trouble updating AIRAC

Hello,

I'm currently having trouble installing the latest AIRAC 1608 into PFPX. I bought PFPX a few weeks ago and I barely came around to installing it late last night. Now that I have, it currently has the 1302 version. I downloaded the newest AIRAC 1608 and installed it manually like I do with my other aircraft, i.e. A320, etc.  that uses Navigraph AIRAC files. However, after installing 1608 into the correct directory: C:\aerosoft\Professional Flight Planner X\PFPX Data and restarting PFPX, looking at the database within PFPX, it still shows version 1302. How can I fix this issue? Attached are some screenshots. Notice in the second photo that I placed the Navigraph file 1608 inside the PFPX folder after I download PFPX to keep everything together, that way I don't accidentally lose it.

Brgds

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why are you not using the Navigraph Software to install the cycle? The path you are installing to is simply wrong.

Because:

1). I never used the Navigraph software to install any of the AIRAC updates for years. I have no issues installing the update manually and works perfectly fine for me as I experience no issues when I'm flying. Simply put,  the Navigraph software, in my opinion, is for people who don't know where or how to install the updates. If it works for me installing the updated manually, then why do I need the software for? I guess it's a matter of preference.

2). As for the location in PFPX, I've read a few topics in this matter and the way or location where the update is to go is correct unless that directory has changed with the recent updates to PFPX. I'm running Windows 10, if that makes a difference.

So, why don't you tell me what the correct location should be rather than telling me the location where I have it at now is wrong.

Tom A320,

Thank you for your feedback. After doing a little searching for the location as how you have it, I install the latest Navdata "1608" into it and now I'm update to date.  I probably misunderstood from the other posts I read, where to install the navdata at. Once again, thank you.

Brgds

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived