Split X: weird ground textures after new APC

daschla

Hello all,

After having installed a new APC with the update of Zurich V1.03, I have weird ground textures at Split X:

It seems that some ground textures are partly covering Split X but I never had any other Split Scenery installed and I have no clue where this problem comes from. Any help and support is very appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel

Hello,

Sorry for asking again but is somebody able to help me with the issue in the post above? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Daniel

@Premek Hi Premek, thank you for your support. I don't use ORBX Vector but after some troubleshooting I found out that there is not only a problem with the ground texture at the car parking but that all yellow tarmac markings are missing and the runway is not grey as it should be but dark black (like the default runway texture). This was last Wednesday when I have posted my problem for the first time not the case yet and I have in mind that the problem has started after I have installed the new update of Zurich (V1.03 with a new APController according to the changelog). As this was suspect to me, I have decided to deinstall and reinstall Prague (V1.04) in the hope that this might have a positve influence on Split because it's also using APController. I also checked if I am running the latest version of APController. And for whatever reason, the tarmac markings and the grey runway in Split came back after reinstallation of Prague but the problem with the ground texture at the car parking still exists. I have no clue why a reinstallation of Prague has an impact on Split but it seems that it might have to do something with the APController. Do you have an idea how to solve this issue? Any help is very appreciated and I thank you for your support.

Edit: It seems that also the file "cvxLDSP_FLAT" is involved in this issue in some way.

Kind regards,

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Hi Daniel,

0) go to your "Settings - Display / Terrain and water" and keep your "Mesh resolution" to 1m (not less and not more then that)´, can you still see this issue?
If this dosen't help then i have some first questions for you.

Can you please tell us in which situation you see this issue.
1) When you start directly from LDSP or from the other two airports near it? (LDSR, LDHD)
2) Did you start your course to LDSP from a airport that uses APC? (EDDT, LSZH, LKPR)

The file "cvxLDSP_FLAT" includes all relevant landclasses of Croatia (like satelite based shorelines, rivers, villages, autogen) and the right hight of Split airport (which is 23.774 meters above water).
Some addons (*for example traffic or even ORBX-Landclasses, but not APC) are installing their own "cvxICAO_FLAT" files which are sometimes over the priority of Split in your list of scenery library.

Such files or settings such as below are able to deactivate our project files and people did have simular experiences..
What happens? The default fsx/p3d mesh (driven by the addon) is taking over the "in game" hight-calculation and it can cover even whole airports.

In your case and from what i see on your sreenshot, the "cvxLDSP_FLAT" file is active, because i see my own fallback-landclasses!
So it looks like that point 0 had a different setting then 1m. 

Some of my secondary questions:

3) Which priority have LDSP, LKPR and LSZH in your "scenery library" settings?
4) Which Addon/Scenery have higher priopity as those in point 3?

5) Please use the default Cessna (Skyhawk) and tell us which hight did you get on the LDSP-runway, If you see 24.9 Meters then everything is fine with this point. 

Do not forget to read this:

On 9.9.2016 at 16:24, Kon/nos Iordanidis-Garbes sagte:

Hi Daniel,

0) go to your "Settings - Display / Terrain and water" and keep your "Mesh resolution" to 1m (not less and not more then that)´, can you still see this issue?
If this dosen't help then i have some first questions for you.

Can you please tell us in which situation you see this issue.
1) When you start directly from LDSP or from the other two airports near it? (LDSR, LDHD)
2) Did you start your course to LDSP from a airport that uses APC? (EDDT, LSZH, LKPR)

The file "cvxLDSP_FLAT" includes all relevant landclasses of Croatia (like satelite based shorelines, rivers, villages, autogen) and the right hight of Split airport (which is 23.774 meters above water).
Some addons (*for example traffic or even ORBX-Landclasses, but not APC) are installing their own "cvxICAO_FLAT" files which are sometimes over the priority of Split in your list of scenery library.

Such files or settings such as below are able to deactivate our project files and people did have simular experiences..
What happens? The default fsx/p3d mesh (driven by the addon) is taking over the "in game" hight-calculation and it can cover even whole airports.

In your case and from what i see on your sreenshot, the "cvxLDSP_FLAT" file is active, because i see my own fallback-landclasses!
So it looks like that point 0 had a different setting then 1m. 

Some of my secondary questions:

3) Which priority have LDSP, LKPR and LSZH in your "scenery library" settings?
4) Which Addon/Scenery have higher priopity as those in point 3?

5) Please use the default Cessna (Skyhawk) and tell us which hight did you get on the LDSP-runway, If you see 24.9 Meters then everything is fine with this point. 

Do not forget to read this:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help below. I would like to answer your questions as follows:

0) Settings (Mesh Resolution): I have changed the mesh resolution from 38m to 1m and it helped a bit but unfortunately now I don't have any apron markings (see picture below):

1) I start the flight directly from LDSP.

2) I also use LSZH, LKPR and EDDT but with the exception of LSZH (which is my home airport) all other airports are deactivated in the scenery library.

3) Library priority: 1. AES / 2. Aerosoft Afd / 3. World Timezones / 4. LSZH / 5. LKPR / 6. EDDT / 7. LSDP

4) See 3)

5) For the airport altitude, please see picture below.

As you can also see in the following picture, in the front of terminal building there is something wrong with the ground texture as well:

Your help is very much appreciated and I am looking forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Hello,

Just a short note to let you know that after changing the mesh resolution in the fsx.cfg to 1m and after deinstalling the airport and a new installation of Split X, everything seems to work fine now:

So, the problem is solved and I would like to thank you for your help and support.

Kind regards,

Daniel

• Jan_AS locked this topic

Archived