Mathijs Kok

Madeira X Evolution (released)

326 posts in this topic

You should really leave it to the developer to decide when he sees his product fit for release.

Little pieces of information on the current status of the development here in the preview topic give most certainly not the entire picture.

I would like to ask (the devs mainly) if the new apron and runway paintings have been or will be implemented on the initial release or will they be added in the future as they first said.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Flightplayer said:

I would like to ask (the devs mainly) if the new apron and runway paintings have been or will be implemented on the initial release or will they be added in the future as they first said.

Thanks!

We're going to release it as it looks on the screenshots. It will be updated after we release Napoli to match last changes. We've got the materials finally. :) 

4 hours ago, Flightplayer said: I would like to ask (the devs mainly) if the new apron and runway paintings have been or will be implemented on the initial release or will they be added in the future as they first said.

Thanks!

We're going to release it as it looks on the screenshots. It will be updated after we release Napoli to match last changes. We've got the materials finally.  

So the release is imminent?

1 hour ago, MK-Studios said:

We're going to release it as it looks on the screenshots. It will be updated after we release Napoli to match last changes. We've got the materials finally. :) 

Thanks for the quick answer :)

It's being processed internally at this moment.

vor 3 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

It's being processed internally at this moment.

what does that mean? Are you making the installers?

Sounds good hope we get it before the end of the month. Cant wait

--

Eamonn

On 2/13/2017 at 2:04 PM, christian75 said:

what does that mean? Are you making the installers?

I just checked and we are waiting for a few small fixes from the developers. But as most testing is done it should not take long after that. However we got a few big day long meeting schedules this week so we are a bit thin on resources.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I just checked and we are waiting for a few small fixes from the developers. But as most testing is done it should not take long after that. However we got a few big day long meeting schedules this week so we are a bit thin on resources.

Good to know, thanks!

The release that changed :( I thought I could make myself a nice birthday present and fly to Madeira. Is the new release day more or less certain?

vor 4 Stunden , swisspilotace sagte:

The release that changed :( I thought I could make myself a nice birthday present and fly to Madeira. Is the new release day more or less certain?

The release date on the website is only a placeholder. Please ignore this date. It's not meaningful...

Maybe it's a little late for this but ...

Does the scenario include that lead-in lighting?

Another thing:

Clipboard01.jpg

There's strobe lights in that place. I don't have any video* or photo but may be interesting if the scenery have that.

* in the first video, 2:25 min you can see that!

vor 56 Minuten, MK-Studios sagte:

Not sure if some new shots will help you waiting, but I think it may be good to post something. :D 

Last shot is with GSX working. :) 

nice pictures!

Can we get like any news about the current state? What's the problem at it to take so long? 

Have a good day, thanks

@MK-Studios Interesting insights, thank you! Did you have to reinvent the wheel for this version of Madeira, or could you draw on the experience of Peter Werlitz who developed the old Madeira version? I guess that he encountered the same problems as you did.

2 hours ago, MK-Studios said:

Close to be finished. 

The problem is that Madeira scenery uses (I guess) all possible workarounds for flight sim limitations that every developer could imagine. ;) Beside, you need to be compatible with GSX, ORBX and other addons.

Let me give you an example for ground vehicles (GSX).

You need fs concrete material under our custom ground polygons to have them moving correctly. But wait! You have pillars and slopes all around the airport. Ok then, when you deal with this you realize that to move fsx road traffic you need platforms all around the airport. But you used another to keep the aircraft on the runway (platform must me rectangle object) and traffic goes through the runway. Not a good idea when you want to land there with an airplane... ;) 

Anyway 2 weeks later (I guess this was when my head became bold)  when runway lights were ready I discovered that there's small transparency problem. You see an ocean and default ground through them... Let's go back! Runway should be physically connected to FS mesh. Ok! We can flatten, but wait... There are pillars there...

Really, I could write a book about this. :D  

Confirm...