Error in performance file

Planning a PMDG B736 trip but keep getting this:  "Error in performance file: [ETOPS] Mode=Cruise, Weight=130176, Altitude=14000.

The aircraft data does include ETOPS and my trip is an ETOPS trip.  I'd look in the aircraft performance file (I have not added, all are default) but I can't find them (again). Not in User area and not in program data.

EDIT:  Okay found in users\public\documents.  I see a section named [EROPS], using search I cannot find [ETOPS].... is this the problem? Nope... having problems finding the error so i am unable to plan a 737-600 flight.

This is a file provided with PFPX.

Update:  I selected a non-ETOPS route of about 2100 nm for the 737-600 and PFPX says fuel requirement exceeds tank capacity (46 klbs). This is definitely wrong, same trip forecast in the FMC with headwinds reveals only about 24 klbs required.  Throw in  reserves and alternate still well within range.

I presume something is wrong with the default aircraft performance file. Very wrong.

Hello Dan,

Using the standard B736 aircraft entry I have just computed a standard flight successfully at 2400nm.

Can you post a snapshot of the general planning page showing the aircraft data, payload, fuel and route.

Is you aircraft entry generated from the PMDG template or base aircraft ?

Dan,

There are errors in the [EROPS] section of that file. The Engine Out cruise speed reference is incorrectly pointing to All Engines Mach.79 cruise and there's no Descent.4 Engine Out High Speed (MMO/VMO) data present.

If you rem out the EROPS section ( add a ; at start of each line) or just delete it altogether I couldn't see anything obvious which would prevent a non-ETOPs sector being calculated. The engine out cruise speeds have no maximum altitude data but that shouldn't affect normal 2 engine calculations.

Drop me a PM and I'll look to getting you a working file.

Jon

10 hours ago, srcooke said:

Hello Dan,

Using the standard B736 aircraft entry I have just computed a standard flight successfully at 2400nm.

Can you post a snapshot of the general planning page showing the aircraft data, payload, fuel and route.

Is you aircraft entry generated from the PMDG template or base aircraft ?

Thanks Stephen, I am using the only B736 template that I have: PMDG Boeing 737-600 NGX with CFM56-7B22 DAC engines.

Thanks Jon for the tip, I can edit that section without problem.

Here is my 2100 nm trip that exceeds tankage (not shown is alternate PANC):

Please login to display this image.

Many thanks for a second set of eyes.

Hello Dan,

The fuel warning occurs when selecting a fixed Mach cruise,using LRC or Cost Index works fine.

I don't get the error using a Mach speed with the 738 profile so perhaps there are errors in the 736 file.

Hi Stephen, yes you've tracked it down nicely to the fixed speeds. The speed referenced below minimum altitude for each Mach # doesn't exist and MinCruiseAlt for AE250 was too high. Correcting so that Mach speeds drop to AE310 (Cruise.2) below crossover and then down to AE250 below 10000ft does the trick, I'm a bit OCD with formatting so I've also changed all Mach names to 0.XX, but I doubt that's relevant. However single engine profile also have errors with no maximum altitude so that needs correcting before ETOPs calc will be possible. This seems to be a rogue profile that evaded testing! 

Dan, I've sent you a completely new/different B736 profile file by email. If that all looks good I'll make a new file publicly available.

Jon

Looking good here... had to create a new aircraft not from template then finally got the KLAS-PAFA trip to calculate expected results.  Had a couple of problems but now all better. Thanks all.

Archived