Left Side (MCDU1) Graphics Artifacts

Sabretooth78

Hi,

When I use the "pop-up" MCDU window, it displays fine initially but once I move to another page (so far any page, it appears), artifacts from the original page appear along the rightmost approx. 10% of the MCDU display window.  I haven't noticed this addressed here elsewhere, but I've never had a similar problem with any other pop-up windows on any other aircraft, so I'm hesitant to believe I'm the only one who has seen this.  Attached is an example:

It's still useable, it just looks weird.  For the record, I fly VC in all aircraft, and usually use the VC MCDU units anyway; there are just some occasions where the pop-up window is convenient.

-Chris

Please login to display this image.

When you installed the Airbus, did you ensure your Antivirus was disabled and you right clicked on the Installer and selected Run as Administrator? 

If not, please follow these instructions. Actually, I'd recommend you follow them either way, and please report back to let us know if the problem is resolved.

Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Hi, sorry for not following up sooner as I had lost track of this thread after posting.

I uninstalled and reinstalled according to the guidance but the issue persists.  The good news is that I've isolated what I did to cause it:

As I run FSX on wide-screen monitors, I've gone through and edited all of my panel.cfg config files.  Reason being is that by default (both default and 3rd party aircraft), the pop-up panels tend to be stretched horizontally as we all know the game was developed for 4:3 aspect ratio monitors.  So, I've gone through and fixed them, with only positive effects (circular buttons are no longer ovals!) and to no apparent ill effect until this one.

By default, the configuration (excluding the gauge info) of the MCDU popup window reads:

[Window01]
file=../../Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMG.bmp
file_1024_night=../../Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMG_NIGHT.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=430,726
window_size_ratio=0.250  
position=7
visible=0
ident=10021
window_size= 0.350, 0.750
window_pos= 0.650, 0.250
//sizeable=0

...which yields this on my monitor:

My modifications are the following - on four lines below as shown in red and bold:

[Window01]
file=../../Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMG.bmp
file_1024_night=../../Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base/Panel_Fallback/MCDUIMG_NIGHT.bmp
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=430,726
//window_size_ratio=0.250  
position=8
visible=0
ident=10021

window_size= 0.2221, 0.6667
//window_pos= 0.650, 0.250
//sizeable=0

...which yields this:

Unfortunately now it gets those artifacts.  Changing the "window_size" attribute alone seems to be all that is needed to cause it.  Not sure if such a modification is "supported", but it would be an appreciated fix!

Very interesting, thanks very much for the update!

I've alway used widescreen monitors myself, and never had the issue you're speaking of even when I ran in Eye Infinity / Surround over 69 inches of monitor real estate.  But I did use the WideScreen=True setting.

I certainly agree the guy who set the MCDU 2D panel size was on drugs (at that particular momment) - one absolutely couldn't make that panel bigger!  I've resized that one myself.

Anyway, any chance you can give a few screen shots showing the before and after of your panel sizes?  I'd love to see the difference, and if beneficial I'd be interested in using them.

Thanks in advance!

Archived