Aspen Extended FTX global patch

matted

• Developer

Some more info on this patch: it updates the colours/tones and blend mask of the airphoto base image to blend seamlessly with FTX global, and includes all seasonal variations (hence the large file size). It also includes a landclass of the area that helps with the blending.

If you use the default FSX/P3D textures or VeroFS 'Heart of Colorado' photoscenery DON'T use this patch; Aspen Extended 1.1 default already blends with these :) FTX global users will notice a big difference with this though!

The link is in Fabian's pinned post above (hopefully we can improve those DL speeds for some people)

Mat

Please login to display this image.

Thanks Mat, i managed the download after 5 hrs but it`s ok, i just setup KASE with the FTX patch and it blends nice but i found some issues at the Terminal with a texture, it`s creating bad FPS obviously. I`m using P3d v3.2 on W7.. i7 4770k GTX980ti, also scenery order is correct with FTX and the Vector tool also.?

• Developer

Wierd. Is this with A.E. 1.1? Did this only happen after the FTX fix (that would be almost impossible AFAIK, but still...)

Also, does this still happen if you turn off real reflections?

Mat

• Developer

I can't replicate this. Maybe a video card issue? Does it happen if you restart the sim? If so, can you please post screens of your Graphics, Scenery and Lighting settings and I'll see if I can replicate.

Mat

Hi Mat,

thanks for the heads-up and the added value with ORBX Global Base compatibility.

From your usage tips I would conclude that this patch isn't required for users of MSEv2 Rocky Mountains National Park photoscenery (or MSE Colorado), either.

Being a Global Base user also, maybe I am asking too much here, but: Is there any kind of "switch" between Global compatibility and PS compatibility? Currently, I would figure, the switch from Global compatibility back to PS compatibility would require to reinstall from the v1.1 exe, is that correct?

Again, thanks for your continued support!

P.S. I: I am downloading the patch with the maximum bandwidth my ISP allows - 4 MB/sec. Slower downloads for some customers don't seem to be a server issue.

P.S. II: The patch consists of only 3 files - I created two backup folders (one for the 3 original/PS-related files and one for the 3 patched/ORBX-related ones) and will just copy over to the scenery folder appropriately

• Developer

Hi Oliver,

Yes, if you just make backups of the original 3 files you can switch back whenever you like - no other files change.

I've never used the MSE photoscenery, but looking at the screenshots it seems they use a similar source imagery to the VeroFS ones, so the original Aspen Extended files will probably suit it better. If you get a chance to test both let us know which looks better please!

Cheers,

Mat

After some changes back and forth I determined that the FTX Global version actually provides a very balanced solution (IMO). It certainly looks good with the greener 0.5m/pxl National Park scenery:

The darker 1.0m/pxl CO state budget scenery has never really been my cup of tea. I would not even try to match those colo(u)rs:

I only activate the state scenery to enhance the National Park scenery anyway, and the NP would take priority then. So for me it's going to be the patched version as an all-in-one solution.

Thanks for that!

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hi Bob, based on my understanding of what Open LC includes, it shouldn't do. People can let me know if it doesn't blend anymore and I'll do a new update.

Cheers,

Mat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, rgbalzaretti said:

I cannot find the download option for this patch. Could you please tell where to get it?

Many Thanks,

George

You can download the latest installer from the place you bought it and it will have the patch included as the top of the post tells you :)

Archived