Aligning "fields" to always display under a heading

I am trying to construct a flight plan template. I cant get the PFPX fields to align under a heading in the "<&AlternatesAvailable>" section. See below:

What I want PFPX to show:

ALTERNATE                                     W/C                      DIST                   DIV TRIP                MIN FUEL
                                                                                                                 FUEL                       REQD
KPHL-PHILADELPHIA INTL           M011                        113                    5.200                       9.600
KBOS-LOGAN INTL (BOSTON)     P012                        184                    6.500                     11.100
KBWI-BALTIMORE WASH.             M026                       167                    6.500                     11.100
KIAD-WASHINGTON DULLES       M031                       230                    7.800                      12.600

What PFPX shows:

ALTERNATE                                   W/C                        DIST                    DIV TRIP                MIN FUEL
                                                                                                                 FUEL                       REQD
KPHL-PHILADELPHIA INTL     P002    81     3393    XX.XXX
KBWI-BALTIMORE/WASHINGTON INTL THUR     M001    160     5338    XX.XXX
KBOS-LOGAN INTL     M002    163     5373    XX.XXX
KIAD-WASHINGTON DULLES INTL     M004    201     6292    XX.XXX

As you can see, it is all over the place. Any help appreciated.

Have a look at the Flight Plan Template Guide (downloadable from the FlightSimSoft site).  It explains how to fix your problem.

Basically, easy way is to make your fields always a certain length.  For example, <&Altn1[0]:15>

The :15 bit will make sure the field is always 15 characters long, making it easy to calculate where things will end up.

Hope this helps,

Rudy

See the special formatting section:
#     symbol
Special formatting field (E.g. <&#[2]:30> causes the field to begin at the 30st character from left
and ensures that two characters left ofthe field are blank

This in effect, lets you specify the column to begin the next field  so you can align columns

Example:  Note this sets the Weight fields to begin at column 35  and specifies length values for each field 

FUEL   TIME       PLAN  WEIGHT   STRUC LIMIT
ENROUTE BURN     <&TripFuel[7]:4>   <&TripTime[10]:5><&#[2]:35>OEW   <&DOW[6]:6>    
<&ContingencyFuelSection_Begin><&ContingencyFuelCaption:15>  <&ContingencyFuel[7]:4>   <&ContingencyTime[10]:5><&ContingencyFuelSection_End>
CONT/HOLD        <&HoldFuel[7]:4>   <&HoldTime[10]:5><&#[2]:35>PYLD  <&Payload[6]:6>

Bruce is right - if you're doing a Navlog or something, some strange things happen using my field length method.  Use the method he describes if things don't work as expected.

I think you method is the best Rudy because the titles/names of the alternates will change every time. The second method is great, but only for when the titles/names remain fixed.

in any case, I'll try both and report back. Thanks.

Hi can you help me I dowload the airbus X extended when I do the take of I put gear up and when I am going to put the autopilot it doesn't follows the route that I route in the CDU and it turn left and right  uncontrollably HELP ME email camiloswat27@gmail.com

• 4 months later...

Archived