Left CDU stops working (A0-0, engine unknown)

august78

Reposting my post from Diverse since this fault belongs in this folder.

Problem: Whenever I reload the aircraft, the left CDU stops functioning.

Identification of the problem: The top of the initial page on the left CDU says: "A0-0, Eng Unknown". The left CDU is non-operational - you cannot switch pages, and you cannot enter data. The display is working, and showing nav airac cycle.

How to reproduce: Reload the vehicle from the p3d v3.2.3 vehicle menu

Frequency: 100%

Product: a320-321 v 131 with latest hotfix released in june 2016 + a318-319. Default liveries.

What I did to trouble shoot it:

I uninstalled both the a320/1 and the a318/9. I removed any artefacts in the my documents folder as prescirbed in the thread you linked to. I also removed artefacts from the /p3d/aerosoft/fallback and the /p3d/simobjects/airplanes folders. I ran CCleaner and cleaned any broken entries in the registry (ran it twice to make sure). I ran p3d to the splash screen, exited, and rebooted my pc. I proceeded to reinstall a320/1. I rebooted my pc after the installer had finished. I ran the configurator. I entered the british airways standard livery, and checked the cdu. The start up page showed engine model. I then reloaded the aircraft from the vehicle select screen. The left cdu is now non-operational; On the top it says "A0-0", eng unknown".

Status after troubleshooting: Bug still occours 100% of the time.

Just a little bit more info:

I am on p3d v3.2.3. Win10 64 bits home. I reinstalled the simconnect distributables from p3d redist folders to make sure I had everything.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please do not open double posts! Asking a moderator to move your topic is enough. Now you have splitted your problem over two topics, even without linking between each other.

To fix at least that, this is the previous topic which I am going to close now:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Another user fixed the very same problem by re-installing his sim and the airbus. Both as Administrator, what he hadn't done before.

and also

Reinstallation usually is the very last step since it requires quite alot of work. Are there really no other troubleshooting steps before that..? I just did a fresh install of win10 and p3d just 2 weeks ago.

And just to add to my initial post: This problem happens on the 318-319 as well.

• 2 months later...

Same problem here. When I start FSX everything works just fine the first flight. But if I end the flight and then try to run another the left MCDU doesn't work. Have tried to change aircraft and switch back again, reset and nothing works except restarting FSX. Then it works again, for a single flight

Reinstalling FSX is NOT an option since a have a extensive add on library that takes quite some time to install. This is probably some minor bug fix that I hope you can fix.

Except for that issue I'm very glad I bought this add on, it's spectacular!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Reinstalling FSX isn't necessary. As mentioned above, reinstalling the bus itself fixed the problem. 

Please do so by following these instructions:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looks like your Windows (I guess you are on 8 or 10) have restored older file versions automatically.

Have you re-installed the bus as administrator and are you starting your FSX as administrator?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

The above mentioned steps have worked for others who reported the same problem here in the forums.

So there must be something different or special on your computer.

As long as this hasn't been identified it can hardly be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, marceling said:

Same problem for me in P3D v3.4 See my post:

and me, but see my solution for a MCDU work around for selecting other A320's  by making it a default aircraft. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:26 AM, marceling said:

Same problem for me in P3D v3.4 See my post:

This just happened to me today after I saved a flight and then re-loaded it - P3D v3.4. Now I can't use ANY of my Airbusses - 318/319 | 320/321 ...

I just purchased the A318/A319/A320/A321 bundle and am having this issue.

Running windows 10, FSX-SE, A318/319 1.31.  Performed re-install steps according to the above article, and only installed A319 (not A320).    My default state is cold and dark.

I find that my MCDU1 works on a fresh FSX start every time (I happen to be starting from a save for the beginning of the step-by-step).  If I end the flight and reload that save, MCDU1 is unresponsive.  End flight, exit FSX, go back in, load save, MCDU1 is fine.  Rinse, repeat.  Same as P3D issue.

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Archived