoff runway 22

climb.JPG

VOR apporoach for runway 11

app.JPG

Landing

land.JPG

Parked

park.JPG

Tobus    113
On 20-8-2016 at 5:04 AM, nealmac said:

Well the way people were talking, I thought I was heading for a remote airport with a grass runway. I don't have any payware VFR aircraft so I took out the default A36 Bonanza with P3D. But when I arrived, the runway was quite decent. I've landed the 777 on worse. The Bonanza is just goddamn awful. Like seriously awful. There's no GPS, and it just plain refused to follow the flightplan I had loaded into it, so I pretty much flew this one with heading select.

Wow, you really should consider investing in one of the A2A GA aircraft. I have the C182, Piper Cherokee and Piper Comanche, all head and shoulders above anything I have in my sim, including the heavy iron. I have most of their stuff, apart from only a handfull.

On topic:

On towards Darwin! I took some other aforementioned A2A warbird: the P-47 Thunderbold. I love the graphics and the heavy rattling of the R2800 twin row radial. Massive power on this thing, but hard to master, especially in low speed.

The take off and flight were nice, hand flying for 80 or so minutes to Darwin. She's a bit difficult to trim so after getting it just off level on a creeping climb I just took off some of the coal and then she remained where I wanted her, at 12.000ft.  The approach is fast, because this monster of a machine drops like a brick. Getting  to slow her down, and on the right moments, is the next struggle, as she lures you into a blind nose-high-attitude in which spotting a runway is next to impossible. Naturally, I stepped into every pitfall, thus weaved my way on final to get the runway. Slope was good though, even if I dropped gear and flaps too early, making almost full throttle a must to avoid crashing. But the touchdown was good..

I next took out the A2A/Aircraft Factory F4U1 Corsair to do some recon and scare the locals. The landing in that even harder to land bird was ... not worth mentioning.

7jcLaha.jpg

nealmac    244
Wow, you really should consider investing in one of the A2A GA aircraft. I have the C182, Piper Cherokee and Piper Comanche, all head and shoulders above anything I have in my sim, including the heavy iron. I have most of their stuff, apart from only a handfull.

Yep, the A2A C182 is on my shopping list but unfortunately it's not the only item on the list lol so it's gonna have to wait another while. I don't do a lot of VFR flying so I probably wouldn't get much use out of it, but it would be nice to have the option available if needed.

Tobus    113
23 hours ago, nealmac said:

I fly VFR most of the time, so my hangar is attuned to that. The heavy stuff I have is either old school or pre-FMS programmable stuff.

Ain't FSX grand just to have all these options available to us?

• Upvote 2

nealmac    244

Leg 80 : YPDN - WPDL
Date : 23/8/16
Departure Time : 06:02 Zulu
Arrival Time : 07:28 Zulu
Aircraft : PMDG B737-8ERW CF
Planned Route : OCTOB5 OCTOB UQ61 SHEPP M768 ELBIS Z12 DIL
Cruise level : FL380

Takeoff from runway 29 at Darwin climbing for FL380

climb.JPG

We did the NDB approach for runway 8. I studied the chart and it looked like my FAF was on a heading not aligned with the runway. About 32 degrees off actually. So I thought I was doing a Kai Tak / Toncontin style approach with a cool visual last minute turn. So I set my outbound and inbound courses to and from the DIL NDB. As I was flying back towards the airport it was clear that I was completely wrong, as the NDB was too close to the threshold of the runway. So I knocked out the autopilot and the resulting short final was a lot of fun. Unfortunately P3D crashed when I tried to setup a replay with a good view. But here we are down in 1 piece. Very heavy, but down in 1 piece

landing.JPG

Parked at gate 2. And yes I had to slew to make this ridiculous turn :lol:

parked.JPG

Philouplaine    96

Hi guyz!

Back to the Tour with a new series of flights, to Kathmandu this time.

Leg 78  completed

YAYE-YHLC

To the Kimberley!

Flight route. Green, planned; Red, actual.

Flight YAYE to YHLC - 21082016 small.jpg

Saturday August 20th. Started the new series of legs, to Kathmandu!

This today leg leads us to Halls Creek, a desolate small city at the edge of the Kimberley, the northernmost region of Western Australia. This will be a flight of almost 870 km in straight line (“à vol d’oiseau”, as we say in French)… It is 2 PM at Gate 3, Connellan airport. This is winter here and the outside temperetaure is a fresh 7°C. A bit chilly!

2016-8-21_18-8-26-446 small.jpg

Taxiing to the runway, some side taxiways explicitly states “MAX 5700KG”, the Lear has a MTOW that exceeds 6 tons so we cannot use these side taxiways.

2016-8-21_18-20-26-200 small.jpg

After takingoff from Rwy 13, we made a U-turn for a northward route to Halls Creek. View of the Uluru, aka Ayers Rock and the road leading to the Uluru Sunset Viewing Area.

2016-8-21_18-26-23-49 small.jpg

Ten seconds later, we fly over the small city of Yulara which is half-way between Connellan airport and the Ayers Rock. The circled green area is part of the Yumara campus of the Charles Darwin University.

2016-8-21_18-26-32-163 small.jpg

Only fifteen minutes after takeoff, we reach our cruise altitude (FLL340 for this flight). We are on a northwest route leaving behind us the Lake Amadeus. With a length of 180 km, it is the greatest salt lake of the Northern Territory. The salt crust is not thick and, under it, there is a brine rich in lithium. An estimated 600 million tons of salt is present but due to its remote location it would not be economically viable to harvest it.

