VoxATC is terrible for the Airbus

Flying this aircraft is a charm. Using real world routes and procedures, smooth. However, don't try it with VoxATC, because it sure knows how to spoil a wet dream at your approach. It's a beef I'll have to take with VoxATC, not an Airbus issue. Can't understand why if I'm using the same flight plan I'm using for the Airbus, is the same flight plan I load on to VoxATC, and Active Sky Next, it always has a tendency to keep me up in the clouds to long, and not enough time to descent and land at the correct runway. VoxATC has to many glitches, it's easier just to use the default ATC. Better yet, just go the VATSIM route.

Interesting you get cleared for the descent too late. I always get descent instructions way too early (10 nm to 40 nm). However, you do not need to initiated the descent on ATC instruction with VoxATC and you can always request the descent. For the inital climb and approach you need to supply VoxATC with current nav cylcles so it nows SIDs/STARs and approach procedures. Always request "full approaches" according to the published procedures. Vectors for the approach will just guide you into a mountain side or keep you busy flying impossible circles over the airport. In addition I recommend keeping the AI traffic settings low. Otherwise you will be unable to takeoff from larger airports without burning off all your fuel on the ground and get some TCAS warnings once you managed to get airborne. With that in mind you most likley will enjoy your flight. Personally I really like the voice interaction to VoxATC but to be honest it's way overpriced. It surely can't be compared to talking to a human but gives you insight into RW ATC communication and a possibility to practice that.

I didn't think VoxATC was overpriced, but I think it is a little overrated. I always keep my AIRAC cycle current on all my products. I use SimBreaf.com for my flight planning, and I also keep the current cycle active there too. I do request lower for arrival when I see myself passing the top of descent and realizing that the only chance of making the approach altitude is almost by diving like a Kamikaze pilot. I'm sure that wouldn't be good for passenger comfort! LOL

Archived