July 2016 Screen Shot Competition - Airport/Ramp/Taxi Congestion

• Deputy Sheriffs

Summer is upon us and everyone is trying to find that getaway to the many exotic destinations already swarming with tourists.  The downside is Summer travel is brings with it delays incurred by ATC, weather and maintenance which evolves into one big melting pot for long waits, return to gates for additional fuel due to ATC re-routes or irate passengers being non-compliant, etc.  Lets show an airport scene with lots of AI waiting to takeoff or a congested ramp area due to gridlock.

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image

Please login to display this image.

Let's have some fun....Good Luck TO ALL!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Pay close ATTENTION to the title - Airport/Ramp/Taxi Congestion  - congestion being the operative word

Swiss A320 on the DEGES2W with some heavies on the midfield terminal and some regional aircrafts on I-stands (mostly Avroliners)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2016 at 5:04 AM, Captain Doctor said:

Holidays in norway and a lot of work for air traffic controllers :D

That one has my vote.

14 hours ago, Airbus A330 said:

Here is my congestion screenshot. You can delete the other one :)

What part of ...

On 3-7-2016 at 0:35 AM, kroswynd said:

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image

... is difficult to understand ? Not exactly " fair " to others either , or is everyone allowed to change their mind too ?

vor 13 Stunden , John Glanville sagte:

What part of ...

... is difficult to understand ? Not exactly " fair " to others either , or is everyone allowed to change their mind too ?

You're right John. Changing one's mind is unfair. BUT @tcx and @Airbus A330 are allowed to change it because they were among the first posters and couldn't take notice of the latter hint by @kroswynd regarding:

On 6.7.2016 at 03:03, kroswynd sagte:

congestion being the operative word

In this way, forbidding them to change their entry would be even more unfair as all later submitters had the opportunity to read kroswyind's hint.

By the way, only @jaydor got it at the first moment :clapping_s:

Last months " contest " also had members " changing " their minds . It's not as if ( after making an error ) you will never have another chance to " win " anything , simply wait for next months " contest " . The title is be clear enough ..." Airport/Ramp/Taxi Congestion " , if you don't know what congestion is , you can always look it up on the net ( from what I understand , that's what it is there for - not just for looking at " naughty " pictures ) .

A failure to read what is asked for in a screenshot shouldn't  mean that you get a " do over " . So the " As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image " really means " Unless you didn't understand what is asked " , I hardly think so . Putting more thought into something BEFORE taking action is more of a guarantee for success , than just blindly posting your personal favourite screenshot of the moment .

Simply put , what's the point of having " rules " , if they're going to be ignored ?

You can of course at any time edit your first post to insert a new picture, that should not be a problem.

Please do not post things like "you can delete my first post" though as those can create confusion. just edit it yourself and insert the new image on your own.

1 image refers to the submission for review at the end of the contest.
You may post just one picture, but you can exchange that one as often as you want until the competition is closed. Just do it inside your original post using the Edit button and do not make a new post for it please.

The thing is Emanuel , you can't edit your posts ( I can't for any of my recent posts ) . Also what would happen to any up or down votes that you may have received for the original post ( if you could edit the post )?

I still find that by putting more thought into a screenshot and the subject matter before posting negates any need to change the entry , 1 image should mean just that , 1 image , i.e. ONE entry per member per competition . If you are not happy with your effort ( for whatever reason ) , put it down to experience and then waiit for next months competition and try again . It's not as though you are playing for a main prize of millions ( in whatever currency ) .

By allowing members to " change " their screenshot , they could change their screenshot 30 times in a month ( very confusing ) !

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok I will clear the air on this one.  As Emi mentioned , one can always change the image by using the edit function, but it appears that this feature may not be accessible to all.  The ONLY reason that I was going to allow one or two members to change their image is that I made a statement after seeing a few images posted.  

On 7/5/2016 at 9:03 PM, kroswynd said:

Pay close ATTENTION to the title - Airport/Ramp/Taxi Congestion  - congestion being the operative word

The contests have themes for a specific reason  - I was merely attempting to have the poster a chance to make the correction.  So to avoid any further misunderstandings.  The image posted will be the image considered for the contest - you can of course change it within the allotted time before the "edit" option goes away.

Cheers

Archived