Scenery not loading

NickM

Hi, ever since i installed this, All of my aerosoft scenery hasn't been loading when i fly into it from somewhere. It will partially load like the runways in grey or black and some main buildings but not proper textures. So i have no lights, no markings, no centerline or anything, just blank textures. It happens everywhere, Frankfurt V2, Zurich V2 etc. It doesn't matter which aircraft weather its the Aibus or PMDG 777 or PMDG 737. It's extremely frustrating flying and entire flight and then going to land and u don't have a functional airport. PLEASE HELP! note, i did install the  Microsoft VC++ 2015 which i didn't have before, as instructed when i was getting help for the airbus crashing.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is technically simply impossible that the FMGS.DLL file causes the problem you are describing. Especially in situations where no Airbus is involved at all. There must have happened something else on your machine.

For a simple proof just revert to the file version you replaced by the hotfix (assuming you backed it up). 

Would you please post the fext from your FSX.CFG file (or P3D.CFG file if your using P3D)?

Please also post your complete system specs, and if possible a screen of your FSX / P3D Graphics settings.

Thanks!

On 26/06/2016 at 4:32 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Would you please post the fext from your FSX.CFG file (or P3D.CFG file if your using P3D)?

Please also post your complete system specs, and if possible a screen of your FSX / P3D Graphics settings.

Thanks!

It sometimes happens in other aircraft and always on the Airbus. Also, in the Airbus, if i switch views with the panel lights on, sometimes they wont come back for a minute or two. Also, did you want me to go in my P3D.cfg and copy everything and paste it here. I will also try to get some screenshots.

On 26/06/2016 at 1:27 PM, Tom A320 said:

It is technically simply impossible that the FMGS.DLL file causes the problem you are describing. Especially in situations where no Airbus is involved at all. There must have happened something else on your machine.

For a simple proof just revert to the file version you replaced by the hotfix (assuming you backed it up). 

This is what it looks like, not fully loaded. In other airports, even less loads. I just flew the 777 into LSZH and it loaded so Tom, it is actually just with the Airbus i think. 

Please login to display this image.

On 26.6.2016 at 22:32, DaveCT2003 sagte:

Thanks!

and in addition - check if the is another LSZH AFCAD (e.g. MyTraffic) active

4 hours ago, NickM said:

did you want me to go in my P3D.cfg and copy everything and paste it here

Yes please.  I wasn't sure if you were running FSX or P3D, but even if it's P3D it will still be helpful.

Also, please list your system specs, including how much memory you're running.

It would also be good to know how much VAS you have remaining when you're on approach.

I will get the p3d.cfg when i have a second, specs are Asus G11, intel i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX960 2tb hdd (where P3D is), 16 gb RAM and Windows 10-64 bit

Thanks Nick. I'm going to away for the next 16 hours, but I'll give things a look when I get back. I'm sure we can get this worked out.  If you can, would you please upload a copy of your P3D.CFG to Drop Box or a similar place and give me a link?  It would be much easier.

Thanks again.

18 hours ago, data63 said:

and in addition - check if the is another LSZH AFCAD (e.g. MyTraffic) active

That is very good advice, and it's something I often forget since I don't run MyTraffic (banging on my head for forgetting that).

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks Nick. I'm going to away for the next 16 hours, but I'll give things a look when I get back. I'm sure we can get this worked out.  If you can, would you please upload a copy of your P3D.CFG to Drop Box or a similar place and give me a link?  It would be much easier.

Thanks again.

That is very good advice, and it's something I often forget since I don't run MyTraffic (banging on my head for forgetting that).

Hi Dave, ill do that when i can. I don't run and traffic and where should i be looking?

Nick, if you run any AI Aircraft addon, they all add another AFCAD to the scenery library. Sometimes this is done by adding them to a folder that FSX/P3D scans at startup and sometimes it's added directly to the scenery.cfg by the program itself (like some addon scenery does). Of course it's also possible that you may have had a freeware version of the airport (or even just an AFCAD) installed at some point and it's still there in one of the folders or could even still be active.

The very best way I know to check is to use SceneryConfigEditor , a freeware program that allows you to search for (visually or via a search function), add, remove, activate, deactivate, prioritize and group scenery, all with FSX/P3D not running (actually, you DON'T ever want the simulator running when you use SceneryConfigEditor).  It's a freeware program which I've used for many, many years. I think you'll enjoy it.

As far as the folders where the AFCAD may be, the P3D\Scenery folder and P3D\Addon Scenery folders are the best places to start. If you had a previous payware version of the airport, look to see if the installation created a new folder for it (such as Aerosoft, Flightbeam, FS Dream Team and other sceneries do.

On 29/06/2016 at 4:57 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Nick, if you run any AI Aircraft addon, they all add another AFCAD to the scenery library. Sometimes this is done by adding them to a folder that FSX/P3D scans at startup and sometimes it's added directly to the scenery.cfg by the program itself (like some addon scenery does). Of course it's also possible that you may have had a freeware version of the airport (or even just an AFCAD) installed at some point and it's still there in one of the folders or could even still be active.

The very best way I know to check is to use SceneryConfigEditor , a freeware program that allows you to search for (visually or via a search function), add, remove, activate, deactivate, prioritize and group scenery, all with FSX/P3D not running (actually, you DON'T ever want the simulator running when you use SceneryConfigEditor).  It's a freeware program which I've used for many, many years. I think you'll enjoy it.

As far as the folders where the AFCAD may be, the P3D\Scenery folder and P3D\Addon Scenery folders are the best places to start. If you had a previous payware version of the airport, look to see if the installation created a new folder for it (such as Aerosoft, Flightbeam, FS Dream Team and other sceneries do.

Thanks Dave, I dont use AI at all. Even on VATSIM i use the default P3D aircraft to save frames.... The scenery config editior says FS2004/FSX but will it work for P3D?

• 1 month later...

So i reinstalled the airbus and this is still happening. This was at EDDF v2. What the heck is happening. This aircraft is useless in my sim.

Nick,

You still owe us your system specs and .CFG file. If you don't provide the information, we can't help you.

Instead of copying and pasting your CFG file contents, just zip and attach to your post.

well, from the pics it looks like a hopelessly overloaded PC (Laptop ?) - but without a small hint about the system it's really hard to guess anything

17 hours ago, data63 said:

well, from the pics it looks like a hopelessly overloaded PC (Laptop ?)

Well, it certainly could be.  But as you said, we'll need his system specs and CFG file (to check his settings).

On 8/16/2016 at 0:39 PM, NickM said:

his was at EDDF v2. What the heck is happening.

Looking forward to hearing back from you my friend.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2016 at 7:54 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, it certainly could be.  But as you said, we'll need his system specs and CFG file (to check his settings).

Looking forward to hearing back from you my friend.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. for sure not overloaded. i have a high end gaming PC with over 1.5 tb of space left. how do i upload the p3d.cfg? here is an example of other addons working at EDDF v2 (Note it happens with the airbus at all aerosoft and non-aerosoft airports too, only in the Airbus) 

On 16/08/2016 at 2:46 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Nick,

You still owe us your system specs and .CFG file. If you don't provide the information, we can't help you.

Instead of copying and pasting your CFG file contents, just zip and attach to your post.

Where do i find it?

Archived