EDDF & EGLL Updates??

Terblanche

Hi Aerosoft,

Please see a message I sent on the 19th April and never received a reply please can you ask the developer to look at EGLL performance and update, it seems an exclusion file was left out of the original release.

Thanks

Duncan

Hi Thorsten,

Sorry for contacting you directly but I have to ask just a few questions if I may about products you have developed.I am a P3D V3 user and have purchased both Heathrow Xtended and Mallorca Evolution both developed by you. My question is as follows: 

Heathrow Xtended - Are you planning on releasing further updates as I know that at present in the P3D version the Traffic.EXE file is not present whereas in the Mallorca Evolution the tool is available and is useful for removing apron traffic etc.. increasing performance. This would a good update.

Secondly Mallorca Evolution - Please can you update it to work with P3D V3. The scenery does not work in P3D V3.

Thanks

Duncan Odgers

• 3 weeks later...
On 21.8.2016 at 08:50, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I will discuss this with the Project Manager

So did you discuss with the project manager already? Still desparately waiting for some light at the end of the tunnel...

@FWAviation - with the new FSLabs A320X out there has been a lot of tweaking and debat between DX9 and DX10 and after a lot of experimenting and reading what other people suggest, I finally have my system setup to fly effortlessly in and out of EDDF without any OOMs ... 

Attached are my fsx.cfg and Nvidia Inspector setup file for FSX. Feel free to use it ... just compare and adjust your fsx.cfg settings according to mine and remember to make a backup of yours.

It is the best compromise between performance and texture quality and I will almost guarantee that this will be "some light in the tunnel"

PS: If anyone want the DX10 setting for *.cfg and *.nip files you can PM me and I will send them, although after a lot of hours between the two I've opted to remain in DX9 with the settings as they are in the two files. 

fsx_DX9_16Sep1016.CFG

FSX_DX9_16Sep2016.nip

vor 9 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Sorry I do not have any new information. That means an update for sure is not coming soon.

Thank you for the heads up. That's a bit disappointing, but my question was also whether there's any possibility at all that there might be a configuration tool or some other tricks/modifications in order to reduce the VAS load sometime in the future. Can the project manager or, even better, the GAP team give a rough estimate at least regarding that? Again, I'm not asking about a date or an update in the very near future (even if that would be preferrable), just about the general chances for such an update. I seriously hope that now that the FS9 version of EDDF is complete, the GAP team finds more time to think about such things.

vor 1 hour , Terblanche sagte:

@FWAviation - with the new FSLabs A320X out there has been a lot of tweaking and debat between DX9 and DX10 and after a lot of experimenting and reading what other people suggest, I finally have my system setup to fly effortlessly in and out of EDDF without any OOMs ... 

Attached are my fsx.cfg and Nvidia Inspector setup file for FSX. Feel free to use it ... just compare and adjust your fsx.cfg settings according to mine and remember to make a backup of yours.

It is the best compromise between performance and texture quality and I will almost guarantee that this will be "some light in the tunnel"

PS: If anyone want the DX10 setting for *.cfg and *.nip files you can PM me and I will send them, although after a lot of hours between the two I've opted to remain in DX9 with the settings as they are in the two files. 

fsx_DX9_16Sep1016.CFG

FSX_DX9_16Sep2016.nip

Thank you for the advice, Terblance! I will test the settings when I find the time.

Terblanche,

Firstly, can I thank you for all your hard work in trying to help us all resolve the OOMs issues! I tried your set up files, but in truth, they did not really work for my setup. I have removed everything else, such as the huge landclass file. Unfortunately, today, whilst flying online I hit the OOMs as I was approaching the Gate. (I didn't even dare use the spot view!). Really great scenery but for the short term I'm going to use the previous AS Frankfurt scenery which is still an excellent version. Like others, I'm hoping the developers can produce something to help us all out.

Best,

Keith

On 9/22/2016 at 5:20 PM, keithgiannni said:

Firstly, can I thank you for all your hard work in trying to help us all resolve the OOMs issues!

My gut feel tells me the chances are a decimal for Aerosoft and/or developers to bring an update for EDDF ... seeing that EGLL (two years later) had no update. It is sad indeed because EDDF is such an important hub within Europe.

Been playing around with some possible fixes around OOMs and I have come up with something that works for me using FSX. It may, of course NOT work for you!

1. Place your biggest OOMS a/c on a gate at EDDF. (Note the VAS).

2. In Settings-Display I reduced Global Texture Resolution to High. Scenery I reduced the sliders on the left to approximately half way, kept water at High 2X.  Scenery Complex and Autogen density to Normal. Click OK.

3. Back to Options, Settings then SAVE the settings you have just made in the save section and name it. (Well documented FSX option!). Check the VAS and you will notice a reduction.

4. Return your settings to what you had originally and also SAVE these settings and name.

5. Restart FSX. Load your  EDDF settings in the free flight page. Place the a/c on a gate. Check the VAS, it is much reduced. I found it remained for me in the region of 3.0, whereas previously it go as much as 3.7.  Once airborne and clear of EDDF, (or when you want) load your original settings.

I tried a flight from EGLL (UK Scenery) to EDDF using the PMDG 738. Starting VAS at EGLL was around 3.1 rising max to 3.3. Flew the STAR for a 07L approach. As soon as the VAS approached 3.6 I loaded the EDDF settings. Interestingly, there was no change in the initial VAS. BUT, I found it only climbed to a max of 3.8 which included approach, taxi and parking at the Gate. I also allowed myself the luxury of a spot view on the ground with a slight increase (to 3.8 max) in VAS. I will try it next with the AS Airbus. Previously with the 738 I would hit the OOMs on approach.

Lastly, for those of us who enjoy on line events, there is a way to access  the old AS scenery V1.0 EDDF scenery if you do not want to risk an OOM. I simply created a folder in my second hard drive called FSX2. Placed a copy of the FSX.exe in the folder. I installed my  old EDDF AS scenery into the FSX2. I then opened up the main FSX folder. Unchecked the new EDDF and Landclass. Then added the old EDDF to the scenery database. There appears no conflict provided one is unchecked.

As I said above. This works for me in FSX, it may not for you!

Best,

Keith

@keithgiannni - interesting observation around 'SAVING SETTINGS' and the influence on VAS ... will give it a try.

Just Remember that in FSX everytime you open the settings and Save it, it WILL change the FSX.cfg section TML in 1024, and no more 2048 ( you have to close FSX, open FSX.cfg ,modiffied back to 2048, save and retry. [emoji6]

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI SCL-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Archived