Airbus X Extended Causes Missing Scenery

A380adrian

Hi all, i hope i've posted to the correct place!

About a week ago i noticed that water in a radius below me simply disappears, and all that's left are grey patches replacing this water, this occurred while flying with the Airbus X Extended. I fixed it by simply turning up the water effects from medium low to high. This glitch ONLY happened over water, and effected lakes i was flying over, but not any of the land. However, yesterday i was flying in Europe, with the Airbus X Extended, using default scenery (apart from FTX Global), and the same glitch happened, only this time over land, instead of water. I've tried turning up the settings to fix it, like it did with the water, but this did nothing. Just seems a bit weird that both times a glitch has happened, it's been with the airbus, while other times flying with, say the PMDG, i've noticed no performance issues. I took off from England using the FTX England, and there was no glitches to be seen, flew across the channel and suddenly over Europe it appeared. Please help. If you have any further question - ask!

Thanks

Adrian

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not an Airbus problem, but clearly a sign that your system is not able to handle the dataload in certain situations. So only solution is to change your settings as you already did.

5 hours ago, mopperle said:

Not an Airbus problem, but clearly a sign that your system is not able to handle the dataload in certain situations. So only solution is to change your settings as you already did.

Otto is absolutely correct on this.

If you'll post your system specs, the simulator you're running, simulator settings (screen shots would be best) and what tweaks (if any) you have installed I'm sure we wouldn't mind taking a look to see if we might have any recommendations that might help.

My very best wishes.

Archived