ATR72-500

Hi, it seems the Power control Knob on teh ATR went Bung in teh latest 10.5 Beta releases. Certainly does not work in teh last 3 including beta 6 which  I have done over a clean 10.4 copy.. I have sumitted a bug report to Laminar.

On 12.7.2016 at 11:04, mjrhealth sagte:

Hi, it seems the Power control Knob on teh ATR went Bung in teh latest 10.5 Beta releases. Certainly does not work in teh last 3 including beta 6 which  I have done over a clean 10.4 copy.. I have sumitted a bug report to Laminar.

What exactly does not work with that knob? Can you move it, but it doesn't have an effect, or can you not even move it?

It's good that you reported that also to Laminar. We have to see how it behaves in the final 10.50, once that is available. If the problem persists and other uses have the same issue, we have to do further investigations. Then maybe something in XP 10.50 might required aircraft adjustments.

Hi MArio. Knob doesnton move at all.  in 10.45 I can move the hardware prop lever and it wil move the knob, although not in the right places, in the beta version it wont move at all, wheter i click the knob or move the prop lever. It is as if it isnt reading teh tata. The click positions do change to a hand they just dont do anything. Just means i have to use teh harware proplever plane still flyable. Hasnt worked in last 3 betas including 6. Everything else seems fine so far.

There is also another problem with ATR 72-500 and xp 10.50. The props rotation visual effect has been changed with the introduction of v10.50. Until beta 5 they were completely stationary, but with beta 6 they only rotate slowly. Probably this comes from the "dual superimposed props" effect of the ATR because if you see the plane from the right/left side  you'll see the front (darkest) propeller rotating slowly and the rear (semi-transparent) rotating quickly. According to the developers, they have introduced  new propeller animation visuals so this must be the reason.

On 15.7.2016 at 00:19, mjrhealth sagte:

Hi MArio. Knob doesnton move at all.  in 10.45 I can move the hardware prop lever and it wil move the knob, although not in the right places, in the beta version it wont move at all, wheter i click the knob or move the prop lever. It is as if it isnt reading teh tata. The click positions do change to a hand they just dont do anything. Just means i have to use teh harware proplever plane still flyable. Hasnt worked in last 3 betas including 6. Everything else seems fine so far.

Hi mjrhealth,

could you please provide us with more data of what exactly does not work? The best would be several screenshots, so we can send them to the developers of the aircraft.

You can take a screenshot by pressing SHIFT + SPACE; it will be stored into the "Output" folder within the X-Plane main folder. When you attach them to your answer, please convert them to jpg format first, to make file size smaller.

Thanks!

Mario

Aircrfat manual page 65 Figure 75. PWR MGT PAnel. That knob. It dosnt have Prop levers. The prop is controlled by that knob (auto) but in the beta versions it does nothing. It is stuck. As far as teh propeller animation issue, looked at it in b7 didnrt see any problems.

Knob has 4 positions which you click on depending on what phase of teh flight you are in. As i said previously, teh click spots indicate but teh knob does not funtion its stuck full left. This means if you have hardware levers you need to use them instead. As i also stated previously, it obviously ready teh prop lever position, as in teh 10.4 the knob will rottate if you phyically move a hardware prop lever. in teh beta version as i said teh knob does nothing, its stuck.

Thanks

On 25.7.2016 at 11:11, mjrhealth sagte:

Aircrfat manual page 65 Figure 75. PWR MGT PAnel. That knob. It dosnt have Prop levers. The prop is controlled by that knob (auto) but in the beta versions it does nothing. It is stuck. As far as teh propeller animation issue, looked at it in b7 didnrt see any problems.

Knob has 4 positions which you click on depending on what phase of teh flight you are in. As i said previously, teh click spots indicate but teh knob does not funtion its stuck full left. This means if you have hardware levers you need to use them instead. As i also stated previously, it obviously ready teh prop lever position, as in teh 10.4 the knob will rottate if you phyically move a hardware prop lever. in teh beta version as i said teh knob does nothing, its stuck.

Hello,

thanks for the description. However, please make a screenshot of it anyway. We need to see how it looks on your computer; the manual screenshot won't help.

While you are at it, please also provide your log.txt.

As I said taking pic wont help its just a knob. But here it is in deafult start position, Usually have to click to get it into the correct spot. and log file too. Oh with hardware prop lever disableled. makes no diff.

Log (2).txt

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hello,

I have done a short check with the ATR-72-500 and X-Plane 10.50 RC1 now:

The PWR MGT knob is now working. Fixed from Laminar Research in RC 1:  Fixes dead prop power knob in ATR-72 (XPD-6420).

The version you shall see with the menu "About" - "About X-Plane": X-Plane 10.50r1 (64bit).

But keep in mind, 10.50r1 is a beta!

Greets Heinz

• 1 month later...
vor 14 Stunden , wiebe sagte:

With me the power setting knob rotates all the time in 10.50. Should I reinstall?

First of all I would delete the files in the "Output/Preferences" folder (within the X-Plane folder).

The knob is attached to the prop lever if you have hardware. Moving the prop lever will move the knob. You may need to set the pop lever to max than use the mouse to set theknob, which is what i do.

Archived