2016-8-21_18-39-12-975 small.jpg

At our cruise altitude, on a north-north-west route, we cross the Mackay Lake, a large salt lake which stands at the northeast corner of the Gibson Desert.

2016-8-21_18-55-15-189 small.jpg

View of the Balgo Hill airport (YBGO) from the FL340 and the small city of Balgo, an aboriginal community well-known in Australia for its artists.

2016-8-21_19-16-17-255 small.jpg

We have begun our descent to our destination, passing FL220, descending to 12,000 feet. The area is more greenish and, in the distance, the large freshwater Lake Argyle can be seen … no more salt lakes!

2016-8-21_19-23-43-565 small.jpg

In the base leg for Rwy 22 at YHLC. there are some forests below, mainly eucalyptus. Some baobabs also can be found here and there in the savanna.

2016-8-21_20-28-1-164 small.jpg

Finale for Rwy 22, we fly over Halls Creek city.

2016-8-21_20-35-25-235 small.jpg

As already stated by Tobus: “A nice flight over endless but spectacular red and green central Australia". The surrouding area of the Kimberley is more hilly and a bit greener. We are parked at parking 1 at YHLC afetr a 1h20min flight from Connellan airport. The weather is just great, and the temperature outside is a warm 21°C.

2016-8-21_20-42-33-559 small.jpg

Récapitulatif vol YAYE-YHLC small.jpg

That's all folks!

Enjoy your ride!

Philippe

Aerosoft World Tour Logo OFFICIEL small.jpg

WFX478    32

LEG 78 : YAYE-YHLC
  ONLINE : IVAO
    DATE : 25.08.2016
TAKE OFF : 15:27z
 LANDING : 17:25z
CALLSIGN : DLH478
AIRCRAFT : Lockheed Constellation
   ROUTE : AYE FOLEY W272 BGO W593 HLC
DISTANCE : 501 NM
      FL : 160
 REMARKS : SIMULATING DAYLIGHT 

leg78.JPG

nealmac    244

Leg 80 : WPDL - WADD
Date : 25/8/16
Departure Time : 06:06 Zulu
Arrival Time : 07:47 Zulu
Aircraft : PMDG B737-8ERW CF
Planned Route : DIL W42 LMB LOMB1D
Cruise level : FL380

We take off from runway 08 making a sharp left turn climbing for 38000 feet

to.JPG

Just beginning our descent into Bali, ATC clears us to FL210

des.JPG

Down safely on runway 09 after taking the RNAV approach

landing.JPG

Parked at stand 43

park.JPG

Hello again one and all.

Moved House built new Cockpit setup and back in the air again Hooray.

LEG 78 Complete,

FPN AAW - 78 Leg 78 Date 26-08-16
Aircraft REG D-AMGL Callsign GVSA - VISTA001 Aircraft Type RJ85
DEP Airport YAYE – Ayers Rock Airport ARR Airport  YHLC – Halls Creek
DEP RWY 31 SID NA STAR NA  ARR RWY 22 Level 280
Route WINAL – FOLEY – BGO - HLC
Time Off 18:01 Time On  9:31 Flight Time 01:30
ATC IVAO UNICOM  
Remarks NA
Leg Distance 509 Total Distance 39714 Leg Time 01:30 Total Time 104:45

Cheerio,

Ruud    22

Hi guys,

Leg #80 YPDN Darwin to WPDL Comorro airport is finished, crossing over the Timor sea to arrive at East Timor.

Andras Meridian Airlines

Pilot ACARS : PIREP : Flight Details

Pilot ACARS : PIREP : Flight Details

AMA195

AMA195

8/27/2016

8/27/2016

FLIGHT #: RTWAS080

FLIGHT #: RTWAS080

Flight Information Click to collapse / expand

Pilot

AMA195

Flight Number

RTWAS080

Flight Type

Scheduled Cargo

Flight Date

8/27/2016

Service From

YPDN - Darwin Intl

Service To

WPDL - Comoro

Scheduled Depart Time

Scheduled Arrival Time

Total Flight Time

01h 07m

Flight Distance

451 Miles / 726 Km

Scheduled Aircraft

E50 - Embraer 500 Phenom 100

Aircraft Flown

Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300 N2612P

Block Times and Weather Information Click to collapse / expand

Block Out

10:41 LOCAL :: 10:38 FS TIME :: 2:38 ZULU

Block On

12:8 LOCAL :: 12:04 FS TIME :: 4:04 ZULU

Block Off

11:0 LOCAL :: 10:56 FS TIME :: 2:56 ZULU

Block In

12:12 LOCAL :: 12:08 FS TIME :: 4:08 ZULU

Block Off Weather

Clear :: 32 SM

Block On Weather

Clear :: 41 SM

Touchdown Speed

Touch Down VS

Final Flight Status

You arrived at WPDL - Comoro

A rather steep decent and I had to use my airbrakes to slow down the Embrear but the approach itself is beautiful.

Leaving Darwin

-2016-aug-27-004.jpg

East Timor comes in sight

-2016-aug-27-008.jpg

A view from the cockpit

-2016-aug-27-011.jpg

A beautiful landscape

-2016-aug-27-013.jpg

Crossing the mountain area to reach the other side of East Timor

-2016-aug-27-015.jpg

The aiport comes into sight

-2016-aug-27-016.jpg

The approach

-2016-aug-27-018.jpg

Cheers,

Ruud

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.