BERLIN TEGEL X - Seasonal ground textures issue

skipy33

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I already ask for support here and with a ticket but no one helps me.

On Tegel X I have an issue with seasonal ground texture on taxiways and apron. In Winter and fall, during daytime only, I get black squares instead of tarmac. In Summer and spring no problem at all.

Look the pictures. At gate during a winter day and clearing the runway in winter the changing fsx time to summer.

I already tried uninstall / install without success. DOES ANYBODY HAS THE SAME ISSUE?

Thanks. Skip.

Please login to display this image.

which SIM (FSX/FSX-SE/PeD V2,V3.xx)?

DX9 / 10 ? (Fixer?)

ORBX (LC Europe / Vector?)

UTX Europe?

other (Photo) Scenery?

other EDDT AFCADs (eg. from MyTraffic) ?

Hi again,

I performed some tests and I think the problem is around EDDT_Dirt6.dds not displayed in fall/winter. In Spring/Summer I have dirt on the apron.

If I replaced it with renamed EDDT_Dirt5.dds I get touchdown tires tracks on the apron in spring/summer and black squares in fall/winter.

Skip.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

No, I didn't find any solution. I got the same problem replacing the texture file used by an other so I think it's a code issue and not a texture one :-(. During fall and winter we must avoid day time until a patch is released.

Skip.

Hello 

I got the exact same problem as Skip. The only fix for me was to change the date, it looks like I only can use the summer and spring textures in my FSX too.

Does anyone know what Aerosoft have to say about the issue? 

Johnni 

Hi John,

Another workaround to fly Tegel X during winter and fall  is to avoid daytime departure or arrival.

The only answer I've got from Aerosoft support is: "We can't contact the developer. We can offer you another product as refund".

Skip.

6 hours ago, skipy33 said:

Hi John,

Another workaround to fly Tegel X during winter and fall  is to avoid daytime departure or arrival.

The only answer I've got from Aerosoft support is: "We can't contact the developer. We can offer you another product as refund".

Skip.

If that is true, then that should apply to everyone who have purchased the scenery?, did you actually get another scenery as compensation?

7 hours ago, skipy33 said:

Hi John,

Skip.

That could be a workaround, but I didn't pay 25 euros only to visit Tegel at night during fall and winter ;) I'm currently waiting an answar on a support ticket I made yeasterday.

The refund almost sounds to good to be true :P 

Johnni

Frederik, I agree, at present the Tegel scenery is not fit for purpose. Sad really I think with a little more work the Dev could get all the bugs ironed out. In the mean time a replacement airfield would be a good gesture.

Aerosoft Support only proposed to refund me if I uninstall Tegel X and buy another product the same price or higher... So I refused.

Their official last position was they had no answer from the developer.

Skip.

Archived